Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: TTS - Accelerator Enrichment Table  (Read 7224 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: TTS - Accelerator Enrichment Table
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »

Exactly...

Bottom line. Reduce the AE until you have stumble issues then work your way up.

Less is more.

Some grumpy old guy in a purple robe and a pointy hat once told me:

"there's a lot more to tuning than just getting the VEs dialed in".  

:party3: 8) :2vrolijk_21:

But a question I have is how much does AE really kick in, and how? Does it kick more fuel if I twist the throttle from say 30 kPa to 90 or 100 kPa than it does if I twist it from 30 kPa to only 60 kPa? It's a bit murky to me how AE really works in various acceleration transitions...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 07:57:21 AM »

The AE and DE tables come into play at just about every twitch of the throttle.  As mentioned previous in this thread, the easiest way to see how often these are in affect is to review vtune data from a vtune calibration that has these two tables active. 

HogRydr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »

Is there any concern with leaving the AE and DE tables zeroed out?

mayor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »

how about some context to the question. As in while tuning or after tuning is complete?  I do not think that either is recommended, but I have zeroed out the AE and DE tables during street tuning without issues.  I would not leave these tables zeroed for normal riding, since these tables serve important functions.   

HogRydr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 09:49:50 PM »

how about some context to the question. As in while tuning or after tuning is complete?  I do not think that either is recommended, but I have zeroed out the AE and DE tables during street tuning without issues.  I would not leave these tables zeroed for normal riding, since these tables serve important functions.   

I'm thinking after the DIY tuning process was completed. Being very new to this application and process in general, I lean upon the insight and knowledge of those who know; thus, I read entries from a few different forums comparing the information in an effort to derive the most accurate answer. Subsequently, my research uncovered varying answers which compelled me to ask the question here, the definitive source for all things Harley.

mayor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »

after the tuning process is complete, yes refresh the values in these tables.  These are important tables. 

Hilly13

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 04:31:34 AM »

Latest call on these tables is not to zero them out when vtuning, the software is smart enough to sort the data without this step, there is a reason not to zero them but I don't know what it is precisely. Steve never recommended doing this from the start, all he said was he wasn't aware of any harm in doing it, later testing has revealed an issue that can arise if the tables are zeroed while vtuning so he changed his stance to don't do it, period. That's my understanding of it anyhow.

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 06:55:23 AM »

This is all fairly easy to document, quantify and verify.  I will be getting into it on a different thread.

HogRydr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 07:34:06 AM »

This is all fairly easy to document, quantify and verify.  I will be getting into it on a different thread.

That will be a very interesting thread. I for one will look forward to your published findings.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »

Latest call on these tables is not to zero them out when vtuning, the software is smart enough to sort the data without this step, there is a reason not to zero them but I don't know what it is precisely. Steve never recommended doing this from the start, all he said was he wasn't aware of any harm in doing it, later testing has revealed an issue that can arise if the tables are zeroed while vtuning so he changed his stance to don't do it, period. That's my understanding of it anyhow.

This statement from Hilly is perfect. We (TTS) never said to zero things out, but when asked I said I did not think it would be an issue. That was proven later to be wrong with testing that we did. So I told everyone DO NOT DO IT. If you want to mess around be my guest but the testing has already been done and the results were not good!
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »

HogRydr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »

This statement from Hilly is perfect. We (TTS) never said to zero things out, but when asked I said I did not think it would be an issue. That was proven later to be wrong with testing that we did. So I told everyone DO NOT DO IT. If you want to mess around be my guest but the testing has already been done and the results were not good!

Can't get any more authoritative than that. So, before I continue on with my V-tune sessions, both of which were run with the AE and DE tables zeroed out, should I set the tables back to original in V-tune calibration #3 then flash the bike with the new cal and continue on, OR, should I start over?

mayor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »

only one way to see if having those active makes a difference or not. run vtune 3...with the AE and DE tables back to original.  I would not throw away what you have already done.  I understand Steve's concerns about zeroing out some of the tables during the vtune process, but I doubt you will see much difference with those two tables other than taking a little longer to generate acceptable data.

HogRydr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 02:55:30 PM »

only one way to see if having those active makes a difference or not. run vtune 3...with the AE and DE tables back to original.  I would not throw away what you have already done.  I understand Steve's concerns about zeroing out some of the tables during the vtune process, but I doubt you will see much difference with those two tables other than taking a little longer to generate acceptable data.

From the mouth of the experienced to the ears of the pupil; it shall be done.

mayor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »

make sure you post the ve screen print out from your next run.  It will be interesting to compare the two.   :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.