Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: My New SERK  (Read 4292 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: My New SERK
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 08:29:43 PM »

Congratulations & safe riding!

redfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 03:29:44 PM »

this is Harleyteam.  my pc is being repaired so I'm using the wifes.  CONGRATS on the new rides.  mine shipped yesterday.  York is only 5 hours from here, but the dealer said they are usually last on the delivery list,  cause when the truck is empty, it picks up tires at the local Dunlop plant to take back with them. I figure it should be here tomorrow at the latest. I'm sure the driver wants to get home for turkeyday.  GOTTA LOVE THE RED..   RED BIKES RULE!!!! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 05:08:49 PM »

owenja,

Please let me know how the rineharts work out for you.  I plan on doing new exhaust in the spring and your feedback about the rineharts could help me decide what system to go with.

Ghost Rider

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 10:27:19 PM »

Ghost,

I'll let you know how the rineharts help performance, sound, and heat.  I'm dying here in Nebraska, it's going to be in the 60's the rest of the week and the new bike probably won't get here until next week.  We better have some more of this weather soon!!!

Jim

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 01:32:24 PM »

Congrats on the new SERK!  Be safe and have fun riding. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 01:39:08 PM »

Truly a work of art... I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the RK. Enjoy and ride safe! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

redfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 09:06:30 PM »

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]YEEEEHAAAA!  it's here and it's BEAUTIFUL. arrived about 11:30am today. paperwork is all done, I'll be picking her up Friday at noon.  only problem we encountered,  was while they were trying to install the tourpack, they found they had the wrong mounting brackets. they even contacted Harley, cause nobody could find a listing for the right ones.  rear fender is wider than stock.  anyone here get the two up quick connect tour pack mounts???  I could use a part number.  not too many people available at the factory today to answer my dealers questions. so I'm picking it up fri. without the pack.  will post picks after I get my own PC back.    Harleyteam

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 09:14:48 PM »

Congrats and good luck with it! I had the dealer check with the factory to confirm that Part No. 53988-07; Touring Detachable Docking Hardware Kit for '07 FLHRSE3 for Detachable 2-up Tour-Pak Rack; $54.95 List; is right. I bought it for the detachable 2-up luggage rack I already have. It's supposed to work for that also. Hope this helps. Ride safe and Happy Holiday. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

redfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 09:33:57 PM »

Thanks,
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:37:40 PM by redfatboy »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 09:46:48 PM »

I was told that my two-up luggage rack would work with that kit. The rack is the same mounting as detachable 2-up tour-pak rack. The PN's in the catalog seem to support this as well; p.422. Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 09:48:27 PM »

You need to use the detachable stuff, not permanant mount stuff. Hoist!

redfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 09:55:20 PM »

thats the kit they used,, the side brackets fit fine,  but the top piece that docks the pack to it is to narrow. the 07 serk has a wider fender and tire,  and it just didn't fit.  have to wait till monday when the right people are back at the factory I guess.  thanks for the help though.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 10:02:27 PM »

Sorry man. I hope that doesn't mean my 2-up luggage rack won't work (probably does!). Hoist!

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
    • CVO3: FLHXSE 2018 Dark Alloy/Black Denim
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2006, 04:40:09 AM »

OK, I'm really confused now. I also want to fit the two-up luggage rack and my dealer in the UK assured me that the rear fender was the same width as the RK Custom. I was concerned that the rack part# description didn't mention the SERK, but assuming the dealer was correct, I would have bought docking kit #53804-06 as shown in the fitment matrix. As well as the rack I was also going to fit a taller sissybar, but if the fender is wider, part# 52933-97B probably won't fit either. I guess it is possible that the docking kit for the luggage rack could be manufactured with an "inboard" kink so the luggage rack would fit. Has anyone noticed if the SERK rear fender part# is shared with another in the RK family. Help required before my visit to the US on the spending spree.

Softail_Al

redfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2006, 09:36:29 AM »

I traded in a 05 Roadking custom for the 07 serk. both bikes in the shop,,,  you could see the difference.  the serk is definatly  wider.  I'll know more on monday when the full Harley staff is back at factory from the holiday. and my dealer can get some answers. I might even have my own pc back by then and can post some pics.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.