Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Feuling Oil Pump Question  (Read 3316 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: Feuling Oil Pump Question
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 02:46:13 PM »

Chris at Bayside, he is the only one who works on my bike
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »

Zipper's indicated that they use the factory cam support plate in all their TC builds unless a customer insists otherwise.  They further opined that the closer tollerances of the Feuling Race pump are not necessary for street applications and that the standard Feuling pump is fine for pre-'07 motors.  As far as the pump upgrade for the '07 models, they said the improved capacity of the stock pump is more than adequate for even a 120" build.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 05:55:17 PM »

Chris at Bayside, he is the only one who works on my bike
Thanks for the info! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 07:47:53 AM »

OK I guess it is time I made a response to this thread.

The fueling super pump is superior to the stock HD pump. It is not only about the pressure but about VOLUME and the scavaging from the crank case. It works better. Also the fueling cam plate is superior to the stock model. Main reason if you have to pull the motor down you have plugs in the plate that can be removed to clean all of the passages. It also promotes better flow. The down side to the cam plate is the price. You can now add $300.00 to the price of your build.

I am doing a secret build (not any more) to my Dyna. Yes it is getting the best of the best including the fueling race pump and cam plate. Some very slick ideas are going into this motor as it is not my daily cruiser. It may turn out to be the "V"s main ride but that will be determined at a later date. One thing for sure I think she can handle it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 08:37:21 AM »

Mikey there you go again ====>   I think she can handle it ...   Wheres the confidence there ...

It may be her main ride ...   jeesh ... wallow on that will ya heheh.

Yo V- He is building your new ride with some slick stuff cause he knows you will have no problem riding it.  

See there ya go Mikey hehe.  Just trying to help ya.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 08:39:57 AM »

I am doing a secret build (not any more) to my Dyna. Yes it is getting the best of the best including the fueling race pump and cam plate. Some very slick ideas are going into this motor as it is not my daily cruiser. It may turn out to be the "V"s main ride but that will be determined at a later date. One thing for sure I think she can handle it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Should be interesting,
V on a non stock Dyna
Bout time Dawg
Nancy's getting tired of outrunning me!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 09:59:26 AM »

OK I guess it is time I made a response to this thread.

[highlight]The fueling super pump is superior to the stock HD pump. It is not only about the pressure but about VOLUME and the scavaging from the crank case. It works better. Also the fueling cam plate is superior to the stock model. Main reason if you have to pull the motor down you have plugs in the plate that can be removed to clean all of the passages. It also promotes better flow.[/highlight] The down side to the cam plate is the price. You can now add $300.00 to the price of your build.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I spoke to Feuling about the '07 model's oil pump vs. their pump. I summarized what they said (post #11 below), and it seems to be confirmed in HDFR120's post above after discussion with Zippers, that the new HD pumps do a much better job on VOLUME and SCAVENGING than the previous stock HD pumps. Stock or slightly modified 96"-110" engines would not seem to get much benefit by using the Feuling pump vs. the new HD pump and the cam plate wouldn't either. It seems that if you're doing cams though, you should install the Zipper's bypass shim with the stock pump. That's not to say that these Feuling parts aren't better, just that they don't seem to provide as much improvement as they did in the past.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »

HOIST I am sorry I should have been a little clearer in my post. PRE 07 MODELS!!!!! I do know the 07's flow much better. IMHO if I am in there changing cams it is getting a new fueling pump and plate.

Harry and Chip thanks for the help.

Harry we are not talking a run of the mill motor. Right now it is at 130 at the rear wheel and is only 95. New motor will be ??????? Stock?????? with Zippers magnum heads. Just for looks ya know.

The topic has come up as how much is toooo much. I think anything over 150 H/P at the wheel on a light bike is toooo much.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 11:52:54 AM »

Mike as I am sure Chip would agree we're here for you :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 12:08:26 PM »

Thanks for the info Mike and good luck with that new build. I'd love to hear the numbers when you're done. Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG
Dawg,
Don't let these clowns give you a hard time. :D I know what you are really doing is making sure you have 2, 3 (how ever many you decide ;)). Nice looking, great running scooters so no matter which bike "V" chooses to ride on any given day you still have a nice looking/running scooter to ride on also. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Chit we may have been born in the day, but it wasn't yesterday, brotha got to look out for his self. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:30:35 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 01:34:08 PM »

Firedood there you go painting Mikey into a corner again.... How come those are his and V is only allowed to ride them ....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:36:44 PM by Unbalanced »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

Firedood there you go painting Mikey into a corner again.... How come those are his and V is only allowed to ride them ....  Maybe it should be V's dyna he is supin up for her.  

so one sided where's the sharing haha   You keep using YOU referring to Mikey ....   Dood, your going to so get him in more trouble he does fine all on his own.  

It aint all about the "a brother" .... some of its gotta be "the Lady's" too ya know ....

See Dood the respectful wording and careful manipulation ....   If I have to explain it you just wouldn't understand it hehehehe
Ahhh, my brotha, you misunderstood (see you still thinking single days), when I speak of "you" (trust me I know I have been thoroughly trained on this) it means "us". Just let the better half say "you" when she's speaking of the both of "you" one time and it will be well explained to you. Now did that make sense? [smiley=confused5.gif] If it did consider yourself "thoroughly trained". [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 02:29:34 PM »

Perfect Thread Hi Jack :)

Dood you have been mistrained ....  Us and We  .... it's not you ....  you is considered singular possessive

Here is an example of your improper training

If someone walked up and said you have xyz with the significant other present, its actually worse than you singular saying I have xyz, because it means you have already claimed something without her prior approval and she is now shocked and miffed as she was not included ...  

time for remedial training on dood.

We have X    not you have X    

as ole quiet Hubbard would say  There Endeth the Lesson ... and boy is Mikey headed for the Dawg House with Firedood helping.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 02:33:19 PM »

[highlight]Perfect Thread Hi Jack :)[/highlight]

Dood you have been mistrained ....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 20 queries.