Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: 2014  (Read 17137 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2014
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »

All the speakers in the world won't help a Road King without a radio...  ::)

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »

Sure seems like they took a lot of content out of the CVO RK this year.  Lowers, iPod player, Amp, 4 speakers, Bag lids to accomodate speakers...How much is that all worth?  North of $2K?  They added the daymaker headlamp and the fork, motor and brake upgrades...not sure that's a wash....Don't think I'd swap my Anniversary CVO RK for the new one although I like the color schemes...

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »

THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »

Of all the hype and "improvements" that 2014 brought, the Road King fared the best of the lot. JMHO  I could see this bike in my future.   :drink:
Jesus is Lord

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FHTCUSE6 Blue
    • CVO2: FLHRSE5 AE
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »

Glad I got my 13 RK. The lowers and stereo were part of what makes the bike.
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »

The RK purists sure got what they want... a bare bones SE touring bike without all of the frilly add-ons. It looks nice, and will probably sell right out... in large measure because its only $28.5K.

Just looks rather plain next to the fully tricked-out '13 SERK.

However... I think they just RUINED the rear fender fascia with those FUGLY taillights! Good GRIEF! They should have left THAT as it was. Those vertical bars don't go with ANYTHING on the rest of the bike, and look like a last-minute amateurish styling gaffe...

Ken
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:39:25 PM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »

The RK purists sure got what they want... a bare bones SE touring bike without all of the frilly add-ons. It looks nice, and will probably sell right out... in large measure because its only $28.5K.

However... I think they just RUINED the rear fender fascia with those FUGLY taillights! Good GRIEF! They should have left THAT as it was. Those vertical bars don't go with ANYTHING on the rest of the bike, and look like a last-minute amateurish styling gaffe...

Kenhttp://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=87662.0;attach=245893;image

if I wasn't spoiled with my streetglide I would be getting this greeny I think its sharp wish it had lowers and speakers though.
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »

Ken

Ken, you are dead spot on ...On the lights...  I just talked to my Dealer who is at Denver, and he said lots of people there could not believe the damage they did to the backlights in terms of styling on the Road King  

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:06 AM »

Funny how a year changes how I think about things and feel about them.

In 13 I was torn between the Anniversary CVO road Glide and the Anniversary CVO road King.  I am a die hard Road glide fan.  The 13 was to be my local bike, and a hot rod with a built motor.  Friends and my wife were all like what do you need two CVO road glides for, get the King.  The sound system on the King was what helped me decide to go that way.

Don't get me wrong, I love my King and am very glad I chose it over the CVO Road Glide for 13.  However, after 7800 miles and 8 months my thoughts on the sound system sure have changed.  Its really a waist of money on the King.  Lid speakers cant be heard over 25 mph and they take up way to much saddle bag space.  Front speakers can barley be heard over 60 mph.  

So, I would not have got the king in 13 had it not had a sound system.  However, after riding one for the time I have, I love it.  It makes a great hot rod, very versatile.  However I would not want the sound system.

I think the 14 CVO King is a better value for the money, lower cost, bigger bags, no lowers to toast you in the summer.  Only two things I do not like about the 14 CVO King, the handle bars and the FUGLY tail lights.  

Love the idea of stiffer front forks.  Love the paint matched head light nacelle.  I like the One hand open bag lids.  I will have to wait to see the paint over all in person to make that judgement.  Should see the all up in Milwaukee next week.

Overall I think I like the 14 King better, but Keeping my 13 Anniversary for a very long time, its a great hot rod
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:34:29 AM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »

Funny how a year changes how I think about things and feel about them.

In 13 I was torn between the Anniversary CVO road Glide and the Anniversary CVO road King.  I am a die hard Road glide fan.  The 13 was to be my local bike, and a hot rod with a built motor.  Friends and my wife were all like what do you need two CVO road glides for, get the King.  The sound system on the King was what helped me decide to go that way.

Don't get me wrong, I love my King and am very glad I chose it over the CVO Road Glide for 13.  However, after 7800 miles and 8 months my thoughts on the sound system sure have changed.  Its really a waist of money on the King.  Lid speakers cant be heard over 25 mph and they take up way to much saddle bag space.  Front speakers can barley be heard over 60 mph.  

So, I would not have got the king in 13 had it not had a sound system.  However, after riding one for the time I have, I love it.  It makes a great hot rod, very versatile.  However I would not want the sound system.

I think the 14 CVO King is a better value for the money, lower cost, bigger bags, no lowers to toast you in the summer.  Only two things I do not like about the 14 CVO King, the handle bars and the FUGLY tail lights.  

Love the idea of stiffer front forks.  Love the paint matched head light nacelle.  I like the One hand open bag lids.  I will have to wait to see the paint over all in person to make that judgement.  Should see the all up in Milwaukee next week.

Overall I think I like the 14 King better, but Keeping my 13 Anniversary for a very long time, its a great hot rod

Thats to funny,  my 13 is my second CVO RK, 07 was my first.  I traded largely because of the stereo system and the lowers.  Last night we rode to dinner 50 minutes away listening to the stereo at 70mph.  We are a non helmet state, so dont know if that factors into your opinion but we can hear the stereo just fine.  We both comment that it is better than my RG with J&M system.  My GF loves the bag speakers.  I am so glad I grabbed a 13, I already got the LED lights installed and much prefer the 13, although I do love the green paint.  I also am not a fan of the painted black engine, just cant believe that will hold up and look good down the road.

lunker

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • CO

• CVO1: 2007 Road King - FLHRSE3 - Gone
    • CVO2: 2013 Road King Anny - FLHRSE4
    • CVO3: 2013 Convertible - FLSTSE3 (Wife's Ride)
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 12:04:26 PM »

Reminds me of the old saying "I may be drunk, but you are ugly and tomorrow morning I will be sober"  in other words - you can always remove the lowers on the 13 (as some have done) but to add them to a 14 would be a major PITA (if for some reason you wanted to)!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »

Thats to funny,  my 13 is my second CVO RK, 07 was my first.  I traded largely because of the stereo system and the lowers.  Last night we rode to dinner 50 minutes away listening to the stereo at 70mph.  We are a non helmet state, so dont know if that factors into your opinion but we can hear the stereo just fine.  We both comment that it is better than my RG with J&M system.  My GF loves the bag speakers.  I am so glad I grabbed a 13, I already got the LED lights installed and much prefer the 13, although I do love the green paint.  I also am not a fan of the painted black engine, just cant believe that will hold up and look good down the road.

I have been in both helmet and non helmet states, wear a beanie when the law makes me, or a 3/4 in winter.  My Stock sound system in my 12 CVO road glide blows the sound system in the 13 CVO King out of the water unless stopped or under 25 mph.  My issue is the wind noise drowns out the stereo on the King.  Use the same Ipod and play lists on both bikes.  Like most over 5'11" the wind splitter was not designed for us, I am 6'1".  If I duck 3 inches or more it sounds good.  I have never had a passenger on the CVO road glide, no back seat, no passenger pegs. I have rode my wife once on the King, about five miles.  I will ride her in the parade in Milwaukee for the 110th with our chapter flag.  After that trip the pegs and back seat will be gone from my King. 

Black engine looks fine on my CVO road Glide, its got 29000 miles on it.  Looks fine on the 13 King it has 7900 miles on it and will be over 11K mid sept.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

King2013

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 12:26:48 AM »

Ken

+1

and to think those will be the rear lights on the next cvo street glide and cvo road glide.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 10:46:50 AM »

+1

and to think those will be the rear lights on the next cvo street glide and cvo road glide.

Well, I will be KEEPING the Honey Badger for the duration... and neither of us give a CHIT about a new SESG. Now that Willie G. is gone, I don't expect to ever see another SESG... which is fine, because as you said they would probably screw it up with those awful taillights anyway.

BTW, has anyone noticed that you can buy a fully-loaded non-CVO Ultra Limited in the two-tone paint for LESS than the bare-bones '14 SERK? The SERK paint, 110 engine, Agitator wheels, etc. don't seem worth it to me. If I were in the market, this year, I'd go with the Amber Whiskey/Vivid Black Limited any day... you get a LOT more bang for the buck.

Or maybe I'm just not cool enough to see the attraction of the '14 SERK...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »

Well, I will be KEEPING the Honey Badger for the duration... and neither of us give a CHIT about a new SESG. Now that Willie G. is gone, I don't expect to ever see another SESG... which is fine, because as you said they would probably screw it up with those awful taillights anyway.

BTW, has anyone noticed that you can buy a fully-loaded non-CVO Ultra Limited in the two-tone paint for LESS than the bare-bones '14 SERK? The SERK paint, 110 engine, Agitator wheels, etc. don't seem worth it to me. If I were in the market, this year, I'd go with the Amber Whiskey/Vivid Black Limited any day... you get a LOT more bang for the buck.

Or maybe I'm just not cool enough to see the attraction of the '14 SERK...

Ken

I can not agree more, especially on the tail lights.. What the H were they thinking????  b]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 20 queries.