Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Round 6  (Read 25209 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Round 3
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2014, 02:10:18 PM »

Please note Smokey Joe is in Germany  ....

Yes, I'm aware of that.  He is in a fairly unique situation, being military and having bought the bike through the military program.  And Germany has some much more strenuous warranty regulations than we have in the USA, so he may have better rights in Germany than he does under US rules. :nixweiss: 

I'm not sure if he could even buy an ESP in Germany (perhaps kraut or one of the other members from that country would like to chime in here), but I'd be damned if I'd let Harley's failure to fix a defect during the warranty period cause me to spend thousands of dollars to buy an insurance policy like the ESP.  Handing them even more money for an ESP (very profitable for them btw) to supposedly fix the stuff they couldn't fix during the warranty seems a little strange to me.  If they couldn't fix it under warranty, what makes you think they will suddenly learn how to diagnose and fix the same problem a day after the warranty expires?  The only difference is under ESP you would get to pay them another $50 for each of their ineffectual attempts at a repair. 

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »

So yes I am in Germany and the bike is US spec and only a few dealers here have all the diagnostic tools to trouble shoot US bikes.  Which makes it hard for them to troubleshoot, but even the dealer with the right diagnostic equipment could not TS the bike properly.  This all beside the point, just thought I would throw this out there.

The lady in the US said they would take care of me and make sure the dealer gets the help they need to trouble shoot the bike.  She said my case is well documented and then she gave me a reference number for the call. Before we got off the phone she sent me a test email to make sure it worked.  I now feel much better about the whole thing.  The bike is still at the dealers, but they are calling everyday to report there progress and what's next.

Today they said they found an issue in the main wiring harness going to the ECM.  They said when you wiggle the cable it occasionally idles rough/ stalls the bike. 

The dealer says he may have it ready for me by the weekend....
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »

After this long aggravating post it sure is great to hear that a wire to the ECM Will solve it. GOOD LUCK and thanks for all the information.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »

Really the only reason I have kept up with this thread was to keep people informed that may be having same issue or f course someone may stumble across this post that could help. 
That way while doing a search they may come across my thread.  Now the cherry on top is when they get it fixed and it is truly fixed, I will be able to post the cure.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »

Really the only reason I have kept up with this thread was to keep people informed that may be having same issue or f course someone may stumble across this post that could help. 
That way while doing a search they may come across my thread.  Now the cherry on top is when they get it fixed and it is truly fixed, I will be able to post the cure.

I for one appreciate your efforts to keep us informed. And of course I'm rooting for you to get the bike fixed right.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »

So its been in the shop for a more than 2 weeks now and seems to be no end to the troubleshooting.

They are going to order a main wiring harness for the bike today. 

I spoke with HD MoCo yesterday and let them know how disappointed I am in how they are handling this.  They agreed it should not take so long....

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 08:52:29 AM »

So its been in the shop for a more than 2 weeks now and seems to be no end to the troubleshooting.

They are going to order a main wiring harness for the bike today. 

I spoke with HD MoCo yesterday and let them know how disappointed I am in how they are handling this.  They agreed it should not take so long....

Joe so sorry. What a nightmare!  >:(

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2014, 10:11:47 AM »

I just read this entire thread. Man, I hope you can get your bike fixed soon, Joe. It must be really frustrating to have gone this long without a proper fix.

Good luck!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 10:29:06 AM »

Yes it is more than frustrating.  Trying to remain calm and be civil with the dealer.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »

OMG, A wire harness is a tricky install I can only imagine the number of ways they can mess that up, hope it works out for you.

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »

I feel for you, please keep us informed and let us know what the "real" fix was once they get it running right.  Good luck!
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »

Good LUCK again Joe sure hope this time it works out.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »

Man, what a cluster.  And I thought I had it bad when it took Battley 2 months to diagnose a bad ECM.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2014, 06:47:00 AM »

So last night I got a call from the mechanic, he says I got some news for ya - wait for it.......

Your bike is finished, we replaced some pins on the wiring harness going to the ECM. 

They brought the bike last night and since the weather was questionable I opted to install my new bag latches and tour pack. 

Got up  O dark thirty this morning and have rode through two tanks of gas with no issues.

I am somewhat skeptical as I have been down this road before, but I am also very optimistic they have finally fixed the bike.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 07:58:04 AM »

So last night I got a call from the mechanic, he says I got some news for ya - wait for it.......

Your bike is finished, we replaced some pins on the wiring harness going to the ECM. 

They brought the bike last night and since the weather was questionable I opted to install my new bag latches and tour pack. 

Got up  O dark thirty this morning and have rode through two tanks of gas with no issues.

I am somewhat skeptical as I have been down this road before, but I am also very optimistic they have finally fixed the bike.

I hope they fixed it! Sorry man this sucks!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.