Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Reinstalling PV stk. file  (Read 11559 times)

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2013, 08:18:40 AM »

I have been doing this for a little over six years not one, my career did not start once I got on the forums.  It doesn't matter if I tune 1 bike a month or 30 if the knowledge and experience is there its there.  I guess I didn't see a problem, the ecm was reading the o2 sensors and closed loop was working.  What other mysterious issues did you see?  If I get a chance I will run the bike down the road but I do have a life so it may not happen today or tomorow.  I may just put my STK file back in and record it and post it.  Steve I don't know how to say this any more plain but I can't ignore anything if nothing is there.  I haven't seen any issues and none of the people that I know have seen issues hardtail has not even seen any issues but I guess it is appropriate that the competitor would find flaws =kinda fishy.
Back to the OP make sure if you are gonna restore your calibration that you had when you got the PV make sure it has a .STK at the end of the name of the file and if it says PVAT then that is not a stock file.  And if you have any issues with your PV contact dynojet or fuel moto from the get go and not just run to a competitor for help.

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »

I have purchased both and like both products, with that said......WOW.....a very disturbing participant in these threads.   :no:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:46:25 PM by brwk »

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2013, 09:18:51 AM »

One other thing.  My ECM was just replaced under warranty.  Used the PV to restore the stock tune, ECM was swapped out, no fuss, no muss.  My VIN isn't flagged, my warranty is intact.  My experience at the dealer with the DT mirrors Joe's experience - the restored ECM showed that it was absolutely stock.

The best you've had is the best you know.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2013, 05:44:08 PM »

One other thing.  My ECM was just replaced under warranty.  Used the PV to restore the stock tune, ECM was swapped out, no fuss, no muss.  My VIN isn't flagged, my warranty is intact.  My experience at the dealer with the DT mirrors Joe's experience - the restored ECM showed that it was absolutely stock.

Interesting.  What was wrong with the ECM that it needed to be replaced.  IME when they do replace them.  They are a brick.  No loading original anything.  Never seen HD replace one that could be communicated with.  But I certainly haven't seen it all.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »

Interesting.  What was wrong with the ECM that it needed to be replaced.  IME when they do replace them.  They are a brick.  No loading original anything.  Never seen HD replace one that could be communicated with.  But I certainly haven't seen it all.
It stopped communicating with the O2 sensors.   Best I can figure is that I fried it riding through TS Andrea.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2013, 08:22:12 PM »

It stopped communicating with the O2 sensors.   Best I can figure is that I fried it riding through TS Andrea.

:-\

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2013, 08:29:08 PM »

;D

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »

:-\
Not sure what else you're looking for.  After the storm, the bike started throwing O2 codes and wouldn't go into closed-loop.  After a month of dicking around, the dealer finally tried swapping in another ECM and the codes went away.  I was having cascading electrical issues as well; everything seemed to go away and work once the ECM was replaced.

To give you an idea of how wet the bike got, I changed out the headlight for a Phase 7 2 weeks later.  Water poured out of the fairing when I removed the stock headlamp.  I guess they're not designed to be run at 70mph for 6 hours when it's raining 3-4 inches an hour.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »

I'm not looking for anything. Just wondering what your problem was. I have heard about PV having problems with O2 communication twice on this forum.  I think this thread was started to clear the air.  It has not for me, and now down at the end of it. You say your ECM programmed with a vision has a problem with this same thing.   The emoticon I used was "undecided".  Water and electricity don't mix.  Could be the water, but it doesn't clear the air for me with the vision. There isn't a smoking gun to say why yours failed.  So that leaves me undecided about this topic.

I don't know all what was done to your bike as for as trouble shooting the ECM.  I am surprised a dealer warrantied your ECM, but that's great for you.  Hope you have trouble free miles from here on.

This tuner is the newest as far as flash tuners. Time will tell what is going on.  We need more data. Until then. I will stay undecided and see what's happens.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »

The PV didn't kill the ECM, and the new ECM and PV are working great together (think Page & Plant).  I know this won't convince you of anything, but after speaking with Fuelmoto, Dynojet, and a handful of people who make their living fixing and tuning Harleys, the consensus is that there's no way a flash tuner could cause the issue.  Occam's Razor leaves us with the water infiltration.

I started threads here and elsewhere about the issue, so that leaves you with one thread where someone was having an issue with his PV.  If that means more to you than the thousands of posts from satisfied users, then that's your business. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.