Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Help... Domestic Side Number Plate  (Read 10370 times)

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
Help... Domestic Side Number Plate
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:26:34 AM »

Hey Guys,

After looking at the aftermarket side number plate bracket I've decided on using the OEM version.  So I have Bracket OEM #67900145.  Now can one of you guys tell me if the spacer between your LED turn signal and your Side plate bracket is the same size as the RHS spacer.

I have a feeling it is smaller. If so can someone tell me the part number as my Local Dealer can't seem to find it.

Cheers
Brett
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Help... Domestic Side Number Plate
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:18:35 AM »

I know that it is smaller.  You should do a swing arm mounted plate...the OEM one ruins the flow and lines of the bike!

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »

Part number: 67800224 replaces the combo license plate/turn signal stem(standoff).

24v

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »

He doesn't want to remove the license plate holder, he wants to add it.  He needs the part number for the short one on the left side of the bike,

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 09:14:23 PM »

:oops:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »

See if the attachment shows what you are seeking.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »

Thanks Jerry.  :2vrolijk_09:
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

jontaylor

• Fatbob cvo breakout cvo
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 02:55:56 AM »

took over a month for the dealer to get the shorter arm for mine, unfortunately even this is illegal in victoria, but less frowned upon than mounting it to the swing arm or vertically

gaturg

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »

Hey CamCVO,

If you don't mind, what is the part number for the vertical mount license plate frame? Been looking for something similar for my breakout but have been a challenge to find.

Thanks
Allen

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »

Here you go:

9251 - Kuryakyn Lighted Curved Vertical Side 4 x 7 Mount Plate 9251

3188 - (for FXSBSE) Kuryakyn Mount Clamp For Side Mounted License Plate Holders For Harley-Davidson Rocker/Springer Softails

You need both parts. You may need a different clamp if the swing arm is round vs oval (like it is on the breakout).

Cam

gaturg

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 01:30:20 PM »

Thanks Cam,

I appreciate the help. Was it much of a challenge to run the wire to the license plate frame or did you not reconnect it? Missouri requires the plate to have a light, just curious.

Thanks again for the part numbers.

Allen

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »

No problem. I actually added a delphi connector to the frame and connected it to the same female delphi used by HD for the stock LP mount the toughest part was finding the delphi connector! Here's what you need:

DTM06-3S-E004 Plug Assembly Stamped Sockets, Nickel, 16-22 AWG

I ordered it from battsracing and it's about 5 bucks. It makes the whole thing look stock under the seat connection-wise.

So mine is lighted and since I put the LED side outside facing the wheel, it kinda lights up the wheel at night for that added sparkle! I ran the wire along the swing arm using zip ties. Pic below.

gaturg

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »

Thanks again Cam,

I've done little stuff to mine, like new derby and timer cover, daybreaker headlight, chrome bolts, and switch caps. Relocating the license plate and new custom seat are the last changes for now. And yes, have different pipes..lol.....I really appreciate the help. I've asked around about mods to the breakout but the dealers don't have many answers since they are still getting to know the bike as well. plus most have never seen the cvo breakout or heard of it in this area.

Thanks
Allen

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »

:jack: That's why us BO folks need to stick together! Not much support from HD or the vendors when it comes to answers. When I bought the bike I had not done anything involving a wrench in a long, long, long time. But now for me at least messin' with the bike is almost as much fun as riding it. And the what and how can be found here. I have done all the mods on my bike myself, except for the pipes, and loved every minute of it. So far, the swing arm license place mount, Daybreaker, chrome switches, led's all around, heel rests, air cooler fans, oil cooler, mirrors, garage door opener, changing out the rear reflector to be running/brake light, and shotgun shock. Can's find a single seat I like yet, so the wait goes on. Working on the ape hangers, chrome brake calipers, and that should be it for me! ;)
 :jack:

gaturg

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »

Been looking for a different backrest other than the one HD offers but looks like I will have to have it made. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, however, I can't keep my girlfriend off of it. How do you like the oil cooler? I thought about getting the premium I'll cooler but didn't know how it looks or if It will fit behind a full chin spoiler. Thanks for part numbers, they come in on Tues as well as new slotted mirrors. Like you, I've done all the  change to my bike except pipes. Chrome break calipers are Christmas to myself this year... Lol.... for seats I've seen Alagotor Bob's work and it's nice work. Met a guy at bike night that had him make a seat. Do you know of anyone who makes a plain chrome adhesive medallion. I was wanting to have engraving done On the medallion and put on the left side of the primary.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.