Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: 2015 CVO MODELS/ CHANGES  (Read 95204 times)

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
Re: 2015 CVO MODELS/ CHANGES
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »

...I heard they aren't having black next year whats your thoughts on that?
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2014, 02:35:29 AM »

My dealer told me they got notice that there is a roadglide for sure and 2 definite colors are black and black denim. Didn't say anything about CVO or not. My Harley Dealer that is.......................

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2014, 09:09:11 AM »

I'm betting on at least a 103 Ultra with water cooled lowers. CVO 110 with same. Imagine the custom would be like the regular SG this year. I think the 120r is a pipe dream, they make a lot on folks wanting to upgrade to that, and the 110 has only been since, what, 2009?

07 is when the 110 came out, I have a 07 SERK3, 110 with 6 Speed
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2014, 09:20:40 AM »

Hang on guys, I have an In, I'll know by the time, maybe before the dealers do. :2vrolijk_21:

07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »

I'd be happy if the MoCo would design / manufacture Compensators, Lifters, and Cranks, so they would be off of the "normal wear items" list :nervous:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »

X2  :drink:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »

I'd be happy if the MoCo would design / manufacture Compensators, Lifters, and Cranks, so they would be off of the "normal wear items" list :nervous:

;D   Either that, or they should be required to list all those items on the scheduled maintenance lists so people would be forewarned.  Let's see, replace compensators every 10k, lifters at 15k or 20k, cranks should be inspected every 5k, wheel bearings every 15k, etc.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »

;D   Either that, or they should be required to list all those items on the scheduled maintenance lists so people would be forewarned.  Let's see, replace compensators every 10k, lifters at 15k or 20k, cranks should be inspected every 5k, wheel bearings every 15k, etc.

Jerry ;)

Heck, my local stealer dealer wants $400 for a 5k service and $450 for a 10k service.  I would hate to see what they would charge if you added these to the list!

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
  • "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."~J.W.
    • IA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »

It sure has been quiet  regarding the 2015's?? Changes???  Models??  Will they bring back the SG?? Should be fun to watch what happens this year especially with the RG.   

As a member of the H-D Advisory Panel, the questions asked last month would suggest that TPM systems are being planned.
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
Ward's CNC Ported 110 Heads
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Red Shift Dual Piston Tensioner
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs
10.8:1, 132ft-lb, 126hp SAE

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2014, 11:06:43 PM »

As a member of the H-D Advisory Panel, the questions asked last month would suggest that TPM systems are being planned.

I would like a TPM. The only issue is the cost.  From my understanding if a sensor needs replacing they cannot by law change a tire until it is fixed.  From what I have been told that can be $250+ on a car so HD is going to be much higher.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
  • "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."~J.W.
    • IA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 08:51:58 AM »

I would like a TPM. The only issue is the cost.  From my understanding if a sensor needs replacing they cannot by law change a tire until it is fixed.  From what I have been told that can be $250+ on a car so HD is going to be much higher.

I don't have a lot experience with these, but I think there are two types.  One that continuously sends a pressure value of each tire to the dashboard and one that lights an idiot light simply indicating you have a low tire somewhere.  When getting new tires on my car recently, the tire technician broke my idiot light style TPM transmitter, which cost them ~$90 to replace.  I am sure the system will add to the sticker price of a H-D motorcycle and increase service costs when the battery goes dead in the TPM transmitter.  $250+ would not surprise me on the TPM systems that continuously read the tire pressure of each tire, not to mention the additional complexity this would add to the instrument panel.
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
Ward's CNC Ported 110 Heads
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Red Shift Dual Piston Tensioner
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs
10.8:1, 132ft-lb, 126hp SAE

ultrarider123

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »

I'm in the advisory panel also, and noticed all the questions concerning the TPM along with a couple other items.  Figured this was coming very soon.  Fine with me.  I like the idea of an extra set of "eyes" when it comes to air pressure.  I'll still check it before each ride, this will just keep me abreast of what's happening during the ride.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2014, 09:07:32 AM »

A tire pressure monitoring system similar to the one required on passenger cars would be a waste of time and money IMHO.  Those systems don't alert you until the actual tire pressure drops to less than 75% of the cold tire inflation pressure recommended by the manufacturer of the vehicle.  That is well beyond what I would consider a safe margin of underinflation, especially on a motorcycle.  And I can't imagine Harley spending the money for a continuous monitoring system with a digital real time display, unless they plan to sell it as a high priced optional accessory versus a standard equipment item.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

the jacobite

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »

They could put the TPM system through the EBS, but not much profit in after sales parts.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »

Agree.  My wife is on her Second Street Glide and just loves it.  I hate it.  She hates my road glide, me its the best bike Harley makes.

We both like the Road King

Too funny... same here...  :2vrolijk_21:

Anyway, August can't get here soon enough to finally see what the front fairing looks like on the Road Glide... and the additional goodies included with it for that model year.
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 24 queries.