Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: BURGULARY... 7/1/2013 in HAWAII  (Read 2960 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: BURGULARY... 7/1/2013 in HAWAII
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »

Tell me something... would you send this guy a reward without him providing any proof he has the items?

I'm already out the damage to the house, a weeks worth of fixing crap, my wife spent a week doing laundry after they tossed all our clothes all over the floor!

I'm not willing to just send $500 to someone on the phone that wont even snap a pic of the items he says he has.

I didn't mean to get you mad at me. Like I said, maybe I am naive.  I was just thinking about a time that I, unknowingly, had bought some stolen firearms from somebody and the trepidation I experienced when I decided to involve the authorities and return the stolen property to it's rightful owner.  I cannot abide a thief nor would I expect to collect a reward to do what is right and return the stolen goods but maybe this guy is scared and confused and hasn't quite decided how to handle the situation.  You are probable right about your first assumptions of this guy and I wouldn't send any money either until I had my property returned.  I guess I just like to believe in the best side of people until they prove otherwise.  I'm sorry about your break in.  I know how it makes you feel because it has happened to me too.  Good luck getting everything back and remember that it was just material stuff that ultimately can be replaced.  Be thankful that nobody you love got hurt.
Jesus is Lord

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 06:28:31 PM »

Keep it simple.  Call the guy back.  Tell him you can see the number he's calling from is probably Springfield, MO and that you've got a friend only an hour away.  Then ask what public place in Springfield we can meet to see the stuff.  I'd even apologize for the overweight charges he probably had to pay the airline to bring all the stuff home just to sniff him out more.

When he claimed to be in Milwaukee, I told him that I had friends at the MoCo that I would be willing to send the money to, then he could meet up with them and exchange the items for the reward money. He declined that offer as well.

I'm 99% certain this is a scam.

I've forwarded my statement to the police of this incident and forwarded this guy's number to my insurance company.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »

I didn't mean to get you mad at me. Like I said, maybe I am naive.  I was just thinking about a time that I, unknowingly, had bought some stolen firearms from somebody and the trepidation I experienced when I decided to involve the authorities and return the stolen property to it's rightful owner.  I cannot abide a thief nor would I expect to collect a reward to do what is right and return the stolen goods but maybe this guy is scared and confused and hasn't quite decided how to handle the situation.  You are probable right about your first assumptions of this guy and I wouldn't send any money either until I had my property returned.  I guess I just like to believe in the best side of people until they prove otherwise.  I'm sorry about your break in.  I know how it makes you feel because it has happened to me too.  Good luck getting everything back and remember that it was just material stuff that ultimately can be replaced.  Be thankful that nobody you love got hurt.

Please dont mistake my frustrations as anger.

I was simply asking if you would send someone $500 in hopes they would return your stuff without them even being willing to prove they have it.

He lied about his name, and probably lied about his location. Who knows WHAT ELSE he is lying about.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »

Rob,

From your description,  This sounds like an interstate scam. That would invoke the FBI's jurisdiction. It's a long shot but why not call them?

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 11:28:19 PM »

Not saying that this has happened to you, but their are many devices out there now to disguise your phone number to display just about anything you want.... here's an example:

http://m.spoofcard.com/?gclid=CLi0_cLVxLgCFelAMgod3m0ACA

Dood hit the nail on the head, contact the folks who took the occurrence and have it updated.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »

Rob,

From your description,  This sounds like an interstate scam. That would invoke the FBI's jurisdiction. It's a long shot but why not call them?

GK

good thoughts... I spent Sunday afternoon purging my frustrations at a local watering hole.... must've been a really good purging session because I didnt even recall riding home!

Stupid?... Very.... but my head is clearer now!

I will contact the local FBI office here in Honolulu

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »

Not saying that this has happened to you, but their are many devices out there now to disguise your phone number to display just about anything you want.... here's an example:

http://m.spoofcard.com/?gclid=CLi0_cLVxLgCFelAMgod3m0ACA

Dood hit the nail on the head, contact the folks who took the occurrence and have it updated.

The spoof would apply to an outgoing call. You cant (easily) reroute an inbound call to a spoofed number to another number.

Like I said, I called this guy back already.

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 01:47:26 PM »

Just a curious thought ..  lots of visitors to islands ... probably a few lost cellphones ...  what if its a local with found cellphone, and your stuff is nearby?   he could have gotten the location of the cell number same way you did ...  claimed to actually be there ... when he is really next door ..
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »

Just a curious thought ..  lots of visitors to islands ... probably a few lost cellphones ...  what if its a local with found cellphone, and your stuff is nearby?   he could have gotten the location of the cell number same way you did ...  claimed to actually be there ... when he is really next door ..

Hence why I have been trying to find a method to ping the phone.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 20 queries.