Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: It's Playoff Hockey!  (Read 5429 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: It's Playoff Hockey!
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2013, 09:05:06 AM »

Too bad both Bergeron and Toews got injured. I was really dis-appointed there was no tripping penalty called against the Hawks near the end there. It was extremely obvious and would have given us a 6 on 4 with the face off in the hawks end. Instead they get away with it and score on the open net because of it. Both teams were dragging ass in the 3rd. But congrats to the Hawks for the win and I hope my B's can bounce back in game 6

Your right, should have been a call but there was only 11 seconds left.  I think the puck was outside the Hawks zone, but if it would have been an offensive zone face off, yeah the B's had some hope.  There were a lot of missed calls, that was one of many.  Bruins have 1 game plan, take the body.  They are getting beat and they need to change that if they want game 6.  They are a good club, they can score goals.  No they don't want an open game against the Hawks because clearly they are deeper offensively, but they need that balance.  A lot of our opportunities came from Bruins trying to make a hit, game 4 too.  They aren't the 1st team to try and beat the Blackhawks with physical play.  Hawks still in 7    :nixweiss:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 09:06:38 AM »

Hey Neil,

Got that out a little early eh?

AND IT STOPS AT TWO //
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:51:14 AM by Rio »
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »

I would love to see the Hawks trade Kane.  Talented player, but the Hawks have a tremendous amount of depth up front in the AHL and OHL that would already be playing on other teams.  Both Towes and Kane have 1 more year on their contract.  I would like to see the Hawks get Toews inked now, trade Kane and get someone like Penner and some draft picks.  Hawks need a Lucic/Penner type player
I think they already have that player in Bickle  He has been a pain in the Bruins side all series.
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2013, 11:32:33 AM »

I think they already have that player in Bickle  He has been a pain in the Bruins side all series.

Yeah!  Same with Shaw!   I Even want to Ring his neck watching him play  :huepfenlol2:

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »

Yes, but I have been a long time Blackhawk fan.  Bickell is overachieving this year because he is a UFA in July. Prior to this year he has been a head case, very up and down, and very inconsistent, and he never played up to his size.  His agent no doubt sat him down before the season and told him he better start playing like a big boy if he wants to make more than $900,000 a year. After his physical play and offesive performance during this year and the playoffs, someone will probably pay him $2.5M-$3M a year.  Not sure the Hawks can afford that and be able to sign Leddy and some of the other players they would like to up this year rather than have them go into contract years, namely Toews, Seabrook, and Kane.  Trading Kane will free some big $$ but hes a franchise player so it's more likey Seabrook will find a new home this summer.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2013, 10:52:33 PM »

2 goals in 17 seconds.  58.3 seconds to go!  Not over till it's over...  Sweatin now...    :nervous:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2013, 10:56:52 PM »

Chicago Blackhawks are Stanley Cup Champions!!!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »

CONGRATS... Chicago   :2vrolijk_21:     To Great Hockey  :drink:  :drink:  :drink:

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2013, 11:04:06 PM »

Congrats to the Hawks and their fans. Not having played the Hawks much recently I did not know much about them. Toews is an incredible warrior. I lost a ton of respect for Kane. Not much of a player IMO. Yet he wins the mvp award for the playoffs? What a joke that is!!!

But regardless of that the Hawks played with hearts of champions all year. I felt they were a team of destiny from the beginning. They earned it and my hats off to them. Quennville is a great coach

Proud of my B's. No shame in the way we played
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2013, 07:50:47 AM »

grew up in chicago & played goalie when i was young. CONGRATS HAWKS!!!! :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :jalapeno: :carrot: :apple:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2013, 07:52:58 AM »

:drink:

Congratulations to the Hawks, they kept grinding.

Go Bruins...No head hanging, they played strong.  Bergeron skating was as statement alone.

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »

Congrats to the Hawks and their fans. Not having played the Hawks much recently I did not know much about them. Toews is an incredible warrior. I lost a ton of respect for Kane. Not much of a player IMO. Yet he wins the mvp award for the playoffs? What a joke that is!!!

But regardless of that the Hawks played with hearts of champions all year. I felt they were a team of destiny from the beginning. They earned it and my hats off to them. Quennville is a great coach

Proud of my B's. No shame in the way we played

Well, I'm a  transplant to Michigan, I have been a Hawks fan since the early 80's, born and raised in the burbs, I was a season ticket holder at the old barn.  I agree with you about Kane.  Not sure I would have no respect for the guy, he's a gifted hockey player and a young rich punk at the same time.  Patrick Sharp is my favorite Blackhawk, the guy brings it every game.  I would like to see the Hawks trade Kane this year to open up some cap space to keep guys like Seabrook around and Bickell.  This team is deep with talent, we have more in the AHL right now that will certainly build the roster up for another run in a couple years.  The benefits of having Scotty Bowman as the senior advisor and his son the GM?  Anyway, Boston through the opportunity to make this a 7 game series by focusing on finishing checks versus playing hockey.  That final jab in the ribs with the stick was more important that shadowing an open player.  That cost them this series.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »

Well, I'm a  transplant to Michigan, I have been a Hawks fan since the early 80's, born and raised in the burbs, I was a season ticket holder at the old barn.  I agree with you about Kane.  Not sure I would have no respect for the guy, he's a gifted hockey player and a young rich punk at the same time.  Patrick Sharp is my favorite Blackhawk, the guy brings it every game.  I would like to see the Hawks trade Kane this year to open up some cap space to keep guys like Seabrook around and Bickell.  This team is deep with talent, we have more in the AHL right now that will certainly build the roster up for another run in a couple years.  The benefits of having Scotty Bowman as the senior advisor and his son the GM?  Anyway, Boston through the opportunity to make this a 7 game series by focusing on finishing checks versus playing hockey.  That final jab in the ribs with the stick was more important that shadowing an open player.  That cost them this series.

We have one of those guys in Marchand as well. He's about the only Bruin I don't like. Not sure about the extra pokes you are talking about. We played physical yes, but spearing? I don't think so. Both teams have those kinds of things they do on the edge. For the Hawks it's running interference all over the ice. But I digress as I really don't want to get into a pissing contest over petty stuff when 2 great teams just laid it all out there

Scotty Bowman is one of the greatest hockey minds ever. Much respect for that guy
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »

2 million show for the Blackhawks cup parade.  I will say, Mcdonough knows how to market and run a sports club.  The Chicago Blackhawks are what I would consider 'top notch' as a professional sports club should be!  They took out a full page ad in the Boston Globe thanking the Bruins, the city, and the fans for a fantastic Stanley Cup Final.  This guy needs to be the NHL Comissioner, and they need to get rid of Bettenman
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2013, 03:50:25 PM »

2 million show for the Blackhawks cup parade.  I will say, Mcdonough knows how to market and run a sports club.  The Chicago Blackhawks are what I would consider 'top notch' as a professional sports club should be!  They took out a full page ad in the Boston Globe thanking the Bruins, the city, and the fans for a fantastic Stanley Cup Final.  This guy needs to be the NHL Comissioner, and they need to get rid of Bettenman

AGREE!  :2vrolijk_21:   Class Act!  ;)      CONGRATS  Again  :drink:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.