Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Finally decided to post this............  (Read 20310 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Finally decided to post this............
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2006, 05:50:13 PM »

Glad to here you are ok the bike is another story but thats why we have insurance.

Mr Magoo,

Thats for sure! Thanks!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2006, 05:53:26 PM »

Rob,

Having shattered the Fibula sucks but the good news is its not weight bearing.  From current experience I can tell you to go buy tennis socks (peds ?) that only come up to your ankle bone.   [highlight]If you wear tube socks they will dig in a bit and really aggrivate you.
[/highlight]
Glad your doing ok and sorry to hear about bike its a shame, but the good news is that it can be fixed and your here to tell us about it.  Nice job keeping it on two wheels that is a feat in itself.

Get well and I feel your pain literally :)

-harry

You are so abosolutely right on that one Harry. Today is the first day of no constant pain.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2006, 05:54:38 PM »

[highlight]Glad your doing ok and sorry to hear about bike its a shame, but the good news is that it can be fixed and your here to tell us about it.  Nice job keeping it on two wheels that is a feat in itself. [/highlight]

I echo what Harry posted above. I'd recommend getting a consult with an ortho-surgeon just in case, those fractures can really cause havoc if not set properly and the socks/pain killers treatment is lacking it seems.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Joe

Got a second opinion and all is well at this time. Thanks for your suggestions!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2006, 05:55:40 PM »

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.  Hope your leg heals well.  I guess all considered it could have been worse so be thankfull of that.  I'll bet you feel worse due to the damage of your bike than you do from your leg.  Get her fixed and back in the wind.

Ride Safe,
Pap

Thanks Pap! I should know something soon.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2006, 05:57:05 PM »

Whoa Rob!!  I don't know how I missed this post!  

I'm glad you're OK!  Sounds like you did a great job of saving what could have been a much worse scenario.

Having been there myself, one thing is for sure and that is sheet metal, plastic and chrome can be replaced.  Thank your guardian angel for the assist on that one.

Best wishes on yours and the Smurf's return to action!

Scott

No sweat Scott! Could have been a lot worse. I am so thankful it was pretty much the bike that took the brunt of it all. Thanks for the wishes!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »

Thanks Pap! I should know something soon.
I know you're speaking of repairs to your SEUC2, but you also mentioned something about looking into getting a Road Glide too. How/what is the outcome of that?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2006, 06:44:37 PM »

UPDATE! So far anyway. My collision rep at the HD shop said he was able to get the parts numbers for the painted parts and finalize the estimate. $7,300.00. Since that amount is over my insurance companies $6,000.00 "no look limit", they are sending an adjuster/rep out sometime Monday to look at her. My HD rep said that if the third phase is still in production it may work out in our favor as far as the time thing goes. I told him that as much I was aching to get back on my Smurf, I was going to purchase another bike to ride as a "spare" so I would not be rushing it. He said he wanted to get her back to new and perfect condition for me. So far he is saying all the right things anyway.

On the "spare" bike note. I TRIED (again) unsuccesfully, to purchase my spare from my local HD dealership (the same one that has my bike in for repairs). They are running a promotion for $1,000 below MSRP. Maybe if the sales manager, finance guy and GM wouldn't treat most people like a peice of Sh!t, they would not have to do that. But thats just my opinion.

I mention to my sales guy (great guy as are all the sales team there) that I may be in the market for a Road Glide to ride as I plan on my Smurf being down for at least 3 months. So he calls me Saturday and says come on down and lets work out the numbers. So I head down there and long story short (I know, too late for that) we ride a used one with 3200 miles (05) and a new one. New wins mine and my wifes vote hands down. Since they are $1,000 under MSRP I opt to try for that one.

So I pull the sales manager and my sales rep aside and ask for them to swap the wire wheels with some basic black ones as they charge $450 for the "upgrade" of the wire wheels (I am not a big fan of wire wheels because of the cleaning and tubes in them). They normally charge $200 to do this. I ask him to do it for no charge and I want free freight ($335 charge) as I have bought 3 bikes there in 3 years and have 3 freinds I referred that purchased 4 bikes between them over the last year. He said he would swap the wheels if I went with the black spoke and not the silver for no charge but could not do anything on the freight without checking with the owner (BS, but okay I'll play along). I told him that I would finance thru him if I could get "free freight".

Monday morning first thing my sales guy calls and says they will knock $100 off the freight and the swap for free. I said I will take the deal but I am getting my own financing as my deal was for "free" freight right? He said you are correct. So we ran thru the numbers on the phone and hung up.

When I went to buy the bike Tuesday evening, the numbers were off.  ::) They were trying to charge me for the wire wheels. So the finance guy gets the sales manager (who was in the very next room listening to the whole thing) and I leave them to sort it out.

I go get some popcorn and hang out with some of the other guys. A few minutes later my sales guy comes to get me. When I walk in the room the sales manager starts ranting about the deal and that he told me he would waive the LABOR on the swap NOT the up charge for the wire wheels ::) So I said "look Mark, thats not the deal we made Saturday. Why would I want to pay for an "upgrade" that I was having you take off?" So he swats the paperwork across the desk and storms out of the room past me telling the finance guy to take it off and something about $100. So I say thank you and of course he says nothing and the deal resumes.

The numbers are still, slightly off. They were now trying to charge me full freight. I told the finance guy that the deal was for $235 on the freight. He says "OH NO! YOU SAID "THANK YOU" WHEN MARK SAID TO TACK THE $100 BACK ON THE FREIGHT!" I said "look Kenny, I did not understand half of what Mark said when he huffed out of the room and YOU were not there Saturday when we made the deal so you need to keep your mouth closed about it." So then Mark storms back in and I ask him about the freight. He said "I'm not giving you the hundred off the freight if you are not paying the $450." I again said "The deal was simply this: swap the wheels for black aluminum ones therefore taking the upgraded ones off, no chage on the swap and $100 off the freight." He and the finance guy then started ranting between themselves and the finance guy throws his pen across the desk and says "We're done! We're done!" So I asked my salesman to excuse me and left. I stayed and tried to work it out. Some of the other staff tried to get the GM to speak with me and he asked them "what I was whinning about?" That was it. I left.

Sooooooooooooo................. I went back to the FINE folks at BRANDON HD (100 miles south) and bought my spare bike last night!! Their PDI is $200 less than my local delaer, includes the 1000 mile service and I got a GREAT deal since this was only the second bike I bought from them in 2 months. Mike Rendine (Internet Sales Manager) has done nothing but bend over backwards for me. All the folks at the Brandon store last night were out of their way freindly and helpful! Hats off to them all!! I cannot say enough about them all! Really. I'm serious.
So without further ado.........
 [smiley=worthless.gif]

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2006, 06:46:23 PM »

Sorry it was getting dark but I wanted to get some on for you right away. The sheild is about 6 inches lower than stock MAYBE a mistake as the wind was in my ears a little more agressive than I like last night on the ride home.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2006, 06:47:44 PM »

Did you notice it has the right silver aluminum wheels on it?? ;) AND it has the upgraded paint (BC). The one at Ocal HD was plan Vivid Black.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »

It rides so smooth!!!!! Nice 100 mile ride home last night.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2006, 06:49:38 PM »

Got some Kerker muffs on order for her should be in Monday!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2006, 06:50:22 PM »

one more....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2006, 07:01:47 PM »

UPDATE! ......

Sooooooooooooo................. I went back to the FINE folks at BRANDON HD (100 miles south) and bought my spare bike last night!! Their PDI is $200 less than my local delaer, includes the 1000 mile service and I got a GREAT deal since this was only the second bike I bought from them in 2 months. Mike Rendine (Internet Sales Manager) has done nothing but bend over backwards for me. All the folks at the Brandon store last night were out of their way freindly and helpful! Hats off to them all!! I cannot say enough about them all! Really. I'm serious.
So without further ado.........
 [smiley=worthless.gif]
Rob,
Outstanding!!! Make sure you go (ride) back (on your new bike) to the dealer (maybe after you get your SEUC2 back ;)) that was such a prick on trying to work a deal for you on your Road Glide so they can see you got one for what you wanted to pay. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Congrats on getting your (second) new scooter, and for the price you wanted.... Sweeeeet!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:03:55 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2006, 07:34:46 PM »

Rob,
Outstanding!!! Make sure you go (ride) back (on your new bike) to the dealer (maybe after you get your SEUC2 back ;)) that was such a prick on trying to work a deal for you on your Road Glide so they can see you got one for what you wanted to pay. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Congrats on getting your (second) new scooter, and for the price you wanted.... Sweeeeet!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

\
Hell yes Rob. Good deal and good dealing. F the other. Awesome looking ride!!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »

Way to go Rob!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I absolutely love a Glide and Black is top color in my book!

And when the good guy wins, its even better! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.