Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Finally decided to post this............  (Read 20465 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Finally decided to post this............
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2006, 07:45:05 PM »

Congrats on the spare....  not sure i'd leave the blue bike there...surely if the sales guys are that fked up..the service guys would scare me a little... ?

amazing how they will lose a 20k deal over a hunnerd bucks or whatever.... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

anyway...  nice bike .....   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2006, 04:09:03 AM »

Whoooo Hooooooooo!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Fantastic second bike.  What a great story.  thank you so very much for sharing and Congratulations.  You got a fantastic bike and I am so very impressed that you did not get all crazy emotional over the first deal.  Just wanted what had been agreed to, simply put and when they got silly, you walked.  Keep your head up and you obviously got the better deal.   ;) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2006, 09:10:53 AM »

Congrats on the spare....  [highlight]not sure i'd leave the blue bike there[/highlight]...surely if the sales guys are that fked up..the service guys would scare me a little... ?

amazing how they will lose a 20k deal over a hunnerd bucks or whatever.... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

anyway...  nice bike .....   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I even reminded them of that when they were treating me coo-coo over $100. Didn't matter. However, I have had some shakey times (like most here) at the service department. Showed my a$$ once or twice (thats why I tried real hard not to in this case). But the service manager and shop forman have looked past that in past dealings and we have really worked at building a relationship. Partially because of that and becasue of Terry (the man handling my repairs) I will leave it with them. Terry has worked hard to get the estimate up even after he was told it would probably not be doable until sometime in January when the parts catalog finally came out for the dealers. He found a way to get the numbers elsewhere and get an estiamte done. When I stopped in un-announced he took me to my bike and went over all the little things he saw and asked if there was anything else I needed done. He assurred me he wanted it back brand new as that was what it was at the time of the crash. So I feel good about it so far. Hope I do not have to come back on here and eat these words [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif], but I really think I won't have to. I was VERY tempted to go up there the very next day and pick it up though.... VERY....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:12:18 AM by Robmay »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »

Whoooo Hooooooooo!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Fantastic second bike.  [highlight]What a great story.  thank you so very much for sharing and Congratulations. [/highlight] You got a fantastic bike and [highlight]I am so very impressed that you did not get all crazy emotional over the first deal.[/highlight]  Just wanted what had been agreed to, simply put and when they got silly, you walked.  Keep your head up and you obviously got the better deal.   ;) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks Mrs We. I was a little concerned with the length of it but when I got done it didn't seem as long as it took me to type it (one finger hunt and pecking)!!

Anyone that knows me thinks it is a miracle that I did not get at least a little crazy! Probably due to the fact that I was by myself and there was no one to show off for! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

I did give them evry opportunity to save it. Even had my salesman make that call the morning after to see if calm heads would prevail but nothing doing. I am SO GLAD that I stuck to the agreement because I am SOLD OUT to the folks at Brandon HD (they own 3 dealerships, Brandon, Tampa and New Port Richey)!! They treated me above my expectations which is more than I was looking for. That is how you cecome successful in a service related business IMHO!!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2006, 09:23:02 AM »

Rob,
Outstanding!!! [highlight]Make sure you go (ride) back (on your new bike) to the dealer [/highlight](maybe after you get your SEUC2 back ;)) that was such a prick on trying to work a deal for you on your Road Glide so they can see you got one for what you wanted to pay. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Congrats on getting your (second) new scooter, and for the price you wanted.... Sweeeeet!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Thanks d00d!! Plan on ridng up there today just to say hello. ;)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2006, 09:25:39 AM »

\
Hell yes Rob. Good deal and good dealing. F the other. Awesome looking ride!!

Thanks bro!! I like the look of the bike. There was a time I thought it was the ugliest thing but with age I guess our tastes change! Rides so smooth. No vibration. Nice power curve....... I feel like I am cheating on my Smurf.  ;D

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2006, 09:29:17 AM »

Way to go Rob!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I absolutely love a Glide and Black is top color in my book!

[highlight]And when the good guy wins, its even better![/highlight] ;)

This is one, if not the only, time I feel absolutly perfect about how this all ended up. From how I walked to how I was picked up and handled by Brandon HD.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »

UPDATE! So far anyway. My collision rep at the HD shop said he was able to get the parts numbers for the painted parts and finalize the estimate. $7,300.00. Since that amount is over my insurance companies $6,000.00 "no look limit", they are sending an adjuster/rep out sometime Monday to look at her. My HD rep said that if the third phase is still in production it may work out in our favor as far as the time thing goes. I told him that as much I was aching to get back on my Smurf, I was going to purchase another bike to ride as a "spare" so I would not be rushing it. He said he wanted to get her back to new and perfect condition for me. So far he is saying all the right things anyway.

On the "spare" bike note. I TRIED (again) unsuccesfully, to purchase my spare from my local HD dealership (the same one that has my bike in for repairs). They are running a promotion for $1,000 below MSRP. Maybe if the sales manager, finance guy and GM wouldn't treat most people like a peice of Sh!t, they would not have to do that. But thats just my opinion.

I mention to my sales guy (great guy as are all the sales team there) that I may be in the market for a Road Glide to ride as I plan on my Smurf being down for at least 3 months. So he calls me Saturday and says come on down and lets work out the numbers. So I head down there and long story short (I know, too late for that) we ride a used one with 3200 miles (05) and a new one. New wins mine and my wifes vote hands down. Since they are $1,000 under MSRP I opt to try for that one.

So I pull the sales manager and my sales rep aside and ask for them to swap the wire wheels with some basic black ones as they charge $450 for the "upgrade" of the wire wheels (I am not a big fan of wire wheels because of the cleaning and tubes in them). They normally charge $200 to do this. I ask him to do it for no charge and I want free freight ($335 charge) as I have bought 3 bikes there in 3 years and have 3 freinds I referred that purchased 4 bikes between them over the last year. He said he would swap the wheels if I went with the black spoke and not the silver for no charge but could not do anything on the freight without checking with the owner (BS, but okay I'll play along). I told him that I would finance thru him if I could get "free freight".

Monday morning first thing my sales guy calls and says they will knock $100 off the freight and the swap for free. I said I will take the deal but I am getting my own financing as my deal was for "free" freight right? He said you are correct. So we ran thru the numbers on the phone and hung up.

When I went to buy the bike Tuesday evening, the numbers were off.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:30:14 PM by jegomez »

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTK
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2006, 10:51:12 AM »

Sweeeeeeet Road Glide.  Damn shame some people in the customer service business don't understand they are serving customers and should feel privileged that you are in their establishment.  Good luck with the new ride and great to hear you're back on two wheels.
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2006, 11:27:45 AM »

Rob, good for you man! These guys need to understand that, as their valued customers, they need to treat us with a little more respect. Some of them think they can get away with that "Good Cop, Bad Cop" or "Bait and Swith" routines. Some try to treat us like a bunch of idiots that don't have a clue, and will do anything they say because we want and love their bikes.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2006, 11:37:05 AM »

On the "spare" bike note. I TRIED (again) unsuccesfully, to purchase my spare from my local HD dealership (the same one that has my bike in for repairs).

So in a nutshell they were willing to lose a sale on a new vehicle to save $100.00?  Unbelievable.  Even if the honchos were as a big of dicks as you describe the salesman should have bright enough to save his commission by pulling a hundred bucks out of his pocket, hand it to you and say "hey man, I apologize, I don't understand it either, but this evens out the deal."

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2006, 12:00:21 PM »

congrats on the new glide, sounds like you got the right dealer in the end without even considering the price difference. [smiley=pineapple.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2006, 09:56:33 PM »

Hey Rob, sorry 'bout your accident.  Just glad that you're ok and esp. glad that you got another scooter so quickly (it's a good looking scooter) !!!!  Enjoyed hearing of how the deal went down to your credit on the RoadGlide.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2006, 11:04:08 AM »

typicle story, nicely writen. Thanks for sharing Rob. The price we pay to feel the wind.

Roy........

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2006, 07:55:40 PM »

Congrats Rob........was the first dealer OCALA?....thay are very difficult to deal with!!! I like so much this Road Glide......are you panning to upgrade to 110 kit? When are you coming over?

Ride safe mi amigo,

Jorge

Jorge,  Yes that was the dealer. I went there yesterday to pick up a backrest pad for the Shark and the sales manager wlaked by while I was talking to about 4 of the salesman and looked at me and turned away without saying a word. Then later walked right by me going into the buildin (within 3 feet) and again said nothing. some of the sales people want me to send a letter to the owner. I told them I probably would but that it would not mean a thing. This salesmanager has been this way for a long time. I am sure the owner has heard about him more than once by now.
I'll let you know when I can get your way!!

Rob
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 20 queries.