Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: SNOW  (Read 42017 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: SNOW
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2014, 10:06:05 PM »

We hit 51F today, heavy overcast misty rain...   :(

LOL you got what we had yesterday. Don't worry tomorrow will be better it was low 60's with mixed sun and clouds and dry here today  ;D

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »

LOL you got what we had yesterday. Don't worry tomorrow will be better it was low 60's with mixed sun and clouds and dry here today  ;D

It's still 51F and is raining, but the radar shows the rain may be clear by morning.  Forecast is for 60's with low chance for showers tomorrow.  Then trending a bit warmer, but rain forecast again starting Sunday, and continuing for the next 6 days... 

I'm hoping June will bring us summer!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »

It's still 51F and is raining, but the radar shows the rain may be clear by morning.  Forecast is for 60's with low chance for showers tomorrow.  Then trending a bit warmer, but rain forecast again starting Sunday, and continuing for the next 6 days... 

I'm hoping June will bring us summer!

My wife and I have had it living here. We are seriously looking into a permanent move. Scouting out North Carolina during our trip to the smokies in June. I have 3 kids, my oldest daughter is 19 and moved out a year ago, my twin boys still live at home and are finishing up their soph years at high school. When they graduate we are listing the house for sale and the search for new jobs and more riding time begins!

Last year summer didn't take here until about the last week of June and was gone by the end of September. That's WAY too much crappy down time!

Jesse

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2014, 08:59:15 AM »

no hurricanes
no tornadoes
no drought
no earthquakes
no its too hot to ride in the summer

Ok, except for the too hot & bit of a water shortage, Nevada is almost perfect for year 'round riding. Just ride early during June-August!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2014, 10:16:40 AM »

My wife and I have had it living here. We are seriously looking into a permanent move. Scouting out North Carolina during our trip to the smokies in June. I have 3 kids, my oldest daughter is 19 and moved out a year ago, my twin boys still live at home and are finishing up their soph years at high school. When they graduate we are listing the house for sale and the search for new jobs and more riding time begins!

Last year summer didn't take here until about the last week of June and was gone by the end of September. That's WAY too much crappy down time!

Jesse
I don't blame you for wanting to move south. I don't see how any biker would want to live in the north and give up that much riding time. I know I couldn't do it. I think I live to far north now.

I hear you can ride comfortably all year round in Florida. Plus the beach and the sun and....... Crap now I want to move to Florida!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #380 on: May 03, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »

I don't blame you for wanting to move south. I don't see how any biker would want to live in the north and give up that much riding time. I know I couldn't do it. I think I live to far north now.

I hear you can ride comfortably all year round in Florida. Plus the beach and the sun and....... Crap now I want to move to Florida!!

Florida is too hot in the summer. You would have to counter that by staying in a swimming pool or buying a boat. I think the Carolinas are a nice compromise. Not far from the beach, mountains at your backside, and lots of green. Still have a beautiful 4 seasons. And if you want to visit Florida, it isn't very far!

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #381 on: May 03, 2014, 05:26:33 PM »

Florida is too hot in the summer. You would have to counter that by staying in a swimming pool or buying a boat. I think the Carolinas are a nice compromise. Not far from the beach, mountains at your backside, and lots of green. Still have a beautiful 4 seasons. And if you want to visit Florida, it isn't very far!
You have a very good point, but I don't think it gets as hot there as it does here. Last summer we had several
days in the 105 to 110 range with lots of humidity. Feels like riding in a blast furnace. I usually quit riding when it hits
100 degrees. I like hot weather but it gets to hot for me even. Good luck in moving south, you will like it.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #382 on: May 03, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »

You have a very good point, but I don't think it gets as hot there as it does here. Last summer we had several
days in the 105 to 110 range with lots of humidity. Feels like riding in a blast furnace. I usually quit riding when it hits
100 degrees. I like hot weather but it gets to hot for me even. Good luck in moving south, you will like it.

It's too hot to ride your air cooled Harley down that way come summertime but that's ok you trade that time for boating and beach going and then gain many months of Harley riding in the other seasons. I say win!

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #383 on: May 04, 2014, 07:15:47 PM »

You are right! That's a win!

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »

It's too hot to ride your air cooled Harley down that way come summertime but that's ok you trade that time for boating and beach going and then gain many months of Harley riding in the other seasons. I say win!

Naw.....................  :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »

Naw.....................  :2vrolijk_21:

Different strokes. It's all good though Mr. Sachs, I don't mind having to park the Harley in favor of 2 piece bikinis and water sports

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #386 on: May 05, 2014, 05:55:12 AM »

Not sure about the Carolina's.  they get some good winters too.  I kind of like some of the areas in ga. Close to the Carolina's ,fl. And tenn. All great riding. Bikinis too.  :)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #387 on: May 05, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »

was driving through NY just over a week ago and there was still snow and ice

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #388 on: May 05, 2014, 08:39:34 AM »

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #389 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:07 AM »

Not sure about the Carolina's.  they get some good winters too.  I kind of like some of the areas in ga. Close to the Carolina's ,fl. And tenn. All great riding. Bikinis too.  :)

Hey Stu, come up to Iowa we will show you what a good winter is. Carolina's ain't got nothing on us. We want 4 seasons and don't mind some snow. Just don't want 6 months of 30 below zero!

Jesse

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.