Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: 2014 103 WaterHead  (Read 20038 times)

rider57

• Retired EPA
Re: 2014 103 WaterHead
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »

The DynoJet default scale for printing (that is used by most) is set at 0 - 20 AFR by DynoJet so things look much better than they really are. This is one of the many reasons I have to ask people what do they really think they are looking at. I've showed many dyno operators how to reset the scale on it and they cannot believe there eyes when we do it. Swings of +/- 1.0 AFR is very common when you change the scale to something that is useful from the DynoJet settings.
This is a commonly overlooked issue that most dont know about.
2007 FLTR, Wood 408G/B, Heads by Wes Brown

Hilly13

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »

I would be happy if that was my blue line  ;D

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: 2014 103 WaterHead
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »

What was the crank comp of that bike Steve?  I like the fan off and on adjustment.
What's the xmiss gear ratios?

DRAGO B W

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2013, 03:23:33 PM »

As always it was a pleasure talking with today Steve C. You are always a wealth of knowledge.
This what we got out of her so far with our 2;1 pipe Dragula But she only has 40 miles on her. I am waiting the customer to get at least 1000 so we can do some more playing. But I wish I had one of the TTS not the SE tuner we have. And thanks for clearing up some of the issues we are seeing I thought I was going crazy.......

Stock 2014
Stock air cleaner did not take it off
Dragula 2.55 baffle 3 step header
5th gear pull
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:44:08 PM by DRAGO B W »

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »

Well let's get everyone else up to speed. Frank was having issues when tuning and thought that he was doing something wrong. Sorry, but it's not what Frank was doing yet what HD has done. The 2014 new ECM and code that HD has done for the Touring and CVO models has problems! The code is not properly handling the HD-LAN messages. These problems have been reported by myself to the HD factory to people I still know there from when we did there work. We have completely documented the problems and have all the data captures to prove just what is going on. The problems can be created with the factory tools the dealership has (ie: Digital Tech) so it's not something we've done. I've spent the better part of three weeks chasing the problems only to find out that it is not being caused by what we are doing. To make a long story short when you hook up DT or the SESPT it will cause the security light to come on in the dash. This light coming on is a sign that the ECM is now screwing up the HD_LAN messages! These messages are how all the various modules on the bike talk to one another. So now there are going to be trouble codes stored as historic codes in the ECM and some of the other modules. What all is going wrong when this happens we do not know but what we do know is the the odometer no longer works correctly, the ABS brake system, the IPC and the BCM all report loss of signals! There are other things that go on as well but let's just say it was really causing us to think we must be doing something wrong.

After being able to create these exact problems with both the Digital Tech system and the new SESPT unit at the dealership with a stock bike we were somewhat relieved that it was not us but also knew that we have to do something with our product to try and stop the issues the best we can. While we cannot stop it 100%, we have been able to get rid of most of it but it does come at a cost in system performance. Once our Beta testing wraps up I will let everyone know what we did to get the product up and going but for know we are going to keep it to ourselves.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »

With my recordings that I did I noticed that the odo, ambient air temp, oil press did not update and I thought this was just a protocall thing but its weird the last one I did it didn't do this and everything updated and no codes poked up but it did record an 8 mile ride.

I could send you the recordings if you would like Steve.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »

are these problem also being reported with the power vision  products ?
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Re: 2014 103 WaterHead
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2013, 03:27:19 PM »

are these problem also being reported with the power vision  products ?

The guys at PV have already figured this out.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »

are these problem also being reported with the power vision  products ?

Since the PV just updated Oct. 1, with no map data base.  It might be too early to tell.  I do know I have heard of someone having trouble updating already though.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2013, 04:56:57 PM »

They have 4 maps so far on their website.  I seen that someone had an issue updating the software or firmware also but I know mine update both fine w/o any issues.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »

With my recordings that I did I noticed that the odo, ambient air temp, oil press did not update and I thought this was just a protocall thing but its weird the last one I did it didn't do this and everything updated and no codes poked up but it did record an 8 mile ride.

I could send you the recordings if you would like Steve.

Joe

You think all those things happening are acceptable, I donot! Maybe you need to dig a little deeper and really learn what's all going on as those things only scratch the surface of it all. As for you saying PV has it figured out that's great but there are other reports that's clearly NOT the case.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/electrical-ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection/617661-power-vision-information-thread-sticky-approved-by-admin-548.html

post #5478 and #5479 clearly spells out a different story than the one your trying to tell. Post $5489 from today kind of says it all!

"he is going to dynojet. working on the 2014 stuff and he did mention the new updates not working right. if anyone needs to go back till they get the bugs worked out he said to contact dynojet or fuelmoto and they can assist in getting the back flash done for you."

I do not think anyone has it ALL figured out completely but this has put us over 3 weeks behind to try and solve this. So far the reports from our Beta testers tell us everything is working fine but I'm not going to rush something out until its fully tested as it's just not worth it to me.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »

Working with the latest version of the TTS Mastertune Beta Software for the 2014s and having no issues.
VTune is incredably fast sampling at 40 hits per second cutting the time required and wear and tear on the bike substantially.
Here's the latest before and after dyno chart from our 2014 103 Water Cooled Limited.

Parts list
X Pipe. 2.0 recored OEM mufflers. S+S Stealth AC.
Both pulls 6th gear SAE.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2013, 08:57:44 PM »

Joe

You think all those things happening are acceptable, I donot! Maybe you need to dig a little deeper and really learn what's all going on as those things only scratch the surface of it all. As for you saying PV has it figured out that's great but there are other reports that's clearly NOT the case.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/electrical-ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection/617661-power-vision-information-thread-sticky-approved-by-admin-548.html

post #5478 and #5479 clearly spells out a different story than the one your trying to tell. Post $5489 from today kind of says it all!

"he is going to dynojet. working on the 2014 stuff and he did mention the new updates not working right. if anyone needs to go back till they get the bugs worked out he said to contact dynojet or fuelmoto and they can assist in getting the back flash done for you."

I do not think anyone has it ALL figured out completely but this has put us over 3 weeks behind to try and solve this. So far the reports from our Beta testers tell us everything is working fine but I'm not going to rush something out until its fully tested as it's just not worth it to me.

Wow Steve I was offering to add some recordings to help if you needed but that's cool.  Don't worry I won't offer again.  I never said that was acceptable but just an observation.  Hope you solve the issue great god of harley efi.

PS. What you posted from hdforum had nothing to do with 2014 touring bikes but good try.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »

Not a god by any means, just someone digging out issues, reporting them and trying to solve them. A little common sense is all it takes to work to learn and understand this stuff.

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »

....A little common sense is all it takes to work to learn and understand this stuff...
Yeah, and 30+ years EFI experience, 5+ years working directly with HD and others connected to the Delphi system, spends 24/7 working or thinking about how to improve his product, and most importantly a true gearhead and lifelong hotrodder!
It IS NOT JUST COMMON SENSE, STEVE! LOL
BOB
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 24 queries.