Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Don't criticize, but that was a low ball!!!!  (Read 7220 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Don't criticize, but that was a low ball!!!!
« on: August 26, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »

I have been thinking of going back to a FLHX for a while now.  I don't get out often, but when I do, I miss the music and bags.  SO......I went to see the 2014s at the dealer and test rode a FLHX Special and really liked it.  It stickered for $23K.  They know what I have and I said to see what it would take for a trade.  I was thinking even swap...maybe even exhaust thrown in.  The sales guy calls me back and say "Your bike and $4K!!!!!!!" Freekin' for real!?  I told him to tell his manager to chit in his hat then put it on!  So now I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the CVO Breakout and get on of these too......probably not gonna happen, but its good to have goals.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
Re: Don't criticize, but that was a low ball!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 04:57:37 PM »

That's ridiculous! I think the 2013 and older bikes will all take a big hit on trade value with the 2014 changes but that is a bit much IMO.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 05:00:50 PM »

I think the 2013 CVO Breakout is hold its value, especially because it seems the consensus is the 2013 paint schemes are more desirable.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »

Once the CVO Breakout is dropped after its two year run then prices will stabilise.  Sell it privately if you want to get the most coin for it. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

mrbhd

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2008 Flhtcuse3
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 05:48:16 PM »

On a related note, I was at my local Dealership on Saturday, speaking with the Owner.  He was already "laying the groundwork"  saying that the 2013's would take a "HUGE" hit due to the many(???) refinments available on the 2014.  And they wonder why they are referred to as "stealerships"?????  For mr,  I will continue to buy low mileage, well kept bikes from private parties.  Make much more sense to me!!!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »

I understand the 13 to 14 baggers, but not a limited production and sought after bike to a bagger......

mrbhd

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »

I absolutly agree with you.  However,  As for the "refinments????   Pretty much window dressing to me other than the water cooled heads.  And that functionality is a question mark in my book given the motor companys history.  But that is just my humble opinion......Indian and even Honda (FB6) are looking pretty good........

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 06:29:40 PM »

I'm skeptical about the cooling BS.  I overheard guys at the dealer saying there's gonna be problems because the the heads will cool to quickly and warp.....something to think about.  But for the FLHX Special, it's not liquid cooled....although I'm not to sure what the oil cooling does. 

DISTURBEDCUSTOM

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »

YEA IT A LOW BALL I JUST TOOK MY 2012  CVO ULTRA IN  FOR RADIO PROBLEM TOLD THEM I WANTED TO TRADE IT IN OFFERED ME 23000 I SAID WAS IT A JOKE

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 06:50:54 PM »

On a related note, I was at my local Dealership on Saturday, speaking with the Owner.  He was already "laying the groundwork"  saying that the 2013's would take a "HUGE" hit due to the many(???) refinments available on the 2014.  And they wonder why they are referred to as "stealerships"?????  For mr,  I will continue to buy low mileage, well kept bikes from private parties.  Make much more sense to me!!!

Makes sense ONLY if you are a wrench(which I am NOT), or you buy a used bike with a LOT of factory warranty left.

Me, I have to buy my bikes from HD dealers to get long factory warranties, but I have found that dealers get hungry too, and I have gotten a couple of very good deals in the past....er.....my 2013 CVO Breakout excepted   ;D
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

mrbhd

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »

I understand,  However, there are many low mileage bikes out there with transferable extended warrenties (long)  But, you have to search them out for sure!  As I said my humble opinion only, I understand everyone has their own needs and reasons for buying new.  I too have done it a few times in the past!!!

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49:51 PM »

I have been thinking of going back to a FLHX for a while now.  I don't get out often, but when I do, I miss the music and bags.  SO......I went to see the 2014s at the dealer and test rode a FLHX Special and really liked it.  It stickered for $23K.  They know what I have and I said to see what it would take for a trade.  I was thinking even swap...maybe even exhaust thrown in.  The sales guy calls me back and say "Your bike and $4K!!!!!!!" Freekin' for real!?  I told him to tell his manager to chit in his hat then put it on!  So now I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the CVO Breakout and get on of these too......probably not gonna happen, but its good to have goals.

That is retarded! I was looking at a 2013 at Fort Worth Harley and they were asking just over 20k.  Didn't talk trade, but considering that I've been to dealerships trying to sell FLHX for as much as 25k I didn't think that was bad.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »

I've got 2 dealers going back and forth....I said to both...the only way ill do it is for an even swap at minimum.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »

I've been kicking around the same idea as you. Love my Breakout and will probably keep it, but FLHX is definitely my next one. Definitely won't take something that low for it.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »

On a related note, I was at my local Dealership on Saturday, speaking with the Owner.  He was already "laying the groundwork"  saying that the 2013's would take a "HUGE" hit due to the many(???) refinments available on the 2014. 

Was that reflected in all the huge markdowns on the floor stock  :huepfenjump3:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.