Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Currently broke down in southern Indiana  (Read 14808 times)

Bigfoot16

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic SE
Re: Currently broke down in southern Indiana
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 09:33:02 PM »

My God! I'm pulled over on the shoulder of I 80 on the Iowa/Illinois border! I've NEVER been in a storm of this magnitude in my 40 years!

Man, you are sure having some challenges making it home.  Be safe.
[img] C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\dragon.png

mamacdonald

• my cvo
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 09:47:38 PM »

Sorry to hear about your troubles making it home.  Been to Manns hd several times...hopefully they take care of you as I think they will.  Hopefully you and the wife had a good time in the smokies.    :pineapple:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 10:11:48 PM »

Thank you everyone. I made it through some how.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »

Get some rest brother, you have had quite an experience, we all are thankful that you are safe and home.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »

Damn...sorry to hear that.  Not the first time we've heard of that failure, is it...   :(

No, not at all.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »

Just got home. Long long day. Up 21 hours. Night all.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 05:54:11 AM »

Off exit 50 seymour area. Bike just quit after off ramp. Threw a code for neutral safety switch? Cranks won't start. Had a local tow company come out to take me to mann's hd up the road about 30 miles but he had a flatbed and we couldn't make the ramp almost dropped the bike on its side. GRRRR. Had the bike by the handlebars the weight caused my bars to pull all the way back!

HD not open until 9. I'm right on the shoulder of I 65 facing North. Any members in the area? Feeling frustrated.

Jesse

Do you have Roadside Assistance?
I added it to my Dairyland Policy 2 years ago. It cost me and extra $5.00.
I had a breakdown at Laconia and called them. Turns out Dairyland contracts Road America. I cannot say enough positive things about their service. Picked my wife and I up along with the bike. Dropped the Bike off at local HD Dealer and then took us to Rental Car and Local Transportation. The Service makes sure that tow comes ready for Motorcycles and call back after the 1 hour time for pickup given to confirm you were picked up.All at No Charge to me
Well worth the Annual $5.00 extra charge.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I know the feeling. Hopefully they get you back out on the highways soon.

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2014, 06:10:11 AM »

Glade you made it home Brother !!!!! Relax a little now.
DND

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2014, 06:19:46 AM »

Glad you made it home.  I know the weather got real bad,,  glad you didn't ride thru any of that.   Bike will get fixed,   You're good.  So that should make things somewhat easier.   Talk soon.  Stuart.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »

Just wondering how the warranty was still in affect with the change of cams being done.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »

Glad you weren't on your scooter when you hit that rain. Good to hear you are getting takin care of. Still sucks to leave your bike. I am another one that had a stuck rear exhaust valve on my 07 when I still had the 110 in place and had $1800 in headwork from Dan Baisley. I carried them to him and he took care of that. The guides and seals failed twice before it was fixed and put back together and placed in a box where it resides today problem free ever since.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »

Just wondering how the warranty was still in affect with the change of cams being done.
Problem wasn't related to cam change. It was due to failing OEM parts. Many dealers may wiggle out of taking care of us by claiming that the cam change caused the issue. Fortunately, there are still some sprinkled around that provide true customer service and I am VERY fortunate to land where I did.

What happened was my rear exhaust valve stuck open and it was far enough open that the intake valve clipped it when trying to shut.  The intake valve was bent and wouldn't seat. Upon inspection they discovered play in the guides. Carbon build up and play in the exhaust guide caused the failure.

Not only are they correcting the rear cylinder, they are tearing down the front to see if it is out of tolerance and correcting that as well.

Jesse

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »

Just reading this, haven't been on in a day, the weather was bad here just NW of indy on the 74.  Sorry to hear of your breakdown, you could have stayed with us a few days till they fix the bike....Sorry I didn't see this earlier...We just took a ride down to that dealer a few weeks ago, about 2 hrs south of us, seems like a nice place, I'm sure they will do right by you....Good Luck and if you need anything when you go back message me, OK?
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »

Good to hear they are on it. Are there better valve guides that should be used? And are they the same or upgraded since 07? Maybe one of the motor dudes will chime in.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 11:45:10 AM »

Good to hear they are on it. Are there better valve guides that should be used? And are they the same or upgraded since 07? Maybe one of the motor dudes will chime in.

Rooster you bring up a great point. I am calling the tech now to see if replacing some of the stock components with higher quality options is in order.

Jesse

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.