Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Andy's School of scatter graphs  (Read 25781 times)

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Andy's School of scatter graphs
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2013, 07:00:27 PM »

It starts to fuel starve on a first gear throttle stab when there is about 2.5 gal left in the tank.  It is just a lowly near stock 1200 Sporty with snappy throttle response.  I did find it the issue with scatter plots.  All you do is filter out all of the data from every gear except 1st and then look for the series of lean (red) dots on all of the typical dark blue dots.  Keep in mind that the o2s should be solid in blue in high voltage in any of this sort of thing.

Andy

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:38:10 PM by whittlebeast »

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »

A gross lean spot caused by fuel starvation should be obvious in any O2 data log.
Even Ray Charles would be able to see that on a standard line graph.
Unless you have some jumbo fuel tank on that sporty 2 1/2 gallons in the tank should be about 2/3rd full without a chance if fuel starvation except if the bike was somehow ridden upside down.

I would be looking in the fuel tank for whatever is responsible for this rare condition.
Bobi

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2013, 11:40:02 AM »

My stock tank is 4.5 gal.  It will starve any time you punch it in first gear if the fuel light is on. 

Andy

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »

My stock tank is 4.5 gal.  It will starve any time you punch it in first gear if the fuel light is on. 

Andy
Maybe on those tanks they put the fuel pick up at the front.
That would be a huge mistake IMO due to being prone to accel enleanment (starvation).
I know they put the fuel level indicator a the front and it will show lower level going uphill vs downhill where it will show higher level...
You definitely have an issue we have not run across....and we have a bunch of wheelie artists that ride around on the sporty's and dyna's with the front wheel pointing to the sky for minutes at a time (like across the bay bridge) without any starvation issues.
Bob
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 20 queries.