Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Round 6  (Read 25195 times)

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
Re: Round 3
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 08:14:01 AM »

On this last go around it ran like crap with or without the stock tune.
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 08:37:34 AM »

On this last go around it ran like crap with or without the stock tune.

My reference is to the stock exhaust and other mechanical changes back to stock including the ecm data.

Al
first rule of diagnostic, assume nothing, that includes what the other guy said the problem is/was.
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »

;D agree completly

I wish i had that document nefore it went in the shop.  At any rate i am going to use it to check it out.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »

So here I am again,this is just so frustrating.  The exact same symptoms are showing up again.  The dealer said ey found an intake leak and a faulty sensor on the throttle body.  They replaced these items under warranty.  It seemed to run fine for about 250 miles, then bam back to the same thing.  This has been going on now for about 3000 of my 7500 miles, been in the shop now 4 times for the same thing.

I checked for an intake leak today, there was none, I reapplied/cleaned all connectors, everywhere.  I did find a slightly loose spark plug, but no time to test ride since the fuel tank is off now. Kinda doubt the plug is causing these issues but who knows.

I was reading, and maybe I should check the fuel filter/lines in the tank.  Can I get that big old cam ring off without the special tool?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »

So here I am again,this is just so frustrating.  The exact same symptoms are showing up again.  The dealer said ey found an intake leak and a faulty sensor on the throttle body.  They replaced these items under warranty.  It seemed to run fine for about 250 miles, then bam back to the same thing.  This has been going on now for about 3000 of my 7500 miles, been in the shop now 4 times for the same thing.

I checked for an intake leak today, there was none, I reapplied/cleaned all connectors, everywhere.  I did find a slightly loose spark plug, but no time to test ride since the fuel tank is off now. Kinda doubt the plug is causing these issues but who knows.

I was reading, and maybe I should check the fuel filter/lines in the tank.  Can I get that big old cam ring off without the special tool?

Oh man this thread is painful to read. Talk about ruining the whole CVO experience! I really hope you get this figured out!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 04:50:41 PM »

Snap-on makes a tool specifically for removing the fuel tank cover plate.  I think it's about $50.

At any rate, take a look at this article.  I've reviewed this article, and when I change my fuel filter, I'll be having a look at this.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=34942

I suppose it's possible it's a fuel issue.  I would also suggest the fretting pins at the TCA.  This is a common issue, but typically throws a code.

Other areas to look, and I apologize if you already have - battery terminals, plug wires to coil.

Another rider on the Springer forum posted about something similar.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=90014.0

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »

I was thinking plugs, too. Maybe ECM is faulty?
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 07:27:10 AM »

You can get at the fuel filter using a rubber mallet and a flathead screwdriver.  Just cover the tank with a towel.

With that said, I'm still putting my money on a bad ECM.
The best you've had is the best you know.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 07:43:22 AM »

Really an ECM, dot hey really go bad?

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:57 AM »

Really an ECM, dot hey really go bad?
Mine did.  O2 sensors were showing correct voltage, bike wouldn't go into closed loop.  I was throwing a bunch of codes as well.
The best you've had is the best you know.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 12:31:25 AM »

:2vrolijk_06:
SmokeyJoe, sorry to hear about your issues. Unless I missed it I didn't see any mention of checking for a fuel delivery issue. Did you check all your fuel lines and filter? Just a thought.CAHDBIKER

So last night I took a look in the fuel tank, checked the 2 lines I could get to off the fuel filter assembly.  Those checked out ok, opened the filter and it looked fine and was sealed well.

Tonight I will do the TCA voltage checks and see how they check out.  Bike is still in pieces so no test rides yet, but by the weekend I will have it back together. 

05Train mentioned ECM, without codes I don't know how to convince the dealer to even check this.  Besides that I think they BS me on changing the intake gasket, really there was no evidence that someone worked there before...

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »

I've twice  experienced similar symptoms, although my mileage increments between re occurrence were much shorter than yours. One was a brand new spark plug that that would at times fire correctly, and at other times would not. The other was a plug wire that would cause symptoms as yours for 50 miles, then run fine for another 50, for several hundred miles.
Easy solutions in my cases, but I might suggest checking plug colors for the possibility of a single cylinder being problematic, and/or borrowing a set of wires and changing the plugs. Every once and a while, the solution is simpler than we make it out to be.  Hopefully yours will be found soon either way.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »

I've twice  experienced similar symptoms, although my mileage increments between re occurrence were much shorter than yours. One was a brand new spark plug that that would at times fire correctly, and at other times would not. The other was a plug wire that would cause symptoms as yours for 50 miles, then run fine for another 50, for several hundred miles.
Easy solutions in my cases, but I might suggest checking plug colors for the possibility of a single cylinder being problematic, and/or borrowing a set of wires and changing the plugs. Every once and a while, the solution is simpler than we make it out to be.  Hopefully yours will be found soon either way.

I had not said so on here, but checked the plugs and the color was good according to a chart I checked them against.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »

So last night my intentions were to make some voltage checks either at the ECM or TCA. Once I looked at it I realize the multimeter leads would not do it.  Does anyone have some advice on making these checks, is there a breakout board available for the ECM?

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »

So I got the bike back together and took it out for a short ride.  It is completely back to stock, with a stock tune.  It is running worst now than before.  Anyway it went into limp mode and I got these codes.

I noticed most of them point to the TB in this post earlier.  Thing was I could not so the voltage checks because I need a breakout box, I am thinking about getting a used Power Commander off of Ebay and building a breakout box- I tried wiggling all the connectors while the bike was running and nothing changed.  But first the bike is going to the dealer cause there is only 1 month of warranty left.

P0120
P0220
P0222
P1510
P1511
P2135

It runs horrible, stuttering down the road and stalling at lights.

Anybody got a clue what could be causing all these issues.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 20 queries.