Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield Navigation Device  (Read 675 times)

Simplysql

Windshield Navigation Device
« on: May 14, 2014, 02:43:37 PM »

I've had my bike for about 3 months now - just got around to looking at the nav device - and really unimpressed.  I was thinking it would be cool to convert the holder on the windshield to an iphone holder - then could use Google Maps right off my phone - anybody else thought about or (better yet) done this? thanks!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Windshield Navigation Device
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

i hang my cell phone on the handlebar with a claw, blue tooth into my amp (2013 cvo roadking)
and hear google directions out of my speakers and display from the cell phone.  Audio is usually sufficient since you are presumably looking at the road when they are asking you to turn.
Works better than any of the 5+ Garmin gps units I have used.     
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Simplysql

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »

exactly - that's what I'm trying to accomplish.  The CVO Softail (my bike) doesn't have an amp or speakers - I could live with that - just would like to figure out a way to mount the phone on the GPS mount that comes standard on the CVO Softails....

King2013

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 06:08:41 PM »

i hang my cell phone on the handlebar with a claw, blue tooth into my amp (2013 cvo roadking)
and hear google directions out of my speakers and display from the cell phone.  Audio is usually sufficient since you are presumably looking at the road when they are asking you to turn.
Works better than any of the 5+ Garmin gps units I have used.   

How are you bluetoothing into the app?

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.