Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: Hoist by his own petard !  (Read 7847 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Hoist by his own petard !
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2006, 11:35:40 AM »

Hoist,

I sure wish you'd make up your mind on pipes, cuz mine is shipping Friday, supposably, and I haven't decided. Ovals, Rineys or S&S.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2006, 11:43:30 AM »

I voted 1K service will bring big changes.  And 1K can be achieved easily in one week.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  ;)  ;D

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2006, 11:46:56 AM »

I voted 1K service will bring big changes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »

One thing you might want to consider about the V&H TD's. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but someone who posts on this site, and probably has the most knowledge of the Auto-Tune possible, told me that he was visiting a local shop and they were installing a set of V&H TD's on a bike, and the location of the bung on the rear pipe was so scrood up, that the mechanic had to fab up a piece of pipe to thread into the bung for leverage and change the direction the bung was pointing to keep the O2 sensor from hitting the starter motor.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2006, 12:03:44 PM »

I've had my B&O for 3 weeks now but have just been reading and learning 'cause I've made no decisions yet.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »

So your'e talking about the 16737 V&H True Duals; the new part number for the 07s?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »

No this isn't my first HD.I just had to tell the wife those things to explain the amount of money my bike cost.Looking forward to hooking up with ya this spring.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2006, 01:54:10 PM »

There's the rub Hoist, just about everything.

[highlight]May I suggest one safety consideration for you, the turn/brake taillight conversion.[/highlight]

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2006, 01:59:40 PM »

You haven't seen some of these ladies (SE06 comes to mind) on this site ride. :o [highlight]This lady can ride, and ride fast (up to 99.9 mph ;)[/highlight] I think that is what I remember). Just wait until she rides up beside you and gives you that devilish smile and cracks the throttle. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

d00d, I have seen some awsome riding ladies! If you read my post, I include the ladies in my "real men riding hard" comment. They're considered "real men" also. Real men not meaning MAN, just not posers!

With some of the builds I've been reading about here, 99.9 mph doesn't cut it anymore. Didn't is see a 20-145 test coming up somewhere here? 8-)

Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2006, 02:02:02 PM »

Don, I got 'em right where I want 'em. 41% say cave b/4 dely!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2006, 02:07:51 PM »

One thing you might want to consider about the V&H TD's. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but someone who posts on this site, and probably has the most knowledge of the Auto-Tune possible, told me that he was visiting a local shop and [highlight]they were installing a set of V&H TD's on a bike, and the location of the bung on the rear pipe was so scrood up, that the mechanic had to fab up a piece of pipe to thread into the bung for leverage and change the direction the bung was pointing to keep the O2 sensor from hitting the starter motor.[/highlight]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »

I've had my B&O for 3 weeks now but have just been reading and learning 'cause I've made no decisions yet.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

I voted 1K service will bring big changes.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »

Ultra, given that there were so many missteps in the information delivery of and promises surrounding the autotune I was completely ready to believe that it might not have been ready for Prime Time when it was finally pushed out the door.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2006, 02:22:34 PM »

Yes, that's what he said.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 25 queries.