Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2104 FLHTKSE SECURITY PIN CHANGE  (Read 14011 times)

KE8LW

• 2014 FLHTKSE
2104 FLHTKSE SECURITY PIN CHANGE
« on: September 21, 2013, 06:18:12 AM »

Like a lot of others my owners manual for the FLHTKSE is missing and still waiting for it.  I would like to get some instructions on how to change the security pin.  Just slightly uncomfortable having the basic 1111 factory setting.
2014 FLHTKSE - 110" 96HP / 112 TQ
2008 FLHTCU - 121 HP / 127 TQ 120R
1999 FLHTCUI - 88" slight cam
2004 FXDLI - 88" Bone Stock :(

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 2104 FLHTKSE SECURITY PIN CHANGE
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »

Newer owners manuals are available online - Harley-Davidson Owners Manual. If you don't already have an account you can create one and view the manual (that is if it has been uploaded to the MoCo site).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 05:13:40 PM »

the online owner's manuals haven't been updated yet.

if the procedure has not changed with the new 'infotainment' system, then what you'll need to do:

with a fob present, turn the ignition- on, off, then back on
press left turn signal 3 times
press right turn signal once

current pin should display

cycle through the digits with the left turn signal button (zero is not available)
enter your choice with the right turn signal button

once all digits entered, just turn ignition off
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

KE8LW

• 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »

:oops: well I appreciate the help so far but .............  like you say the new manuals are not loaded yet.  Also next thing is I don't have a normal ignition switch like on the old models.  The on off is the switch on the handle bar and I did try that but didn't have any luck.  Have you done this on a '14?  I may still be doing it wrong but I was unable to see the PIN let alone change it, even though I did cycle the handle bar switch on / off / on then hit left turn 3 and right turn 1 ... the display never changed.  HELP Still!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »

The 2014 Touring models have the HDLAN (CAN bus) electrical system similar to the recent Softails.  If no one has the info for a 2014 Touring model, perhaps the procedure for a HDLAN equipped Softail would do the trick.  Or you could of course call your dealer and see if they have a clue.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

KE8LW

• 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »

Funny Story on the ask dealer....I went in asked them how to set PIN, service advisor says " being a 14 you should refer to your manual"  I said I don't have a manual yet!  I think he thought I was pulling his leg.  But anyways he tried setting it but didn't get it.  I should have prolly just demanded a Mechanic instead of the advisor.  But anyways, I really think this is going to be basic when I get this figured out.  Worse case manual comes in by end of next week. I was just hoping, someone has actually done this procedure already.  Thanks for the help..I will look into the Softtail.

KE8LW

• 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »

:oops: well I appreciate the help so far but .............  like you say the new manuals are not loaded yet.  Also next thing is I don't have a normal ignition switch like on the old models.  The on off is the switch on the handle bar and I did try that but didn't have any luck.  Have you done this on a '14?  I may still be doing it wrong but I was unable to see the PIN let alone change it, even though I did cycle the handle bar switch on / off / on then hit left turn 3 and right turn 1 ... the display never changed.  HELP Still!!

DONE - Thank YOU!!!  One thing that was slightly different is I actually turned ignition on when I had FOB present.  Then took the FOB out of range, with ignition still on.  Then I cycled the ignition Off / on / off / on and hit the blinkers as you said and bingo I was in.  I now have a unique code!  Thanks all for the help!!  Whew who.....We win this round with HD....

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »

DONE - Thank YOU!!!  One thing that was slightly different is I actually turned ignition on when I had FOB present.  Then took the FOB out of range, with ignition still on.  Then I cycled the ignition Off / on / off / on and hit the blinkers as you said and bingo I was in.  I now have a unique code!  Thanks all for the help!!  Whew who.....We win this round with HD....

I want you to know how much you helped me. I was setting up my 2014 FLHTK security pin and could not get the thing to work. I read your post and realized my problem was the darn FOB. I even had the manual; it does not tell you that your FOB must be out of range, your post set me straight. Thank you

Scott

KE8LW

• 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »

Your very welcome Scott!!  It was a pain and I was just nervous having new bike no mileage and anyone at a dealer knows how to work the pin.  I'm glad to help!!  I stumbled on it after the other posts... Ride safe my friend ...

Mime.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 06:12:01 PM »

I want you to know how much you helped me. I was setting up my 2014 FLHTK security pin and could not get the thing to work. I read your post and realized my problem was the darn FOB. I even had the manual; it does not tell you that your FOB must be out of range, your post set me straight. Thank you

Scott

i really would like to see the manual and what it says the procedure is on this.  it doesn't make any sense to do it with the fob out of range.  if so, what would stop me from coming up to your bike, without a fob, change the pin, and then use the manual override to ride off with it?

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 08:04:24 PM »

i really would like to see the manual and what it says the procedure is on this.  it doesn't make any sense to do it with the fob out of range.  if so, what would stop me from coming up to your bike, without a fob, change the pin, and then use the manual override to ride off with it?

I copied the instructions in the manual and the instructions on the wallet card included in the manual towards the back. The funny thing to me is they say something different? am I missing something?

Attachment 1 is the wallet card, I will make two more post to show what is in the heart of the manual 

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »

Here is the first of two pages in the manual going over the PIN change

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 08:07:12 PM »

This is the second page from the manual:
RE: Pin Security change

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »

scottt,

your post showing the wallet card is the procedure for entering the pin to override the security, not to change it.

your scan showing the procedure to change the pin, clearly states 'with assigned fob present', so if you are able to change the pin without the fob present, then there is definitely something wrong.  if so, then like i mentioned earlier, i could easily steal your bike simply by changing the code.

i notice that to change, you don't need to press the left turn  signal 3 times, only 2 now.

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »

Hi All:

Thanks to everyone in this thread.  I too didn't get a manual.  I thought the dealer was giving me a line about it not shipping w/ the bike.  I figured someone at the dealership scarfed it up to do some at home study  :P

Anyway, I can't wait to get home and try this out.  I don't think either of by remotes are paired and that may be a whole different problem.

The lock / unlock doesn't work.  I have to use the console to lock the forks / bags / tp.  Any advice / comments there  are most welcome!

Another thing.  Can you kill the engine without turning everything off?  I would like to stop bike, kill engine, lock.  As it is, to kill the engine I have to turn off the HB switch and then turn it back on to use the lock switch on the console (fob doesn't work).

Again help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.