Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Finally decided to post this............  (Read 20396 times)

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Finally decided to post this............
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2006, 04:27:57 PM »

[highlight]
Hey Don, are you a displaced Norterner living in the South?[/highlight]

Mrs We- You nailed it. I was born and raised in Western Pa. We have lived in Fl since 1990.

Growing up, a "pop" was a soda. Then a "pop" became a beer. Even today, my older brother refers to a "pop" as a beer. When he says"let's get a pop", he doesn't mean root beer.

Don S

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2006, 04:36:28 PM »

Woodn't dat dare be one dem "Barley Pops"?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »

Rob,

Personally if they (Ocala) treated me that way as you have stated,  I would have had the trailer there that night or the next day and if your asking opinions my opinion is take the bike out of there no matter how hard Terry has worked unfortunately he is the victim, but why give the dealership the 50 percent markup from your insurance company.   Let the good guys reap the benefit for treating you right without having to make you feel the way you did at Ocala.

Just my thoughts on it.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2006, 06:21:15 PM »

Don,

Same owners as Ocala. Thats why I told the sales people that I don't think it will make any difference if I send in a letter. [highlight]The owners may inquire but the GM or sales manager will just say I am a Whiner and that they were already giving me the bike at $1,000 below MSRP and blah, blah, blah and that will be it so I don't think I will waste my time. When I take my Butt and my Buck elsewhere, that will speak the loudest.[/highlight]
I camp at Rock Crusher every summer when the scallops come into season. Well, I did one summer anyway doesn't that count for every summer?? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Let me know when you get up this way again and we can hook up for a "pop" of maybe even a diet coke!! ;D

The part of your story that is infuriating is their attitude towards you, not so much the $100.00.  I always push hard for the best deal, and if they don't go where I want to go, it gives me the choice of accepting what they offer or going elsewhere.  As long as they treat me like a customer and are respectful, I am fine with not always getting the deal I would like - because like I said, it becomes my choice to buy or not.  However, the first time papers flew across a table or name calling (whiner) commensed, we would have a whole new problem.  The gloves would come off and they would never see my money again.  Calm hard negotiating is one thing, but childish disrespectful behavior crosses the big line with me....

I am glad you bought your RG elsewhere - if it were me someone else would be repairing my SEUC...  I am glad you survived your accident with relatively minor injuries.  Things happen fast to the best of riders, don't they.  Good luck...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »

Harry and Scott,

I think you are absolutely right. Do you think there would be a charge for what time they have put into the bike up to this point and if so I guess I would be stuck with that. Guess they could get nasty about it on that end. What do you think?

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2006, 09:06:39 PM »

[highlight]Do you think there would be a charge for what time they have put into the bike up to this point[/highlight]

Rob
    Hanging on the wall at the local HD shop is a sign that states estimates will be charged at $75/hr. If it were me, and it is easy to say, I would pick up the bike and take it to Brandon HD where you are going to have a lasting relationship. I'd suck up the costs and move it.

Don S

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:10 AM »

Rob,

What did you sign?  If nothing than I can't see them charging you they forgot to do the paperwork oh well.   You might expect them to try and charge you for the estimate ok so you eat that might also try and charge you for the storage, but its not your fault parts aren't available.  Your insurance company may be able to help also.  They usually write the check to you and the dealership if its someone elses insurance the check generally goes to you the owner of the bike.  Not sure how this one works out, but its good to know those small details ahead of time if its already been paid out.  In my case the insurance company paid for the estimates / storage.  

I would also inform them that when they changed the deal on the bike you were buying they changed all the deals, when they threw paper work across the table at you they changed the relationship, when they belittled you they chose the disrespect.  Can't do business with someone I can't trust, cant rely on and don't respect.

If you didnt sign anything its easy if you signed something it may cost you a few bucks short term, but sounds like if your asking your already soured enough to sever the relationship.   Hopefully its a big enough statement that it gets back to the owners and many others find out about it.    

Also when my wifes bike was hit we were able to work out over a 10 percent off on parts deal I would check with Brandon on that as well :)

-Harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2006, 01:18:04 AM »

Harry's right   Fla law...no signed work order  cust pays 50 bucks and no more
1800 help fla   is the dept of agriculture who regulates repair shops...
Gene
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2006, 07:32:56 PM »

Jorge,
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:35:19 PM by jegomez »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2006, 09:19:14 AM »

NO! Raul is a slaesperson there. The same sales manager has been there for over three years that I know of. We will do!!

Rob

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2006, 08:35:17 PM »

NO! Raul is a slaesperson there. The same sales manager has been there for over three years that I know of. We will do!!

Rob

Are you feeling better? I mean with your leg....because you have a spare beautiful bike so must be  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Ride safe mi amigo,

Jorge

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2006, 10:15:58 PM »

Well Rob,

Did you leave the bike at Ocala or did you take it elsewhere?   How's it turning out either way, inquiring minds.  Did you take the road glide by there to rub their noses in it?

Do tell !!!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2006, 05:15:48 PM »

Are you feeling better? I mean with your leg....because you have a spare beautiful bike so must be  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Ride safe mi amigo,

Jorge

Jorge,

Yes I am Brother!! My leg is still pretty (?? :)) bruised but it hasn't hurt real bad in almost a week!! Keep me posted on that New years day ride!!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2006, 05:25:39 PM »

Well Rob,

Did you leave the bike at Ocala or did you take it elsewhere?   How's it turning out either way, inquiring minds.  Did you take the road glide by there to rub their noses in it?

Do tell !!!

Yes on both accounts. I was too far along on the repairs. Would have cost too much to move it. Plus Terry is a heck of a good guy to deal with ..........so far. I feel good about him. I stopped by and talked to him today and he really takes the time with me and my perception  (which is what matters at this point) is that he really cares to get it right.

After I took my road glide by I went back with a box of Saint Luis Rey Cigars and handed one to every person there (except the GM). When IO went to the finance guy I gave him one and said "no hard feelings." He said (hanging on to my hand shake) "hell man your gonna still buy a bike from us"............... I said (in my most humble voice) "sorry man I bought one already in Brandon from the same folks I bought my SE from". He said "no way at the same price?" I said "yep. they matched the price and gave me 20% on some upgrades I made". The look on his face was well worth any letter I could have written. I thought about sending a link to the owner so he could read this post. I saw him today while I was there checking on the Smurf (she sure looked pretty, had to give her a hug while I was there).

Rob

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

Yes on both accounts. I was too far along on the repairs. Would have cost too much to move it. Plus Terry is a heck of a good guy to deal with ..........so far. I feel good about him. I stopped by and talked to him today and he really takes the time with me and my perception
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.