Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: It could have been worse!  (Read 20321 times)

King2013

Re: It could have been worse!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 10:16:59 PM »

Thank you all and I appreciate all the prayers you great folks have sent my way, but I got some bad news today at the doctors.
Seems I have a bone infection in one of my crushed toes.
I will be heading back into the hospital for any where from 4 days to 6 weeks depending on how bad the infection is.

However, I am going to try to take a few rides on the new bike before I check in.
Can't just leave the new King in the garage with just 4 miles on her for a few more weeks.
She needs some air dam it, I'm going to give it to her!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »

Man I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be specifically praying for a healing of your infection. Seems I hear more people battling infections after surgery or stays in hospitals. Get that taken care of so you can enjoy plenty of days in the wind! ;) God Bless ya man! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

King2013

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »

Man I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be specifically praying for a healing of your infection. Seems I hear more people battling infections after surgery or stays in hospitals. Get that taken care of so you can enjoy plenty of days in the wind! ;) God Bless ya man! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

thanks jr, I'm not sure how i got the bone infection. i guess I'll have to find that out. none of the tissue is infected.
the only thing they did was stitch up the opening where the foot was impacted and ripped open which was between the big toe and the second toe. only the big toe got the infection.
the stitches were left in 2 weeks longer than normal (total 4 weeks) but that was done intentionally.
no surgeries were performed on my foot as of yet.

the only good news was they don't think I'm going to lose any toes. they have been healing very well. just wish i could feel them without touching them.
ah well, back to trying to figure/rig something up so i can put on the rear brakes for a much needed ride on Friday.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »

hang in there man. keep your focus on GOD'S healing. I'm going thru bone graphs on hand & several surgeries (self inflicted, not bike related). so I know about making sure bone is healing & blood flow thru it. Sorry for this to happen. Can we ever be careful enough. I will be praying for you & the bone infection specifally. Take care. GOD's Bessings to you. praying for speedy & full recovery. I've been dealing with my ordeal since 01/14/13. JUst got released to try riding 06/10/13 to see how the bone has healed. still got 1-2 more surgeries to remove plate & pins. so I'm right there with you on the riding pain.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

King2013

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »

hang in there man. keep your focus on GOD'S healing. I'm going thru bone graphs on hand & several surgeries (self inflicted, not bike related). so I know about making sure bone is healing & blood flow thru it. Sorry for this to happen. Can we ever be careful enough. I will be praying for you & the bone infection specifally. Take care. GOD's Bessings to you. praying for speedy & full recovery. I've been dealing with my ordeal since 01/14/13. JUst got released to try riding 06/10/13 to see how the bone has healed. still got 1-2 more surgeries to remove plate & pins. so I'm right there with you on the riding pain.

Thank you sir.
I've only been dealing with this since 4/20/13 (great date for it to right.. 420). I plan on getting a few rides in this week just to get rid of the itch. Doc said give it a go but be careful. He wasn't thrilled about it.
Today he's even more upset with me as I have to post pone the surgery until the 11th because of a trial I have on the 8th. I've been waiting for this trial for over 2 years, no way to reschedule it because it would be another 2 years to get there again.
I'll be in the hospital for any where from 4 days to 6 weeks depending on how long I need the IV anti-s for.
He is concerned I may do more damage by putting off any longer. He wanted to do it today.
He did give me some anti-s for now but he's real worried.
It sounds pretty serious, but I have to make that trial.
So anyway, everyone RIDE SAFE!

Also, if anyone is up for a meet and short ride in the Moorestown/Maple Shade NJ 08052 area, message me!

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 08:39:29 AM »

Speedy recovery and great choice of the King!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »

Hope your road to recovery is shorter than expected. Good luck on getting back on the road quickly and at court.

King2013

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »

Again thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

quick update:

Thursday i had the surgery on my foot. doc said everything looked good and
we were waiting for culture results. today i find out the bone is infact infected. well this really sucks.
i will need long term antibiotics through an iv.
i won't know if there going to keep me in the hospital or if there going to
do a picc line until Monday.
so here i sit bored out of my skull until Monday at best.

harleytimes

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 12:08:41 PM »

Wow! Hope the trial went your way.  Wishing you a speedy recovery and clear of all infections.  Congrats on the new ride.
Kevin

2007 Screaming Eagle Road King
Mustang black studded smooth touring seat

It's a lot of work to have fun!

King2013

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »

the trial i won't heart anything about for atleast a month.

well im pretty sure i done did a bad thing....
i escaped from the hospital. i couldn't take it any more. they wanted to keep me there for 4-6 weeks and they were feeding me a bunch of bs over the picc line.
and WOW the guy they had in the room with me was crapping twice a day in the middle of the room. the nurses took more time getting him into that poo chair than if they just helped him to the bathroom.
the hospital was dirty and loud all hours of the day and night. i felt like i was in max security because i was not allowed off the floor and was not allowed to go out side at all.
the doc is not happy at all but has given me some oral antibiotics in hopes of them being effective enough so maybe i won't have to go back. now after being out a few days i get a call from an old employer, he wants me to come work for him again at a new place. what timing, so my pee is streaming from all the opiates I've been taking for the pain and were waiting to see if corporate is going to make us wait until I'm clean before giving the go ahead.
to top it off i got a call from my insurance company letting me know that they have to go to arbitration because the guy that hit me is now saying that i was illegally going around stopped cars?!?          81 year old liar. now I'm really hoping some bad crap comes his way real soon. he needs to lose 3+ months of his life to someone elses irresponsibility.

sorry for the long venting, but I'm just waiting until i can get a shoe on this foot so i can ride.

again, thanks for chalk the well wishes and prayers, I believe i need then now more than ever.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:02:24 PM by King2013 »

Billyb

• Full CVO Member
  • GOT MY SE ROAD GLIDE
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »

sorry to hear and good luck with the road to recovery,I see you have that started with the ordering of the new bike see ya  on the road soon some time 
2009 SE road glide
stage 3 110hp 112lbsT
YA BABY LOV IT

2003 FLHTPI SOLD
95" 90 hp, 100lbs T
Corbin
12" Bagger Bars love um
Harley heavy breather
21" Elite "3D Cut" Black Dos Reis Harley Front Wheel
from Southern Motorcycle Works
Custom Paint
SOLD

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 05:05:02 PM »

so just to follow up. how are you doing? what's the prognosis? any news on the trial & the insurance scam with the cager Prayers & hope that things are moving along in you favor, that GOD is in control. Patience & trust. take care, hang in there            :2vrolijk_21:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

King2013

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 11:14:31 PM »

so just to follow up. how are you doing? what's the prognosis? any news on the trial & the insurance scam with the cager Prayers & hope that things are moving along in you favor, that GOD is in control. Patience & trust. take care, hang in there            :2vrolijk_21:

the hearing didn't go well so it is being appealed.

the cagers story has apparently changed again. Now he says i was illegally passing a car and that's why he didn't see me. fascinating to me that the car i was supposedly passing didn't hit him, after all his bumper did break off and render his car immobile. the stories seem to be changing regularly. his insurance company is fighting and dragging this out for as long as they can. they actually refused to pay my insurance company any portion of the property damage back and have now postponed the arbitration hearing. scumbag insurance company.

so, after 4 full months I'm still missing a part of my big toe and the toe nail has not shown its face yet.
the seeping appears to have stopped, the pain in my back t11 can become unbearable but oxycodone and morphine provide some relief. i don't like taking them because i don't want to become addicted.

The urge to make one feel the same is still overwhelming most of the time.
i sure hope before he passes he gets the pleasure to feel as much (if not more) pain than he has put me through.
but I'm pretty sure him and his family have enjoyed their summer as usual with not even a thought as to how much physical and financial damage/pain he has caused me and my family. there should be a law that if you hit a motorcycle rider not only do you pay all the medical bills but they get directly billed to you at your address. them bills start piling in right after you check in. i think 3 or 4 already have me in collections.?. give me a chance to recover you know. they wanted to keep in the hospital for 6 weeks? if i actually stayed in my house would be gone already.

one last thing, another big thanks to the 81 year old asshole who broadsided me!

mchirgwin

• 2010 cvo ultra #688
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 06:04:47 AM »

good luck on the recovery

sad to see so many people texting while driving, lady almost hit me yesterday but thank god looked up at the last secnd - sad part is she will be texting and driving probably by tomorrow.

King2013

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 10:31:19 PM »

good luck on the recovery

sad to see so many people texting while driving, lady almost hit me yesterday but thank god looked up at the last secnd - sad part is she will be texting and driving probably by tomorrow.

absolutely she will.

so today i managed to cram my beat foot into a shoe (very painful getting in the shoe, once in it wasn't too bad) and got 17 miles on her today. now i know i have been missing the mark for some time. i love the look of the batwing but i must confess the cvo road king handles way better, rides smoother and packs a nice punch. i don't think i could go back to a non cvo ride unless i had no other choice.
unfortunately my next ride probably won't happen for a few days or more, i want to give the foot a good rest because you still feel some weight at the stops and the pressure at the stops is where most of the foot pain came from.

ride safe!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.