Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: sirusxm  (Read 3039 times)

Blue Eagle

• CVO1: 2011.5 CVO Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Breakout
sirusxm
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »

My siriusxm output as far as sound goes is considerably lower than the radio or cd. it is almost as if the amp is not pushing it. Is this normal. In other words I have to crank the volume higher on the sat radio to equal sound of hk radio and cd. any ideas?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: sirusxm
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:00:16 PM »

Mine is the same way.........would be great if there was a fix.

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:18:35 PM »

I was told the content is compressed which makes for a lower volume. Supposedly no fix is available. 

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »

Its the same way in my truck. I will not renew and stick with Ipod and Blutooth. Sound quality is way better on both Bike and Truck
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »

There's a few topics on this, but yeah it's normal. I talked to tech at my dealer about upgrading my firmware. He didn't have disc at the time and said he would contact HD in regards to xm volume. I was able to have a friend burn update for me (my Mac couldn't write that slow) and performed the firmware update. No change. So I brought the disc to my dealer so he'd have it for others (supposedly just a VOX fix) and he told me HD is aware and there is no fix. So I'm not renewing my xm anymore now that I've got my phone integrated with Internet radio. I did try and search out a fix for it, but no luck. Was hoping wires could be tapped into and boostaroo put inline, but I don't know what I'm doing and don't want to fry my radio in the process.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 01:07:54 AM »

I had a in line booster put under the fairing. Very inexpensive considering how well it works. I now have to turn down the volume on the Zumo to 80% to keep it close to the iPod. I listen to XM most of the time so big winner for me. it was driving me crazy before!
Alan

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 11:35:33 AM »

Save your money on Serius and XM. Buy the gift cards every once and awhile and use I-tunes or similar and just buy the songs YOU want and before you know it you have a great collection that is yours. And you will still be $$'s ahead.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »

I had a in line booster put under the fairing. Very inexpensive considering how well it works. I now have to turn down the volume on the Zumo to 80% to keep it close to the iPod. I listen to XM most of the time so big winner for me. it was driving me crazy before!

That only works with the garmin xm not the xm module that plugs into hk radio. I also installed a booster for the line out on my gps for music loaded onto micro sd card. Works well just wish I was able to tap it into hk xm module too.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »

That only works with the garmin xm not the xm module that plugs into hk radio. I also installed a booster for the line out on my gps for music loaded onto micro sd card. Works well just wish I was able to tap it into hk xm module too.

X2...wished the booster worked with the factory xm module :(

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 02:04:45 AM »

Ahhh, got it. My bad
Alan

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »

I found a fix for this, I turn the volume up slightly when on XM. Cheap/simple/works great.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »

I found a fix for this, I turn the volume up slightly when on XM. Cheap/simple/works great.

Not really

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »

My siriusxm output as far as sound goes is considerably lower than the radio or cd. it is almost as if the amp is not pushing it. Is this normal. In other words I have to crank the volume higher on the sat radio to equal sound of hk radio and cd. any ideas?
this is normal. Hawg wired and iron cross confirmed this. No way to fix it. Jim at metal Dragon is going to adjust my amp so it will play louder on the XM. I just can't use CDs or may blow speakers once it's adjusted for XM. I only listen to XM any way soit isn't an issue. I can not hear my radio while at highway speed now even with 4 6.5 hawg wired speakers and their big amp. And I only have a stage 1. 96 inch motor with. A D&D fat cat. This will change shortly though as Jim (hd-dude) is doing a little performance upgrade to the bike also while he has it.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »

I have the 150 Watt HawgWired amp with corresponding speakers and can hear mine fine @ 70MPH, 09 SERG, using HD XM Module, with a 12" WIndvest windshield and wear fullface Shoei mulit-tec and have Never had a problem hearing the xm, it does take a little more volume than FM but not much, 60% is enough to clearly hear @ 70. I do have the HW tweeter grills and the tweeters do help but not that much.

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »

I have the 150 Watt HawgWired amp with corresponding speakers and can hear mine fine @ 70MPH, 09 SERG, using HD XM Module, with a 12" WIndvest windshield and wear fullface Shoei mulit-tec and have Never had a problem hearing the xm, it does take a little more volume than FM but not much, 60% is enough to clearly hear @ 70. I do have the HW tweeter grills and the tweeters do help but not that much.
you are lucky. I can't hear the xm at full volume with a half helmet at 70 mph.  The cd on the other and is loud.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.