Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Round 6  (Read 25204 times)

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
Round 6
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »

This is going to be a bit long, but i am having an issue with my bike that has returned over and over again. The bike is a 2012 RGC CVO, so let me tell the story.

1. Bike ran as it should when i took delivery, at about 1200 miles i put on the Fullsac DX pipe and the 2" cores. I tuned the bike with the TTS and the tune was from Fullsac. The bike ran great till about 4000 miles.

Then is started stalling, eratic idle and hesitating throughout the RPM range. No codes on the speedo or brought up by HD when they ran diagnostics. Dealer decided to replace the TBW cable at the grip. This seemed to do the trick for a 100 or so miles. Then it started again. Dealer told me if it does it again to put the bike back to stocka nd bring it in, this would avoid any warrenty issues.

2. So i put the bilke back to stock. All issues were resolved, i was happy but need a better sounding bike. So i ordered the CFR's and the Power Vision tuner. I figured with just the hit of a button and 6 bolts the bile could be stock in 30 minutes if i needed to go to the dealer.

3. So i installed the CFR pipes and the Power Vision with a tune from Fuel Moto at about 4500 miles. Bike was running pretty darn good, did about 5 autotunes. Bike is running really good and getting good gas milage. I am ahappy camper once again.

Here i am once again the with the stalling and hesitation with about 6600 miles. The RPM gauge at a light is bouncing from 800-1150, once it hits 800 or so a few times it dies. There is no drama restarting the bike, but the same RPM fluctuations occur.

So this is what i have done as of recent to the bike between 4500 and 6600 mile. I change all the fluid, changed all motor bolts over to stainless steel, put a new cam chest cover on.

These are some of my trouble shooting steps to date.
 1. Used the PV to reset trims - no help
 2. Tightend battery terms, they were pretty snug already - no help
 3. Spray down the intake with cleaner and used PV to reinstall the original tune from Fuel Moto, additionally i popped a bunch of connectors off the intake and made a visual inspection and added dielectric grease - ok this has seemed to help some, though i am feeling some hesitation around 2000 RPM. The test ride was prematurely shortened due to some snow fall.

Sorry about the long write up - anyone got some ideas what to do next. Not ready to take it to the dealer as the weather is crap and i don't want to drive it this time of the year anyway.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:03:33 AM by SmokeyJoe »
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Round 3
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:32:03 AM »

Wow, wish I could help more. The one thing I get out of your post is that its NOT the tune/type of tuner you are using. Why it disappears for a time after you change something on the scoot makes no sense, at least to me.  :confused5:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »

Have you checked to make sure the oxygen sensors are not hooked up backwards?

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »

Time to triple check,

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »

Black is back, that is correct i believe.

Cosmic Charlie

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »

Chasing an intermittent electrical problem could take a (your) life time to solve (like you need to hear that)

When it's running good - Trade It - MoCo built it - MoCo can fix it under warranty while you ride a new to you bike

Sorry - Again not what you want to hear
This doesn't help fix the bike but solves your problem

Not trying to be a wise ass - just one of many choices
2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange RG SE 110
D&D Boss Fat Cats with Ghost Pipe
CeeBaileysSuperStepContour14"
TTS Tuner
Ohlin's #3-3
J&M 7 1/4's & 250 amp
Utopia Drivers Back Rest

Nothing Left To Do But Smile Smile Smile

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »

Bad grounds?  Maybe a temp sensor shutting the bike down?  Maybe it's time to break out the FSM, the multimeter, and a couple jumper wires...
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 05:22:11 AM »

Was the voltage regulator recall done?
The best you've had is the best you know.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 05:48:08 AM »

Was the voltage regulator recall done?

Yes it was

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »

I was having voltage issues that ended up being a bad ECM.  But my bike was running fine and throwing codes.  If you're still under warranty, I'd suggest letting the dealer figure it out.
The best you've had is the best you know.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »

SmokeyJoe, sorry to hear about your issues. Unless I missed it I didn't see any mention of checking for a fuel delivery issue. Did you check all your fuel lines and filter? Just a thought.CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »

So the dealer found the problem!  I dont care how cold it is, i am riding.  I will put the monotubes in later.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »

So the dealer found the problem!  I dont care how cold it is, i am riding.  I will put the monotubes in later.
So what was the issue?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 04:39:39 AM »

They found a bad gasket from the intake to the jug, causing the motor to suck in to much air.  They used a dyno room to test run the bike since the weather is terrible right now.  The tuner was concerned that the cat was getting red hot. He is going to talk with HD about this.  The only mod on the bike as it sits now are CFR's as i took the Fuel Moto tune off before i took it to the dealer.

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 07:24:45 AM »

They found a bad gasket from the intake to the jug, causing the motor to suck in to much air.  They used a dyno room to test run the bike since the weather is terrible right now.  The tuner was concerned that the cat was getting red hot. He is going to talk with HD about this.  The only mod on the bike as it sits now are CFR's as i took the Fuel Moto tune off before i took it to the dealer.
My thought: How is it the bike ran well after you returned it to stock if this is the issue?

Al
PS check the attached pdf
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.