Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 07 Hawg Wired With Detach TP - But First ???  (Read 10065 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 07 Hawg Wired With Detach TP - But First ???
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »

Actually I think with the '07 they don't have to remove the starter to remove the primary.  I remember something about that changing..
Now that you mention that I believe you're right. Isn't something about now it doesn't have a "jackshaft" (?) or something like that? I'm so used to helping the pre-07 guys spend their money "responsibly" that I stuck in a time warp. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 03:33:13 PM »

Now that you mention that I believe you're right. Isn't something about now it doesn't have a "jackshaft" (?) or something like that? I'm so used to helping the pre-07 guys spend their money "responsibly" that I stuck in a time warp. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Perhaps you need to go buy an '07 so you can help these folks out also.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »

Perhaps you need to go buy an '07 so you can help these folks out also.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 03:52:00 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »

And give up my [smiley=pumpkin.gif] (FYI - having two scooters for me would be like having two wives, one of them is going to suffer)? [smiley=nervous.gif] :o Besides I haven't completely finished all the things I want to do with it. It just wouldn't be right to sink all my hard earned money into a scooter knowing I'll never get it back in resale, and/or leaving work for someone else to do. :o ::) [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Well keepin the  [smiley=pumpkin.gif] would probably be best for ya then, specially if ya can't handle 2 wives. ;)

Rhino

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 11:21:23 AM »

So would anyone have a picture handy of the 07 tourpac removed to see what the mess looks like. I am curious if I stay with the stock setup, if there is a way to keep the amp and wiring intact and cover it.  Until I actually take it apart I will not begin to think about how to do alternatives, but I gotta have the bike first.  

Of course I will rely on the expertise here at all times forever, and when I get mine, perhaps I will contribute something valuable as I dream up some custom pieces and mods.

Oh yeah, If the tourpac is removed, I imagine that some radio finctions may not work, in addition to the antenna and rear speakers.  Anyone document that.

Let me know if I am being a pain, becasue I am working in the blind till I get my B & O, hopefully in the next two weeks I hopeee.   [smiley=soapbox.gif]

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 12:00:08 PM »

Well you'd have to make something to cover up the mess of wires and the amp itself, I'd imagine it could be done, but it would take alot of imagination and work.  Without the tourpak you'll have to relocate the antenna for the radio and the CB, no more rear speakers also, as I understand it most of the wiring will fit up under the seat.   That should be about it.....perhaps somebody thats done it will speak up with anything else.

Rhino

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 12:18:32 PM »

Thanks FT,

Maybe a picture of that mess would be good. Local dealer won't let me within 5 ft. of floor models, (oh yeh, for only $42,999 you can have one at Rossmeyers).

On the other hand, maybe I could find someone to assist on a Hawg Wired deal/install here in C. Florida when the time comes. Thats of course while I am trying to figure out what go-fast parts I need to add also...

Rhino

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 12:36:34 PM »

Rhino;
There really is not any place you could mount the HK amp except in one of the saddlebags. The harness may belong enough to reach. The harness is pretty big to try to get into there though. If you uplug or remove the amp the stereo will not work as the front and rear speakers are run through it. The antenna relocation kit will solve the radio portion but will not work for the CB.

If your handy at all with the tools I can walk you through the removal of the HK amp and overlay harness and the install of the Hawg-Wired kit.

Rhino

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 08:09:41 PM »

"If you uplug or remove the amp the stereo will not work as the front and rear speakers are run through it. The antenna relocation kit will solve the radio portion but will not work for the CB. "

Thanks HD-

At least your help figured that part out.  To run everything back to that fender amp is a bit strange to me. Especially when the head unit and everything else is up front cept a couple speakers and antennas. Oh well, more to tinker with if my ride ever shows up.  :-[
Rhino

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 08:44:41 PM »

Headed down this path with my '06 CUSE. Relocated the license plate and installed LED taillight and turn signals last weekend. That's a great upgrade for the CUSE. The Kury-Akyn LED's are great. Now I'm ready to detach the tour-pak and amp. Not real sure what I'll run into along the way but I plan to use a detachable docking system making use of the tour-pak optional. I'm also going to install a digital antenna under the fairing. Won't miss the CB - never have nor never will use it. I do want to maintain use of the front fairing speakers however and would like to be able to use passenger backrest speakers if and when I have a tour-pak on board. I'm a hardcore XM radio addict and need to make sure that element of the HK system functions fully. I'll try to post pics along the way.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.