Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: What comes "in the box?"  (Read 11539 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: What comes "in the box?"
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

Twolane.......bringing back memories............. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

That's a blast from the past JC.  Suddenly have this uncontrollable urge to go to a Sock Hop  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 12:55:47 PM »

Was only recently pointed toward this forum and am already incredibly pleased I was.  Had thought I'd collected most of the info in print on the SEEGs and the little available from HD's website and other published notices.  Then I found all of you.  Reading here has been like a fuel injected Nerdvana :)  But I digress.....

Have coming a red 05 SEEG.  It's still a couple of months away (more or less).   Close enough, in any case, to begin doing some basic preparations for.  One thing I've tried to answer and have read conflicting information on is exactly what is there "out of the box."  I'm not speaking so much to the doo-dads, trinkets, and other (often) external accessories but to the powerplant itself or other primary systems.  For lack of a better way to put it just how "Screamin' Eagle" is the SE 103 engine when the bike is uncrated?  Does it, for example, already have the SE high flow breather/Stage I kit?  Have read both "yes" and "no" on this and other things.  

The details are just a bit murky in the public media and from some of HD's own literature so I'm really wondering precisely what is there to begin with.  It's not efficient to plan or purchase for "what's next" when I can't find out for sure what's there at the beginning.  And, since I find I'm commonly a wee bit impatient, it seemed prudent to ask those that have already been there and done that.

Another question on the same general topic would be, given what is there "out of the box" what have proved to be the most common effective steps to further wake up the engine.  I'm honestly not interested in cracking the engine back open.  So internal mods are beyond my interest (unless one is talking something relatively simple like a cam swap or something of that ilk).  But, basically, I'm wondering how different are these 103's in their needs relative from stock that are the 88s.  Are the stock exhaust and intake systems still handicaps, and if so how much?  Are there any differences in the factory setup of the 103s here that would recommend for or against things that have proved effective on the 88s?  That kind of thing is what I'm really concerned about at this point.

I understand that setup is based on need or riding style and we're all different.  So here's "me."  I don't do a lot of "short hops" across town.  Of course I ride in town and will run errands or do anything else on the bike that I might do in other forms of transportation.  But I set my bike up for travel.  I enjoy the longer trips.  Whether it be as much as can be squeezed in to a weekend or cruising vacations, that's what the bike is for.  My 2000 RKC got home last month from a five week trip that covered just under 17,000 miles and it's got about 85,000 on it all tolled; if that kind of info helps someone suggest options for these bikes.  I ask because I simply have no experience with the stroker setup and would like to hear from those that do.

Thanks Gents,
Don

Remember this one Don? If only you knew back then, what you know now........

It was a great beginning, and it's just gotten better. ;)

:indian_chief:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »

Remember this one Don? If only you knew back then, what you know now........

It was a great beginning, and it's just gotten better. ;)

Thank you Chuck.  That was a long time ago.  Have laughed in the ears of many people whom I was on the phone with while also reading this website since then.  People who had no idea they were so boring they couldn't occupy enough attention to keep someone from playing here at the same time.

Have enjoyed the bikes, the chats and nearly every one of the people.  More than anything that's high praise for such a collection of souls.  Even if I am a Smurf now.

Thanks guys.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »

LOL, MFG posted in this thread. :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »

LOL, MFG posted in this thread. :huepfenlol2:

There's probably a lot of old threads he never got deleted before he suicided.  DA is still laying in the mud on a mountain looking down on Maggie Valley over open sights; still looking at the wrong hotel.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »

There's probably a lot of old threads he never got deleted before he suicided.  DA is still laying in the mud on a mountain looking down on Maggie Valley over open sights; still looking at the wrong hotel.

Someday you are going to have to elaborate and explain those of who are to young to have been here when "mfg" did whatever infamous deeds that made him famous!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »

Someday you are going to have to elaborate and explain those of who are to young to have been here when "mfg" did whatever infamous deeds that made him famous!

Oh my.  Mike was one who didn't so much march to a different drum but heard beats no one else did.  He tried hard. 

So very hard.

I may post a lot.  Mike was voluminous.  Cuts and pastes from lord knows where about god knows what covering damn near everything.  So far as finding data is concerned he invented what Dood does now.  Only he outDooded Dood by a factor of several billion.  If nothing else the boy could find data.

Of course he liked it if you thought the info was his.

And he had trouble being doubted.

Or questioned.

Or looked at.

Or thought about.

And he had stories of the road.  Did he ever.

But he only ever was known to have actually ridden twice during the time he was on the site.  He admitted to having borrowed friends' bikes (girl friends' bikes).  And wrecking them.  Two for two.

MFG finally got upset one day and proceeded to spend three or four days disappearing himself.  He had something like 15% of the posts for the entire board.  And he tried to delete them all.  He missed some.  When he got tired he deleted himself.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 08:20:45 PM »

Oh my.  Mike was one who didn't so much march to a different drum but heard beats no one else did.  He tried hard. 

So very hard.

I may post a lot.  Mike was voluminous.  Cuts and pastes from lord knows where about god knows what covering damn near everything.  So far as finding data is concerned he invented what Dood does now.  Only he outDooded Dood by a factor of several billion.  If nothing else the boy could find data.

Of course he liked it if you thought the info was his.

And he had trouble being doubted.

Or questioned.

Or looked at.

Or thought about.

And he had stories of the road.  Did he ever.

But he only ever was known to have actually ridden twice during the time he was on the site.  He admitted to having borrowed friends' bikes (girl friends' bikes).  And wrecking them.  Two for two.

MFG finally got upset one day and proceeded to spend three or four days disappearing himself.  He had something like 15% of the posts for the entire board.  And he tried to delete them all.  He missed some.  When he got tired he deleted himself.

And which of you pushed the button?   :nixweiss:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »

And which of you pushed the button?   :nixweiss:

Mike had the ability to get on just about everyone's nerves.  Not universal.  But close.  A little oddly he didn't always need an overt trigger though.  He could go random trajectory ballistic all on his own.  Perhaps it was the voices.

Truth be told in his last abort to orbit I don't remember anyone pushing his buttons.  He just rattled off the pad and away he went.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »

Mike had the ability to get on just about everyone's nerves.  Not universal.  But close.  A little oddly he didn't always need an overt trigger though.  He could go random trajectory ballistic all on his own.  Perhaps it was the voices.

Truth be told in his last abort to orbit I don't remember anyone pushing his buttons.  He just rattled off the pad and away he went.

Oh to reminisce of the good ole days  - must have been a combination of entertaining and exacerbating...(did I spell that right?)  I had seen many references to mfg in the past, but had never heard an explanation of the comments...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 08:34:54 PM »

Oh to reminisce of the good ole days  - must have been a combination of entertaining and exacerbating...(did I spell that right?)  I had seen many references to mfg in the past, but had never heard an explanation of the comments...

It certainly is a real testament to the man's effect that now maybe three years later he's still around as a verb form.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 08:35:53 PM »

It certainly is a real testament to the man's effect that now maybe three years later he's still around as a verb form.

As in "Go MFG yourself"?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »

And.....over some beers in a parking lot in the future, you can hear the rest of the story. CoolBlue was being diplomatic.  ??? har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 08:39:53 PM »

As in "Go MFG yourself"?

No, not really that form.  More like as in "he MFG'd himself."  Self deletion of a user account or one's posts.  Or "that was MFG'd."  As in to cut and paste something in without citation or support.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »

And.....over some beers in a parking lot in the future, you can hear the rest of the story. CoolBlue was being diplomatic.  ??? har!  :drink: spyder

:huepfenlol2: Dammit Spyder.  I really was trying to be nice and not venture toward the more unseemly parts of the history.  You really don't want to let a guy work to secure his place in heaven do ya?  :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 20 queries.