Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: So I went in for some new cams, then the poop hit the fan.  (Read 14636 times)

Skipper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE-6
Re: So I went in for some new cams, then the poop hit the fan.
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »

Also installing a Glide Pro bushing system. What a difference in the part quality compared to the stock mounts. Nice precise fit with zero slop between the new axle and the rear bushings. So important as the rear swing arm is held in alignment by these bushings. This will get rid of the slight left pull that I have. Check. 

I follow your topic from beginning, this being my self involved in similar project (thanks to the Lifters). When I saw a Glide Pro among your list it attract my attention and I  said WTF and i bought one set.
I learned that Glide Pro system is very well working for pre 2009 baggers, jet i didn't find any testimony's for 2009-2013 bikes. Actually there is one negative on http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=88754.0
My question is where did you learn for any advantages for Glide Pro over the stock (for 2009-2013 bikes) ? I wrote to the Vendor asking them to address this question and also send them the above link.
Br,
Vlado
"F..@* the Rushmore's, I'm gonna keep my Babe"

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2013, 09:25:50 PM »

OK, first start after a long wait and build. Purring like a kitten!!  All that valve train noise is completely gone. Even after the brake in, and still with the non synthetic oil the engine sounds like a nice quiet 96. Love this, a great success. dinotuning on the 5th. We shall see if I get my 1200 hp in reverse while blind folded.  ;D

Check out the first start vid. Front fender is off during the build and kept off during brake in.

#action=share
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2013, 12:47:16 AM »

Nice vid!  :2vrolijk_21: Could you make one closer so we can see the cam chest through the clarity line cover ?  ::)

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »

who is doing the dynotune?

2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »

Dan at Dynotunes in Burlington. 289 337-4035   These guy's are the best around the GTA.

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »

Bruce and Dan are the ones that work on my bike.  I had the heads (JPrecision) done by Bruce and Dan this past winter.  I had them change the cam and lifters the prior winter as I was worried about the lifters failing in the future.  So glad I did this considering the amount of lifter failures in the 110 that have caused a lot of damage

2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »

If you want to check out a different shoppe, I deal with Aviation Motorcycle Company. One block east of Cauthra on Lake Shore. Very good shop that specializes in HD and Raphael is a awesome builder. Closer to the GTA as well.   

I used Jprecision as well, twice now. Will see what numbers I get tomorrow.  What numbers dod you get on your scoot at the Dyno?

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2013, 09:00:15 PM »

my dyno was 105hp/115tq (SAE 5 smothing).  I think they have a very honest dyno.  Stage 2b heads done by JPrecision.  I have a V&H true dual exhaust that is probably costing me a little and my compression is about 10:1.  I have a Woods 777 cam.  Higher compression and X-pipe would have probably gotten me another 5-10.  Bike runs great.

They did about 400 miles on the dyno to break it in and then gave me a rich tune for me to further break it in.  Once I was over 800 miles I brought it back to them for a final tune.  Bike runs great

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »

Back from the dyno today, and the bike made 108 HP and 118 fpt.  This dyno is very conservative, even according to the operator. I wonder how much more gain I will get if I go with a 2 into 1 header? and maybe a 58 mm tb and some injectors. Have a set of true duals Rinehart's right now.  Bike runs very strong, and berries the speedo needle in a flash. No cam gear whine at all. and the valve train noise is very mild at best. Bike is so fast now, I feel like I need stronger brakes. Those cars come up very fast!!

The Glide Pro is awesome. No more of that "left hand weave" when you take off from a stop. No more puling to the left when you take your hands off the bars on the highway. I can really feel the improvement with the glide pro. Nice purchase there.

The oil temp did not get above 230 on the hot steamy dyno. I kept checking the dip stick gauge. The head temp did not get higher then 190. ( Bruce, the dyno man can some how tell the head temp from his computer? )   The fans on the Ultra Cool never needed to come on. So the new oil cooler and the larger Baker oil pan seem to be doing there job nicely to. Another good buy.

Over all I am very pleased with the results, will probably dyno it again next summer once it has some more miles on it and with synthetic oil. Maybe will produce a few more number everywhere.  Will post the dyno sheet tomorrow. Cheers.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2013, 08:53:49 AM »

Hey look, it made 120 hp and 125 fpt!!!  For a fraction of a second!!! Hey, does that count? Do I have bragging rights here?

120 HP   125  FPT

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:57:49 AM by CVO2FIXUP »

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »

Here is that pesky smoothed out version. What do you guy's think of the real numbers? Is the build doing what is should, or am I missing something. Will probably change to the V&H Stainless Pro Pipe next summer. And maybe a 58 mm TB with some injectors. Wonder what will happen with the numbers then?

108 HP   117 FPT   :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:59:04 AM by CVO2FIXUP »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.