Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ghost Pipe Installed!  (Read 6950 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: Ghost Pipe Installed!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »

Looks good. Is the 2 into 1 the V&H pro pipe?

What does the bike sound like?
Did you notice an improvement in performance?

I have a 2012 CVO Street Glide and thinking of a 2 into 1 system.

Thanks Nick

Pipes are D&D Fatcats with performance baffle which means they are loud, but baffle selection was based on dyno results and these baffles produced the best hp and torque numbers in the rpm range I ride in.

The D&D Fatcat has an excellent reputation for producing power and torque where you want it.  However, the new 2:1:2 systems are pretty good too.  If I had a new bike, I think I'd go with cat less head pipes and baffle inserts for the stock cans.  Full sac is a reputable supplier of such parts.  Good luck with your selection.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 01:25:16 PM »

Pipes are D&D Fatcats with performance baffle which means they are loud, but baffle selection was based on dyno results and these baffles produced the best hp and torque numbers in the rpm range I ride in.

The D&D Fatcat has an excellent reputation for producing power and torque where you want it.  However, the new 2:1:2 systems are pretty good too.  If I had a new bike, I think I'd go with cat less head pipes and baffle inserts for the stock cans.  Full sac is a reputable supplier of such parts.  Good luck with your selection.

I agree the Fullsac 2-1-2 pipes are excellent performers... I had them on the Honey Badger for about 9 months before I decided to go with the Drago's 2-1, and many of my friends run the Fullsac system. But in my mind, nothing beats a 2-1 system for total performance. I found that my Drago's 2-1 needed longer-duration cams than the Andrews 54H cams that performed so well with the Fullsac system. But longer-duration cams tend to move the torque curve to the right, which people who like a lot of low-RPM torque don't like.

Also, 2-1 pipes are more difficult to tune with, because they have an inherent dip in the VE tables that I call "the lake" since it shows up in blue in the VE table charts in MasterTune. My dip is most pronounced around 2000 RPM to about 2750 RPM, in the 40-60 kPa range. We encountered it when tuning the HB, and it's even shown in the TTS tuning guide. Mr. Wizard was able to bring it up some with EGR manipulation and who-knows-what else he did. He won't let me talk to him while he's doing his "wizard" thing! New timing tables from the TTS cal for a "race pipe" and SE 260 cams (can't remember the cal number) helped a bunch too, and transformed "the lake" into more of "the swamp"... not quite so blue!

I can't wait for the new TTS Timing Assist support to become available, so we can get the timing tables dialed in even better.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »

I agree the Fullsac 2-1-2 pipes are excellent performers... I had them on the Honey Badger for about 9 months before I decided to go with the Drago's 2-1, and many of my friends run the Fullsac system. But in my mind, nothing beats a 2-1 system for total performance. I found that my Drago's 2-1 needed longer-duration cams than the Andrews 54H cams that performed so well with the Fullsac system. But longer-duration cams tend to move the torque curve to the right, which people who like a lot of low-RPM torque don't like.

Also, 2-1 pipes are more difficult to tune with, because they have an inherent dip in the VE tables that I call "the lake" since it shows up in blue in the VE table charts in MasterTune. My dip is most pronounced around 2000 RPM to about 2750 RPM, in the 40-60 kPa range. We encountered it when tuning the HB, and it's even shown in the TTS tuning guide. Mr. Wizard was able to bring it up some with EGR manipulation and who-knows-what else he did. He won't let me talk to him while he's doing his "wizard" thing! New timing tables from the TTS cal for a "race pipe" and SE 260 cams (can't remember the cal number) helped a bunch too, and transformed "the lake" into more of "the swamp"... not quite so blue!

I can't wait for the new TTS Timing Assist support to become available, so we can get the timing tables dialed in even better.

Ken
I like your 'explanation, Ken.  :2vrolijk_21: You've got a knack for teaching.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »

I like your 'explanation, Ken.  :2vrolijk_21: You've got a knack for teaching.  spyder

Thanks, Spydy! I'm certainly no expert, but I have had some good teachers and have tried to learn from them. I like to develop an understanding of the theory of how machines work.

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »

Spyd

At MV 2014 I will have a larger tent so Ken can park under there next to my bike.
I figure if I can keep him close I can help keep HB clean.
Honey Badger may not give a chit but if it's parking next to one of mine she will be clean.
Ken may have a knack for teaching but the HB parked next to mine will learn a little about,
"What can shine, will shine!

;)

SBB

I do have pictures of HB dirty, don't make me post them.

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »

Yeah, he's got ole Honey B lookin' good.. :-*..got to keep her clean now.  :smilie_eimer: :bath: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »

Spyd

At MV 2014 I will have a larger tent so Ken can park under there next to my bike.
Honey Badger may not give a chit but if it's parking next to one of mine she will be clean.
Ken may have a knack for teaching but the HB parked next to mine will learn a little about,

;)

SBB

:jack:

OFFER ACCEPTED, CHIP!

If I can EVER get Honey Badger HALF as clean as you keep your Beautiful Blues, I will be doing quite well indeed!

Ken

P.S. - She's pretty clean right now... back in Georgia in the Badger Den garage. I have ridden a grand total of ONCE since Maggie Valley.  :'(  I flew back out to Seattle this evening and just got to my apartment. Will be out here for two weeks, heading home on Nov 1 for the weekend. This "two weeks out, back home every other weekend" crap will keep up likely til the end of the year. Ugggggh...  :(

The Wizard's Tune

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »

Looks AWESOME, Pete! Welcome to the Fake Pipe Club! Baggers just don't look right to me with just one pipe:2vrolijk_21:

Ken

Agreed - it would be like a bagger only having one bag...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 05:30:48 PM »

Agreed - it would be like a bagger only having one bag...
Or a V-Twin missing a cylinder.  ::) spyder

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »

Spyd

;)

SBB

CHIP, YOU PROMISED ME THE TENT SO YOU CAN KEEP MINE CLEAN!!!
Taz
The "TAZMUN"

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »

CHIP, YOU PROMISED ME THE TENT SO YOU CAN KEEP MINE CLEAN!!!
Taz

Hey Buddy, no problem.
There will be a tent for you and Mike!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Tiltmaster

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »

Have the same set up and love it....
2012 metallic maple CVO Road Glide Custom. Lowered front and rear with progressive suspension. Meat eater handle bars, TR-600 cam with adjustable push rods, D&D fat cat 2n1 exhaust with ghost pipe, SERT, Roland sands air cleaner, Daymaker headlights. 104 hp 122ft/lbs tq.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.