Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Any proud owners want to share pics/reviews?  (Read 56809 times)

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Ultra
Re: Any proud owners want to share pics/reviews?
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2013, 10:31:35 PM »

Ask and you shall receive....

1200 miles so far and it has a lot of goodies on it.  It will take my non-cyber mind a while to learn all of the things that come with the info center but man, it does all kinds of stuff  Ride and motor are prototypical HD (not that it is bad) and coming from a built up 103 the power on the 110 has surprised me.  Having never ridden a 110, I guess I didn't expect all of the power to be at lower rpm and have found that I do not like the 255 cams and all of the power being delivered below 3500rpm.  Gonna change the cams soon.  

Even with the cat, the heat coming off the bike does not seem close to my RGU 103.  I wanted to get rid of the cat anyway and I put the V&H Power Duals with Rinehart 4" mufflers.  That reduced the heat even more.  Once I get the S&S 570 cams installed and the thing tuned with the SEPST that should reduce the heat even more and make it run much better.

Yzernie, How do like the power dual/Rinehart combo? I am looking at the same combo, I had V&H power duals and monster rounds on my 2011, it had great sound but a little loud after 3 or 4 hours on the road.

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2013, 01:34:32 AM »

Same combo I had on my Road Glide Ultra.  Until it gets the cams and tune the sound is ok and the stereo is easily heard.  The cams and tune will make it a little louder.  The Rineharts have the stock 2.25" baffles in them and if it gets to loud after the work I'll get the 2" baffles.  Also seems to be a bit less wind noise on these because of the fairing vent.  Went by the shop today to get the Front Fork Air Baffle so the goatee wouldn't beat the hell outta my face at highway speeds but it will not fit on the 14 because of the way the brake lines are run.  Hope they will have one for it soon otherwise I'll be going through all of the wife's hair ties soon!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:40:22 AM by Yzernie »
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:31 AM »

Same combo I had on my Road Glide Ultra.  Until it gets the cams and tune the sound is ok and the stereo is easily heard.  The cams and tune will make it a little louder.  The Rineharts have the stock 2.25" baffles in them and if it gets to loud after the work I'll get the 2" baffles.  Also seems to be a bit less wind noise on these because of the fairing vent.  Went by the shop today to get the Front Fork Air Baffle so the goatee wouldn't beat the hell outta my face at highway speeds but it will not fit on the 14 because of the way the brake lines are run.  Hope they will have one for it soon otherwise I'll be going through all of the wife's hair ties soon!!!

Try Glide Air Deflector Systems for the fork baffle
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2013, 08:37:28 AM »

Overall the bike is awesome. It appears that the heat is a lot less on the rider now; however, here in Ohio it has not been hot in a long time to get a real test. Only have 180 miles on her and all appears to be great. I did a 100 MPH blast the other day and the bike fees more stable and planted to the ground than the  13-FLHTCUSE-8 I traded in. Wind turbulence appears to be great for the driver; however, my wife is complaining that she has more wind buffeting now. I did notice the new daymaker headlight does not have enough side light when in the twisties. Without the driving lights and / or with the high beam on you loose all of your side light when in corners. The light projects a very wide flat beam and it cuts off the sides of the road  when tipping into corners, I took the bike back to the dealer and they charged me $50 to reprogram the ECM to allow the driving lights to stay on with the high beams. This fixed the problem and I see great now. My only complaint is the radio.  I'm having an issue where we do not have enough volume to hear (Radio, CB, Intercom) in our helmets clearly at Highway speed. On the old bike, we had plenty of volume and some to spare to hear each other clearly in our headset's at any speed. Dealer claims this is normal and looking into the issue with the MOCO.

I tried to add pictures here and I kept getting an error message. Will try again.

I had an interesting conversation the other day with a 30+ year tech...  He informed me that "the intent of the twin-cooled engine was NOT to make the bikes run cooler.  In fact is was only meant to keep the new "high output" engines running at the same temp as the previous engine's temps".

They wanted more power with no more heat.  So I guess we can say - mission accomplished!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

tpcrawford

• Tim
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2013, 09:46:53 AM »

Tim,
How do you like the 2" Power Cores on your bike? I am kicking around the idea of going that route myself.

The 2" power cores are really nice.  Not loud unless you twist it hard.  Bike has a very deep bass tone.  It sounds really good.   At cruising speed, they quiet down nicely.   I still have the original headpipe on at this time.  That may change over the winter but, for now, I'm very happy with the bike,  ... only exception is the radio issue.

-Tim
2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited, Flame Blue, Vivid Black  --  SOLD
2007 VRSCAW VROD, Black Cherry Pearl  -- SOLD

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »

Well they did call it "project rush-more".....LOL
They should have called the 07's Rushed More :huepfenlol2:

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »

[/quote

Thanks for the info..

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2013, 12:51:57 PM »

The 2" power cores are really nice.  Not loud unless you twist it hard.  Bike has a very deep bass tone.  It sounds really good.   At cruising speed, they quiet down nicely.   I still have the original headpipe on at this time.  That may change over the winter but, for now, I'm very happy with the bike,  ... only exception is the radio issue.

-Tim

Sounds good, thank you for the info.

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »

-Tim

One more question Tim, did you leave in all the stock baffle material or did you remove half?

Thanks..

tpcrawford

• Tim
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »

One more question Tim, did you leave in all the stock baffle material or did you remove half?

Thanks..

I put all of the stock baffle material back in.   I highly recommend that you purchase the sleeves that Fullsac sells as well.  Pain in the butt to install however, once its in, the cores slip right in.  With the baffle sleeves, the baffle material really gets compressed against the outer wall of the cans.  I'm pretty sure that's what delivers the deep bass note.  The 2" was just right for me.   If you can tolerate a little more tone, they also have 2.25" cores available.   I have a Stainless Steel headpipe from FuelMoto that I removed from my 2010 FLHTK prior to trading it.  I plan on installing it over the winter.  I'm sure that will increase the volume slightly.

-Tim
2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited, Flame Blue, Vivid Black  --  SOLD
2007 VRSCAW VROD, Black Cherry Pearl  -- SOLD

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »

I put all of the stock baffle material back in.   I highly recommend that you purchase the sleeves that Fullsac sells as well.  Pain in the butt to install however, once its in, the cores slip right in.  With the baffle sleeves, the baffle material really gets compressed against the outer wall of the cans.  I'm pretty sure that's what delivers the deep bass note.  The 2" was just right for me.   If you can tolerate a little more tone, they also have 2.25" cores available.   I have a Stainless Steel headpipe from FuelMoto that I removed from my 2010 FLHTK prior to trading it.  I plan on installing it over the winter.  I'm sure that will increase the volume slightly.

-Tim

Thanks for the update, really appreciate the first hand information,  I think I am going to go the same route and then ride it awhile before I put another head pipe on and I will order the sleeves as well.

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2013, 10:38:05 PM »

She came in yesterday and I'll be picking her up on Friday... No major mods being done, I'm just having the 12V outlet   changed over to a lighter.

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2013, 11:19:44 PM »

She came in yesterday and I'll be picking her up on Friday... No major mods being done, I'm just having the 12V outlet   changed over to a lighter.

Beautiful bike!!! :drink: You must be very excited!  You'll probably walk out to your garage several times the first week or so, just to admire it! :2vrolijk_21: 
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2013, 11:37:46 PM »

Hi All:

More Pic.  I don't have a photo bucket, so multiple posts to show pics.

A couple James Beams and my cell phone camera.  Sorry for the poor lighting.....

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2013, 11:39:12 PM »

Hi All:

More Pic.  I don't have a photo bucket, so multiple posts to show pics.

A couple James Beams and my cell phone camera.  Sorry for the poor lighting.....

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.