Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Took The Nana Into Brian (Rosey)  (Read 8809 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: Took The Nana Into Brian (Rosey)
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2006, 07:07:04 PM »

Another

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2006, 09:34:23 PM »

Mark, scrolling back up and seeing the PCIII on top of the ECM in one of the pictures reminded me of a question I'd wondered on earlier and forgotten to ask.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2006, 10:07:28 PM »

Don, really neither; I was thrilled with the job Golden did. It was a month or so later Brian did my deuce and he was more comfortable with the SERT so I went along with his recommendation. When I picked it up I was amazed to say the least. She smoothly runs like a missile now, occasionally I forget, twist it and have to hold on like hell. I really need a backrest, that baby will run off and leave me if I'm not careful. So when Brian wanted to replace the PC III w/ the SERT, it was an easy decision for me. [highlight]Plus JR blew me away at every stoplight so I had to do something. You know, it's a manly thing. [/highlight];D
Anyway if anyone wants the PC, let me know.
With my local dealer much more accustomed to the SERT, I'm going with what they are most comfortable with.

Awe Marky, Marky, Marky......I will be pecfectly satisfied to be in your mirrors when you get Gertie back. I'm perfectly satisfied in my Manhood! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2006, 10:13:08 PM »

OK 'dood, I can tap the dogs obedience class fees since he was kicked out due to constantly humping everything in site; french poodle, great dane, pug and the instructors leg. [highlight]So what else do I need?[/highlight]

Hey Mark

While I was there today I did see something else I would have done while Gertie is still in there. I would have him clean up the wires for your mp3 player and gps. Maybe he can run them on the inside. Whattaya Think?

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2006, 10:13:45 PM »

Awe Marky, Marky, Marky......I will be pecfectly [highlight]satisfied to be in your mirrors [/highlight]when you get Gertie back. I'm perfectly satisfied in my Manhood! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2006, 10:24:03 PM »

Hey Mark

While I was there today I did see something else I would have done while Gertie is still in there. I would have him clean up the wires for your mp3 player and gps. Maybe he can run them on the inside. Whattaya Think?

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Collierville did that, that and about 100 other reasons is why I only go to Whitten now. When I went to pick it up and saw what they had done with the wires, I told them that was pitiful and they told me that was the only way they could have done it. You are right, I need to have Whitten do the MP3 cable inside. As for the GPS cable, don't need it. After I had it installed I found out the H-D GPS did not interface with the 05 radio and allow a priority override.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2006, 11:51:59 PM »

Collierville did that, that and about 100 other reasons is why I only go to Whitten now. When I went to pick it up and saw what they had done with the wires, I told them that was pitiful and they told me that was the only way they could have done it. You are right, I need to have Whitten do the MP3 cable inside. As for the GPS cable, don't need it. After I had it installed I found out the H-D GPS did not interface with the 05 radio and allow a priority override.

If I remember right that's a little 90 degree plug at the end.  Might not ever get through the bars inside.  Could be nearly invisible to view though if it was just run along and strapped to the brake line.  Could then come up between the cap and inner right underneath the radio.  Hardly see any of it at all.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2006, 11:58:44 PM »

OMG Mark, I would have given Randy an ear full. I would also let Tim II know about it so you don't get double charged for it. They could have done a cleaner job for sure! Ask them if Tim Bumpus would accept that on his scooter. As much money as your spending I wouldn't pay for the redo of their shoddy work no matter which store done it! JMHO.

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2006, 11:58:57 PM »

Pictures can certainly be deceiving.  But that looks beautiful here in the photo.  That was one thing I was actually quite disappointed in with the work from Zippers.  They are not, nor do they advertise themselves to be a discount shop.  They put themselves out there as a top quality provider across the board.  And, quite frankly, the machine work on the heads they did for me was average; very average.

There was no final polish.  Straight from the CNC machine.  Definite texture remaining in the "smooth" surface.  The valve job itself also left the valves seated very deeply compared to what one would normally expect.

Don't get me wrong.  It wasn't "bad" work.  But it also was not beautiful work either.  Certainly wasn't what one would expect given their reputation and the way they present themselves.  Would imagine that many customers would open the boxes, see shiny new parts and think "damn, that's sweet."  Sweet it may have been.  But on the heads it was Splenda; not the good stuff.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2006, 12:05:36 AM »

If I remember right that's a little 90 degree plug at the end.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »

Exactly Don! 103T has one and his is neatly mounted. [highlight]In fact I believe he is going to move plug to the back.[/highlight] It gets my goat to see this type of work come out of a dealership and they give a lame excuse! >:(

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2006, 12:19:34 AM »

Don,
       Been running up and down this page of this thread comparing the pic JR posted at the top to the one Twolane posted down near the bottom and at first I was ready to swear it was the same picture. Then I started looking for what I'd expect to see in a HiPo head job and unless it's light shadow, the head in Twolane's pic looks like the Combustion Chamber is deeper ( or larger)  Don ?

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2006, 12:31:10 AM »

Don,
       Been running up and down this page of this thread comparing the pic JR posted at the top to the one Twolane posted down near the bottom and at first I was ready to swear it was the same picture. Then I started looking for what I'd expect to see in a HiPo head job and unless it's light shadow, the head in Twolane's pic looks like the Combustion Chamber is deeper ( or larger)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2006, 12:44:31 AM »

The combustion chamber work looks great, but what are those gouges in the bevel around the edge ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 12:46:15 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2006, 02:10:14 AM »

The combustion chamber work looks great, but what are those gouges in the bevel around the edge ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 02:13:39 AM by twolanerider »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 24 queries.