Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Finally decided to post this............  (Read 20682 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Finally decided to post this............
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2006, 10:39:19 PM »

Rob, first logon since Friday morning and just saw your post.  Man that is scary but I am so glad you are OK.  Just like J Carolyn and me in MV someone up there was lookin' out for you for sure.  Don't sweat the small stuff (and it really is all  small stuff), just get well and keep smiling.  We are all thinkin' about you and praying for you buddy.

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Bagger

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »

Rob,
Glad to hear you are OK.  That little bone in your lower leg is a fibula.  I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.   ;D  Just kidding.  The only reason I know that is because my daughter had a bone graft almost two years ago, and her left fibula was harvested and used as the graft bone.  It is amazing what those medical folks can do these days.  She walks very well without it.  Anyway, just wanted to pass along my well wishes.  Best Blessing to ya Bro!

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2006, 11:26:20 PM »

WOW, glad your safe and sound. Get well soon and good luck on the repairs.
Andy

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2006, 03:35:46 AM »

Rob - Glad to hear you are ok, fantastic ridding by not going down - I'm sure it was not easy!  Speedy recovery to you & the bike.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2006, 07:18:20 PM »

Rob,
Glad to hear you are OK.  That little bone in your [highlight]lower leg is a fibula[/highlight].  I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.   ;D  Just kidding.  The only reason I know that is because my daughter had a bone graft almost two years ago, and her left fibula was harvested and used as the graft bone.  It is amazing what those medical folks can do these days.  She walks very well without it.  Anyway, just wanted to pass along my well wishes.  Best Blessing to ya Bro!

Funny you should post this as my foot Dr told me the same today. He was a little miffed that the express care place let me go with a prescription for an "air boot" and some pain pills (neither of which have been filled yet as I am too busy trying to get a replacement ride... ;D) seriously though, the places they sent me to do not have such a boot. My foot doc said to bring him the erays asap in the morning and he will determine what I need and he can put a removable cast on it right there if need be (just remove to shower and , ..er.... ride...).

Not to short change everuone that has posted but I am sure everyone is tired of me takking up web spave and strecthing this thread out with all the individual replies...... Thank you all from the top and bottom of my heart for all of your kind words and gestures of good thoughts, prayers and well wishes!! It really means so much to me. This is a super place. Never seen anything like it. No bickering and name calling, just good old fashioned advice and opinions and experience. I am so lucky to have found this place!!

Rob

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2006, 08:42:24 PM »

None of us could ever get tired/upset/bored with you answering the heart felt "get well" comments of members if you wish to.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2006, 07:50:09 AM »

Jorge,

Thanks so much amigo!! We will have to ride sometime when shes back on the road.

Rob

Sure we will ride together soon....meanwhile, please take care of yourself and get well soon.....if you need something remember that I am a couple of hours away from you...... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Your amigo Jorge

harleydiva

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2006, 08:07:34 AM »

Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your accident but SO glad you were not seriously hurt and are in good spirits.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Take care.

Suzanne

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2006, 09:12:54 AM »

Glad to here you are ok the bike is another story but thats why we have insurance.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2006, 02:51:49 PM »

Well............... This past Thursday afternoon I left from a gas station after just filling up. Headed west on a 4 lane highway with no median. I came out and took the inside lane as I was approaching an intersection and the right lane is a turn/staright lane. I notice the cross guard is flashing and showing 14 seconds left before yellow so I have plenty of green and go ahead and accelerate and shift on up. Right as I get into the intersection the car just ahead by a half car lenght and to the right of me in the outside lane cuts into my lane to avoid hitting a truck that failed to yiels the right on red and cut into her barely tapping her rear passenger side door. She was there in over half of my lane. I had no choice but to hit the left front of her car as my only other option was to hit the cars waiting to turn left (facing me heading the opposite direction).

The right front leg faring and crash bar hit first (and slightly into my right leg), the the passenger floorboard was the next to go and it flew into the side cover and then the lock side of the touring pak. Then the saddlebag guard and the saddle bag hit her front tire pushing it up towards the tour pak. Sp pretty much the whole right side will need to be replaced along with the gas tank (the leg faring pushed up into that as well). The lady driving the truck that caused the whole mess ended up leaving the scene and was never caught. No citations were issued although the girl that veered into my lane was at fault for my damage according to my insurance company. They said to take my bike wherever I wanted and get the process started. I took it to my local dealer. My insuramce company (Markel Bike-Line) called the next day and gave me a claim number and let me know they will pay for the damages less my deductable ($500) and then submit to her company for reimbursement for their cost and my deductable.

I went to the Express Care place and got an xray of my leg to be on the safe side. Although I hated the wait I was glad I went as the little bone in my leg (tibia??) is broken in two places. I will get some kinf of air boot Monday for it. It hurts some but I can walk on it fine.

Very glad to here you're okay,
 but your jester looks bad

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »

Rob,

Having shattered the Fibula sucks but the good news is its not weight bearing.  From current experience I can tell you to go buy tennis socks (peds ?) that only come up to your ankle bone.   If you wear tube socks they will dig in a bit and really aggrivate you.

Glad your doing ok and sorry to hear about bike its a shame, but the good news is that it can be fixed and your here to tell us about it.  Nice job keeping it on two wheels that is a feat in itself.

Get well and I feel your pain literally :)

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2006, 09:13:07 PM »

[highlight]Glad your doing ok and sorry to hear about bike its a shame, but the good news is that it can be fixed and your here to tell us about it.  Nice job keeping it on two wheels that is a feat in itself. [/highlight]

I echo what Harry posted above. I'd recommend getting a consult with an ortho-surgeon just in case, those fractures can really cause havoc if not set properly and the socks/pain killers treatment is lacking it seems.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Pap

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:40 AM »

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.  Hope your leg heals well.  I guess all considered it could have been worse so be thankfull of that.  I'll bet you feel worse due to the damage of your bike than you do from your leg.  Get her fixed and back in the wind.

Ride Safe,
Pap
There are risks and costs to a program of action.  But they are far less than the long range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »

Whoa Rob!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:16:38 PM by Flying_Ace »
CVO Limited

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2006, 05:49:21 PM »

Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your accident but SO glad you were not seriously hurt and are in good spirits.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Take care.

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne! :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 24 queries.