Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: That's a bridge  (Read 8939 times)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: That's a bridge
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2006, 04:02:55 PM »

Hello friends !

Many steam in the heads ! :P

[highlight]"B B, I PM'd d00d about moving this to the CVO Events site with a title "Tentative Euro CVO GTG" [/highlight]
I think that it's the first step. Yours remarks are necessary for build the first lines of the proposal.

Less than 15 days is not realistic. 3 weeks are reasonable. More it's possible but I think that it's necessary to have a travel agent for manage that and it'll be more expensive.

[highlight]Hell, I'd love to start in the UK, hop a huge ferry and up at the Dardanelles with wine country, Brussels, a crossing of the Alps, Bavaria, old Prague, Budapest, Timisoara to see where Father Tokes started the chase of Ceacescu and Sophia all in between. [/highlight]

Sure, it's possible to arrive on West Cost ( Great Britain) an to ride through the Europe to The Black See and go back. What you wish ? Many kilometers without visits and
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2006, 04:06:30 PM »

Jacques. thanks for the input.

I believe we can find the rentals and maybe some will ship.  This thing is taking on a life of its own.

I am contacting a friend that has a relationship with an agent that arranges these type rides.  More details when available.

Rog

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2006, 06:29:12 PM »

I think it might help us focus a little if we were to pick an event that we could all attend.

That way, those that want to take 3 weeks can do some riding before and after

Those that take 2 weeks or only a week would just need to ride according to time available

Those that want to ride-ride-ride can do that (nothing wrong with that)

Those that want to visit specific places, photograph landmarks and get souvenirs can do that (it's OK too)

But the key thing is we would all meet at the event

I'd like to suggest Bike Week 2008 in Austria.

It's held in September, it's free to get in (big plus) and it's sponsored by HD

It's in beautiful countryside, amongst the mountains in Corinthia in Austria - there's easy access to Slovenia and Italy on the south side with Germany and France (and the rest of Europe) on the north.

There's plenty of hotels available but it would be a good idea to begin to make tentative reservations soon - we can always cancel if we overbook

So - do your research - check it out on line - see what you think and we can take it from there

Jacques and I will gladly give you a list of good biking roads and places of interest that are off the beaten track for those that want that

Any Travel Agent will give you a list of the regular "must-see" places

We should be able to suggest some small hotels (especially in France) out on the road that will take good care of you (Logis de France?)

We can probably even advise which dealers are worth a visit (for essentials like T shirts etc) and which are not

Does that sound like a plan?

Cheers

Dave
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 06:30:18 PM by UK_Dave »
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2006, 06:42:47 PM »

i would always trust the local orginizers, to pick the best time of year and location. i would ony say that we have tried to avoid using another event as a means to have a gathering.

i have never been to europe, and i'm really looking forward to this if it can be done, but based on previous gatherings i think they are more fun when its just CVO site members and not thousands of extra bikes getting in the way

just one guys opinion
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2006, 07:42:26 PM »

i would always trust the local orginizers, to pick the best time of year and location. i would ony say that we have tried to avoid using another event as a means to have a gathering.

i have never been to europe, and i'm really looking forward to this if it can be done, but [highlight]based on previous gatherings i think they are more fun when its just CVO site members and not thousands of extra bikes getting in the way[/highlight]just one guys opinion

Couldn't agree more Neil. I do not want to be part of some European extravaganza. Dave and Jorge set something up for themselves and the rest have crashed the party. I would say those two guys get to decide what it is they had planned and the rest of us can do our own thing if that's the way it ends up. The idea of meeting a few of our members from the other side of the ocean and traveling around Europe with a small group of folks from this site is what got me going on the whole thing. I'll pass if it ends up being Bike Week in Europe. No offense to you intended Dave or mi amigo Jorge.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:22:03 PM by SPIDERMAN »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2006, 09:29:27 PM »

Couldn't agree more Neil. I do not want to be part of some European extravaganza. Dave and Jorge set something up for themselves and the rest have crashed the party. [highlight]I would say those two guys get to decide what it is they had planned [/highlight]and the rest of us can do our own thing if that's the way it ends up. The idea of meeting a few of our members from the other side of the ocean and traveling around Europe with a small group of folks from this site is what got me going on the whole thing. I'll pass if it ends up being Bike Week in Europe. No offense to you intended Dave or mi amigo Jorge.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:38:34 PM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2006, 09:32:17 PM »

[highlight]Jorge, you can add me in their with question marks too[/highlight].
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:35:31 PM by jegomez »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2006, 09:54:24 PM »

Mi amigo Big B...I think in the same way than you...First, I hadn't planned anything with Dave...I haven't set anything....I believe the idea was born when Roger posted the bridge pics......I always thought to be part of the group of CVO from this site........and not going by myself or only with Dave [smiley=oops.gif]..........

Jorge

P.D. I don't have experience in the arrangement of this type of rides. I have been once in Europe and was long time ago (20 years) but I am willing to help to organize this......

No worries, we are all just throwing out ideas.  I think it is clear we would want the trip to be CVO members from this site and our own deal.

As we continue to toss these things around we will hopefully get some info from our brother members across the ocean and from folks who have made the trek in the past.  

Jorge, you and Dave will have plenty of help if you need it.  We can make this thing work, I know it.  It will take lots of planning and patience but it can happen if we want it to.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2006, 10:00:48 PM »

Talk about a head of steam, when in Germany (only country with unlimited speed limit left) assuming that many shipped, open those puppies up and see what they'll do without concern of the aforementioned 80 mph in a 80 kph ticket issue.

[highlight]Where's Grover, he should be in here [/highlight][smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Sounds wonderful. How could a guy pass this up?! If we did this I'd have to ship bike across the pond, there's no we I'd do a fly & ride. Have to ride my own scooter for the memories. The final cost and time off would be the determining factor.  I'm pretty sure I'd have to pass though due to the amount of time one would have to take off at once for this to happen...

I'll stay tuned as this developes...

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2006, 10:05:21 PM »

Sounds wonderful. How could a guy pass this up?! If we did this I'd have to ship bike across the pond, there's no we I'd do a fly & ride. Have to ride my own scooter for the memories. The final cost and time off would be the determining factor.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2006, 04:59:41 AM »

OK guys - no problem

Just threw that in as an idea.

As we discuss more we will begin to home in on the majority preferred format and we can take it from there

WRT shipping - I haven't done this but Custardglide shipped his bike to Sturgis (and back!!) this year and he told me is was straightforward (if a little expensive)

An alternative might be to investigate renting a complete container for 10 or so bikes?

There's a shipping company (I'll need to research this more) that has special steel pallets/frames which have the bike strapped down in the frame which can then be loaded by forklift into the container thus maximising the use of space and minimising the risk of damage.

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2006, 05:26:25 AM »

I would like to throw my name in the mix.  i have always dreamed of riding through Europe.  I dont know anyone on this site (in person - except for HD-DuDE who added some lights to my scooter), but i will meet many of you at the Nelson ride.  I would probably spend a couple weeks in Europe with my family, ship them back to the states and stay to meet up and ride with the group.  Looking forward to meeting many of you in Nelson and hopefully in Europe in 08.

best

Andrew

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2006, 07:00:49 AM »

:'(  I gotta say you need to take Jamey and my name off your list for 08.  As much as I'd like to fantasize about it, I just know that  this is not a trip that will happen, at least not that early.  That is something we'd need a few years to work up to.  Still, it is interesting and we will watch this trip unwrap itself as the rest of you make your plans.  

I am dreaming of Moules Frites, Lapin

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2006, 10:31:06 AM »

You guys are outa' my league here...I would absolutely love to see Europe, and particularly on my own CVO, but something like this would be well beyond my means.  For those of you fortunate enough to be able to do this, those of us who can't will just have to live vicariously through narratives and photos.  I hope this event comes together for those able to make it!!

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2006, 10:35:11 AM »

You guys are outa' my league here...I would absolutely love to see Europe, and particularly on my own CVO, but something like this would be well beyond my means.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 25 queries.