Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SEEG Rear Suspension Upgrade  (Read 2425 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: SEEG Rear Suspension Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »

I had 300s on my SEEG.  No problem.  They like weight, so on an Ultra, I wouldn't anticipate any troubles.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »

I had 300s on my SEEG.  No problem.  They like weight, so on an Ultra, I wouldn't anticipate any troubles.

I had 300s on the SEEG for awhile also.  Then got the chance to swap them out with 330s.  It wasn't a huge difference but it was a noticeable difference.  And rather due to luck, more experience or some wider range they work in I could dial the 330s in more quickly too.  Great shocks either way.  Probably won't ride anything much if at all better.  But with the side by side comparison, and if ride quality is the only concern, I'd go with the 330s.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »

First, let the record show that this side track wasn't started by me. :innocent:

JoeV

I'd recommend getting the 330mm version of the Bitubo's.  I have the shorties.  Been messing with them for over a year.  They seem a bit stiffer than I expected.  I'm still doing all the voodoo adjustments to try to find the magic spot.  No joy yet.

FWIW

JW

Have to concur with Jeff.  Have ridden bikes with the 300mm Bitubos and have the 330mm on both of mine.  Noticeably better ride with the 330s when they're even close to dialed in.  It's also much easier and quicker to dial in the 330s to an acceptable sweet spot than it was the 300s (at least in my experience).

Thanks for the feedback guys! I went with the 300's because the 13" air shocks were too tall for me to comfortably push the bike back when I needed to. I started to buy the 12" H-D premium shocks but instead I changed to 12" air shocks to test the change in height before I spent Bitubo money and the height was much better for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get them set for me. I like a stiffer ride so that may work in my favor, and if they really like weight, I've got that covered too.   ::)

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 20 queries.