Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Need opinions on the value of this CVO  (Read 7446 times)

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
Re: Need opinions on the value of this CVO
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »

There is a company that is making newer model Trans Ams from the current Camaro platform, and that includes T-Tops, split headlight nose, and I believe a scoop through the hood.  I saw it on a TV show, but can't remember which one.  I'll post an update when I can dig up the link.

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 09:41:22 AM »

There a few companies doing the conversion and some of them look pretty good on the outside.  The part I can't get past is the interior.  It is retro 69 Camaro no matter how you slice it.  It would be an enormous cost but if they could replicate the dash of a 1977 trans am I would have some interest.  Until them it's just a Camaro with a shaker in the middle of the hood.

The car I want to come back is the "Cuda".  I know Plymouth is long gone but they could do it under the SRT badge.  If they did a retro 71 cuda with a shaker and Hemi that car would be in my garage.  But again if you look at the Challengers the dash looks like something they put in a Dodge Caliber.  Dodge did a terrible job on the dash and gauges.  Unlike GM who did a great job with the Camaro, so did ford with the Mustang.

I just can't win.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »

I agree with you on the Challengers.  Very cheap-looking interior.  I want to like that car, but I just couldn't live with the insides no matter how badass they look on the outside.  Fiat made a few improvements with soft-touch materials and some better switch gear here and there, but they left that super plain Jane dash alone. :nixweiss: :puke:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:14:51 PM by 110tHunDer »

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »

I agree totally!

There is rumors that they are bringing the Cuda name back in a smaller 2 door with a Hemi.  Again just rumors and a few pics online.  If it isn't on the Challenger chasis and doesn't have the "Cuda" look why bother.

The only reason I would be interested in a late model muscle car is because I live in a rural area and when I go anywhere it's a lot of highway driving.  It would be nice to have a weekend cruise that is comfortable and reliable with a trunk.

I have had 3 Vipers over the years but they aren't very user friendly and you can't leave them parked anywhere like a hotel.  I'm a mopar guy at heart so I'll just have to wait until they get their act together and build a 100% retro muscle car.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »

I've been looking for a Gen2 T/A with T-tops.  I have a Gen3 '82 Z28 Pacer orig survivor w/ 10k miles.  PM me if interested in talking about a possible sale.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 11:12:07 AM »

Well I thought I had the deal made but here's what the guy did at the very end.  I gave him a trade price right off the bat.  I don't play games.  I stood firm on my deal and the guy called me back a couple days later and said he was very interested and to give him a few days to get things in order because of his work schedule.  I said no problem.  Again he said nothing about changing the deal, we even talked about a friend of his who works with classic cars and he said his friend thought it was a good deal for what I had in my car.

Anyway, some time goes by and the guy is staying in touch with me.  He had my car appraised through the pictures so he could go to his bank and get the funds all set up.  When I heard that I got a little nervous.  Most banks don't like to loan on this type of car but he assured me he had a good relationship with the lender and there shouldn't be a problem.  He also stated that he was in good shape with what he owed on the CVO, which meant to me he owed less that what I was giving him for it.

At any rate I get a text from him about a week later that everything is ready to go and he has his bank approval but now wants to adjust the price and he will call me later in the day.  I just shook my head when I read it.  So he calls me and offers me half of the amount plus his bike that I stated in the very beginning. :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I've been in the car business a long time and I have dealt with this more times than I care to count.  I get it that we all want the best deal possible but I jumped through hoops to get this guy all the pictures he wanted, info etc just to waste my time in the end.  

I politely turned him down and then he began to justify why I should take the deal because my car needed this and that etc which I told him right from the get go.  That just turned me off and I no longer wanted to deal with the guy.  Too bad because I think he would have been the type of guy I wanted to end up with the car.

If his bike would have been under 20K miles, even without the warranty and new motor I might have been closer to what he wanted to do but the point of the whole deal here is if you are going to enter in to a business deal make your true intentions known in the beginning so the other guy can make a decision to either go along or stop the deal.  Waiving half the money in my face will not change my mind.  It's more of a principle thing to me than it is money.

So I am back to square one which is fine.  If I sell it fine and if I don't I'm ok with that too.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:14:57 AM by 2006ULTRA »
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 11:57:50 AM »

Sorry it worked out that way for you.  This is why I tend to trade my vehicles instead of selling them outright anymore.  Although I've probably had more than my fair share of exceptions over the years, there are too many morons in the general public that I don't have the time or patience for dealing with anymore.  I'll gladly take the hit and let the dealer have that "fun."

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »

Sorry it worked out that way for you.  This is why I tend to trade my vehicles instead of selling them outright anymore.  Although I've probably had more than my fair share of exceptions over the years, there are too many morons in the general public that I don't have the time or patience for dealing with anymore.  I'll gladly take the hit and let the dealer have that "fun."

I agree.
Reminds me of a trailer I had for sale one time.
Had it on Craigslist, me and the potential buyer agreed on a selling price.
He showed up to pick it up but then told me he had decided he couldn't pay what we agreed on but could pay $200.00 less.
I said sure not a problem. He seemed excited.
I then told him that we had agreed to a price and if he couldn't pay that price then to have a great day and walked off.
About a week later I sold it to someone that didn't feel a need to jerk me around.
I always thought that as I grew older I would have more patience, but it appears I was wrong.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »

When it comes to my normal inventory on the lot I am more than happy to discuss money with customers and help make things work out financially for them.  It has to work for me too but if someone is strait with me I will bend over backwards.  Heck if this guy would have said all he had was what he offered and then said I know the original price was fair I might have bent some.  

But the way he approached the deal I know he had it planned from the get go.  I think he was even beside himself when I said no.  I bet him and his banker/car appraiser and buddies told him offer this and he'll take it.  When that didn't happen I got the feeling he didn't know what to say so all he could do was run my car down.  Again I politely reminded him that he had a 40K miles CVO with some nice features but not so easy to sell.  Anyway water under the bridge.

2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.