Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: V&H power duals ... high outputs ??  (Read 7277 times)

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
Re: V&H power duals ... high outputs ??
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »

Another one...

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »

I have the Power Duals and run the Monster Ovals with them.  I am really happy with the set up, deep tone, stereo friendly on the interstate but plenty loud when I get on it.  I have a buddy with a 2014 Ultra Limited running the Power Duals and High Outputs, it sounds good under acceleration and they are stereo and group riding friendly. 
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 05:15:04 PM »

Thankyou for the replies and pics. Little more research and I'll post what I will use.

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »

I had the High Outputs added @ the dealer. Ended up with Fullsac and could have saved bunches of $$$ by leaving the stock. Instead, I had to pay extra for my "vanity pipes". Vance & Hines is very well known in the regular Harley Community but the guys here, from what I've learned over the past few years put their money to the right product. Steve George of Fullsac Performance is a great guy, very helpful, and has a "niche" market to people, mainly, who have CVOs, they don't need extra names on the pipe. They get super results with Fullsac. I'm very happy with the advice, wish I would have heard it before dropping $600 or so on slip ons I didn't need, plus HD service labor costs. TTS tuner & cam change make a big difference with the DX header.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

MDW

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 01:53:27 PM »

I just installed on my 2014 CVO Limited the V&H Power Duals, Monster Ovals, SE Tuner and K&N Filter and increased 10HP and 12TQ.  ALso a very hot day for the Dyno at 95.83 degrees.  At a 5,200 foot altitude with these temps, the density altitude was 14,806 feet.  Would have loved to see the results on a 70 degree day.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:57:00 PM by MDW »
Mike
2014 CVO Limited

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 02:26:17 PM »

I just installed on my 2014 CVO Limited the V&H Power Duals, Monster Ovals, SE Tuner and K&N Filter and increased 10HP and 12TQ.  ALso a very hot day for the Dyno at 95.83 degrees.  At a 5,200 foot altitude with these temps, the density altitude was 14,806 feet.  Would have loved to see the results on a 70 degree day.
what you might lose because of elevation you gain it all back and more for the beauty you get to ride in.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »

I had the V&H power duals on my 09 Road King and liked them quite a bit. There war plenty of other engine mods like 103, SERT, HC pistons  cams ect.ect. and on and on. With the Rush mufflers I thought the sounded great but after some years I got tired of the noise. When I drove one of the new bikes stock to feel the new ride I was amazed at how quiet it was. I actually liked it. It is some much more relaxing to cruise in the quiet rumble than blast ears and others alike. I feel differently about a louder day bike that is built for more excitement.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »

Well... I went with the V&H power dual header pipe and High output mufflers....it knocks my right heel off the floor boards !! V&H is sending another spacer kit out. Seems they have different specs. The heat shield is hitting the floor boards on every bump in the road. The CVO has a beefier mount bracket and some of the cutouts aren't the same. So now waiting for the spacers. But it does sound nice.
 Thanx again for all who replied.

Smithbss

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »

What it looks like with Power duals and Monster rounds

Hey jpdchicago-

I was looking at your picture, thanks for that, and the setup looks like the pipes are a bit lower than your floorboards now. I was wondering if you lost cornering clearance with the x pipe setup?

Sadly, I'm already draggin the boards sometimes in the stock setup. I live in North Georgia though, i.e. the best motorcycle roads I have ever had the pleasure of riding, with the dragon tail and gauntlet all within a few hours.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »

Hey jpdchicago-

I was looking at your picture, thanks for that, and the setup looks like the pipes are a bit lower than your floorboards now. I was wondering if you lost cornering clearance with the x pipe setup?

Sadly, I'm already draggin the boards sometimes in the stock setup. I live in North Georgia though, i.e. the best motorcycle roads I have ever had the pleasure of riding, with the dragon tail and gauntlet all within a few hours.

I have not had any issues yet but I have only about 300 miles since I installed the headers and we do not have too many tight curves in the Chicago area. I did go through some series of sharp turns in the ravines along Lake Michigan (rated at 15mph) at over twice the speed limit without scraping.  I will find out over the summer...
Most people who have had issues with the Power duals had them with the Power dual-Monster Ovals setup as the ovals do scrape in sharp turns. The Monster Rounds do not.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.