Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Erratic Idle  (Read 1416 times)

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
Erratic Idle
« on: October 13, 2006, 06:13:17 PM »

:-/The 2001 SE roadglide has a pre Delphi fuel injection system and is known for issues and I am having one. The idle was too low sometimes allowing the bike to quit running and had the dealership adjust it and now is too high. They have spend major time on it since and feel it is a sensor going out but cannot get it to idle perfect (1000 +/- 50). The dealership is telling me to ride it until whatever sensor goes out completely. Until then I idle sometimes around 750 and after riding for awhile the idle goes up to 1200. Anyone else have or had a similar issue?

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Erratic Idle
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 06:51:20 PM »

Hey Dakota,
   Scooterhair and I have the same bike as you. I had some minor idle issues after I had gotten mine and he took care of it for me without any parts replacement. I will contact him and have him post or send you a pm. I hope you get it taken care of soon and without too much cost.
Good Luck,
Hobo [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:17:26 PM »

Thank you hobo. Some other people suggest it may be air leaks. The HD could not figure it out but what do you expect for $65 an hour. :-?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 09:18:20 PM by dakota »

Big_Red

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 11:29:41 AM »

My 2000 had the same issues after a couple of years.

red1dr

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 09:17:37 PM »

my 01 did the same thing. use to stall coming to stop when you pull the clutch in almost dropped it a couple times from that. i took it in and told them to keep it. they finally came up with bad intake gaskets. so far the idle is around 1000 and hasn't stalled.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.