Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 street Glide LED rear turn signals  (Read 1741 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
2010 street Glide LED rear turn signals
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:16:57 PM »

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, but I posted the below to another forum last night since it's not a CVO.  I haven't received any replies...not even any that answered completely different questions than I asked.  Does anybody on here know anything about the rear turn signals on a standard 2010 Street Glide?  Thanks.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tonight I installed the Kuryakyn LED rear turn signals on my neighbor's bike. We used the load equalizer that comes with the lamps and the Kuryakyn load equalizer adaptor. When we tried them out, I thought that the turn signal function didn't appear to be a dramatic enough difference from the running lights. We walked next door to take a look at mine on my Screamin Eagle Ultra, and that's when I realized what the difference was. On mine, when I put the turn signals on, they turn completely off between blinks. On his Street Glide, it goes to running lights between blinks.

Here are the questions...First, is this the normal mode for the way it is going to work on the 2010 Street Glide? I didn't see a run/turn/stop module on the bike. He bought the bike used, but I'm guessing that it comes from the factory with run/turn/stop built in since there isn't a traditional tail lamp on the bike (only the louvered lamp at the bottom of the fender). So, is this correct that there is no separate module in line for this bike? Is there anything I could have done differently with the parts on hand to make it work like mine does? Would a separate run/turn/stop module added make it work like mine? I have the separate run/turn/stop module and a Badlands load equalizer on mine, but I wouldn't think that just using a different load equalizer would have anything to do with the difference. Is that a correct thought process there?

You can see that the signal is on, but it just doesn't seem to offer the same contrast I'm used to seeing and I don't want to see my friend get slammed in the rear. By the way, I did put the front ones on also, but I didn't even bother to notice if those go completely on and off on blinks, and I don't think I want to go wake him to find out. Thanks for any answers out there.

hogasm

Re: 2010 street Glide LED rear turn signals
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »

If you have them on both front and rear you do not need the load equalizer

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: 2010 street Glide LED rear turn signals
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »

If you have them on both front and rear you do not need the load equalizer

That's a new one to me.  I thought you had to have one for the rear, but not for the front.  Why would having front and rear cause you to not need one?

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.