Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 12 ultra acting weird need advice  (Read 6292 times)

FLTR2008TRIKE

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 12 ultra acting weird need advice
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »

Once the PC is installed the damage has been done  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLUG AND UN PLUG SEVERAL TIMES  TO DAMAGE PINS.. First plug in the damage is done. Many have had to re pin or replace the entire harness due to this issue.  And there never seems to be a common thread the issues are all over the place from a misfire to engine stopping at high rpm, codes you name it.

Had a bike on the dyno that would break up and shut down at 5500, if I stood next tot he bike it would break up but at a higher RPM like 5800-5900 if I leaned my leg into the baggage bar it would go almost to 6200 before it did it .. Vibration was the key that time, customer was able to ride the bike for a month or so before it really started to have another issue. Replace pins and problem solved. Loose connection is worse than a open..

Customers that we tune for we ask about the PC question ever time and tell them issue's that can come up from the damage.

Steve, does this go for all PC models that plug into the ECM and most years they work on?? 
S&S 124" Head porting and custom designed cams by John @ http://www.jwperf.com/. 10.5 static / 9.41 corrected. Modified V&H Powerdual headpipe with CVO 4" cans and Fullsac 2.25 baffles

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
Re: 12 ultra acting weird need advice
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 06:05:19 AM »

Just an update on this.  GMR was right.  We figured out that the PC 5 pins were twisting and losing contact.  Had a SE tuner put on it ( made sure they fixed the problem pin and after 1000 miles no problems.  Had it dyno'd at time as well.  But sure did go the long $ way around to figure it out. 
Thanks for advice.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.