Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Round 6  (Read 25216 times)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: Round 3
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2014, 08:00:11 AM »

Glad you're back in the saddle. Hope the issue is fixed.

By the way, nice looking bike  :2vrolijk_21:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »

Electrical problems, especially intermittent electrical problems, seem to be the toughest problems for most people who work on cars, bikes, appliances, etc..  I don't know if that is due to insufficient training, the lack of incentive or motivation to take the time to study the system and think through the areas that could cause the symptoms and then to trace those circuits for anomalies, or what.  What I do know is that the auto dealerships I used to visit as part of my job back in the day would kiss the butt of a truly gifted electrical diagnostician and do whatever it took to keep them.  They are a rare breed.

These kinds of problems quickly expose the "parts changers" that so heavily populate dealerships these days.  Thus all the horror stories of five and ten or even more attempts to fix problems.  I know the auto industry has been trying to find ways to address this problem; it's way past time for Harley to step up and do the same.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2014, 09:18:18 AM »

Hope they got it.
The best you've had is the best you know.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »

Electrical problems, especially intermittent electrical problems, seem to be the toughest problems for most people who work on cars, bikes, appliances, etc.. would kiss the butt of a truly gifted electrical diagnostician and do whatever it took to keep them.  They are a rare breed.

Very true

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »

Electrical problems, especially intermittent electrical problems, seem to be the toughest problems for most people who work on cars, bikes, appliances, etc..  I don't know if that is due to insufficient training, the lack of incentive or motivation to take the time to study the system and think through the areas that could cause the symptoms and then to trace those circuits for anomalies, or what.  What I do know is that the auto dealerships I used to visit as part of my job back in the day would kiss the butt of a truly gifted electrical diagnostician and do whatever it took to keep them.  They are a rare breed.

These kinds of problems quickly expose the "parts changers" that so heavily populate dealerships these days.  Thus all the horror stories of five and ten or even more attempts to fix problems.  I know the auto industry has been trying to find ways to address this problem; it's way past time for Harley to step up and do the same.

Jerry

I believe you hit it right on the head Jerry. It's much easier to change out a module or a relay and hope the problem went away. Unfortunately sometimes changing a component in an electrical circuit will "reset" - for lack of a better term - the system until the errors again reach a level to cause the original problem - and the now aggravated customer - to return. And duplicating the conditions of an intermittent failure and using a systematic troubleshooting approach takes to long for a mechanic whose usually paid a flat rate for the job, meaning he/she may not be willing to spend a day(or several days) troubleshooting when they can change a component, mask the problem and move on to the next job.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2014, 01:05:17 AM »

Tank 3 and no issues, see ya
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2014, 07:18:26 AM »

Tank 3 and no issues, see ya
That's what we like to hear  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »

Well to good to be true.

Today I rode it for a few hundred miles, and noticed it was getting a bit hard to start.  It normally starts right up, but today it would have to turn 2/3 times or so before starting.  Also noticed the idle fluctuating between 1040 and 920 ( not sure if that is normal).

Worst part, no check engine light on but two DTC codes p0134 and p0154.  That means something about the O2 sensors are open.  The bike is completely stock right now so no tuners.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »

Well to good to be true.

Today I rode it for a few hundred miles, and noticed it was getting a bit hard to start.  It normally starts right up, but today it would have to turn 2/3 times or so before starting.  Also noticed the idle fluctuating between 1040 and 920 ( not sure if that is normal).

Worst part, no check engine light on but two DTC codes p0134 and p0154.  That means something about the O2 sensors are open.  The bike is completely stock right now so no tuners.

Ugh

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

Re: Round 3-4-5
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »

So today I realized I needed to retitle this thread.

Last night I dropped the bike off at the dealer and they gave me a loaner bike, I wanted the CVO Road King, settled for the Low Rider.  Anyway horrible ride over there as winds were gusting up 25MPH and it was raining like hell, I could had sworn I felt some freezing rain as well. 

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2014, 12:19:28 AM »

So I picked the bike up last night and talk with the tech.  He confirmed the codes and like me tried to clear them with no luck.  He said the check engine light is not coming on because the event is not persistent and must only last a split second.  He said he needed to check with his district manager about ordering the main wiring harness, but saw no issue in getting his approval since they had discussed this before.  Meanwhile I am speaking to the warranty folks over here about a buy back, but still waiting on there reply.  A buy back is bitter sweet as I was building my dream bike.  Also I asked, but unsure how they are going to handle all of the mods I did to the bike as that is in the thousands.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »

So cant get worst - think again.

I just got word from the European Warranty Manager:

"We do not repurchase motorcycles. Nonetheless we are monitoring the repair of your Harley and we have asked the shop for input.

We are able to help facilitate communication between the dealer and the manufacturer, should this be necessary however we await the status from the repair facility first."

I have not digested this email yet, but I am a bit pi$$ed about the whole stinkin thing.

So this morning I wanted to ride the bike to work - guess what?  it won't start!  Call HD and they meet me at the house to take her away once again.

Looking for advice guys????

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2014, 09:09:33 AM »

So cant get worst - think again.

I just got word from the European Warranty Manager:

"We do not repurchase motorcycles. Nonetheless we are monitoring the repair of your Harley and we have asked the shop for input.

We are able to help facilitate communication between the dealer and the manufacturer, should this be necessary however we await the status from the repair facility first."

I have not digested this email yet, but I am a bit pi$$ed about the whole stinkin thing.

So this morning I wanted to ride the bike to work - guess what?  it won't start!  Call HD and they meet me at the house to take her away once again.

Looking for advice guys????

I'm not at all familiar with the laws in your country, but just because the European Warranty Manager stated "We do not repurchase motorcycles", it doesn't necessarily mean that's what your laws state.  When your frustration peaks, you may consider counsel to learn what legal options are available to you. 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

Re: Round 6
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »

That is the messed up part, don't know if I have a state.  I am over in Germany with the Armed Forces.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Round 6
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »

That is the messed up part, don't know if I have a state.  I am over in Germany with the Armed Forces.

I see...  I'm sure you have legal rights and options.  Perhaps another member has experience with a similar matter?   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 25 queries.