Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Currently broke down in southern Indiana  (Read 14845 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Currently broke down in southern Indiana
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2014, 12:01:55 AM »

I guess no one mentioned the new blue ones don,t have valve problems! they are a little faster also. you had a great trip!! the pictures say that!! you and the bsr arrived home safely!! a little dealer work some new plans and another adventure. you have a lot to be thankful for. oh yeah thanks for sharing all the photos!!
I have more to share in the future. 

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:56 AM »

Well I just got off the phone with Mr. John Sachs. I have decided to ditch the factory heads in favor of some "touched up" heads he had laying around. When one door closes another door opens  :P

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »

Jesse,

I'm not an expert on the 110 motors but I read somewhere that the big motors will carbon up from lugging the motor. It stated that we can do more harm to the motor by not keeping the RPM's ups. They said to run between 2600 & 3000 RPM's.

So I've changed the way I run my CVO & run 5th gear most of the time. 6th gear usually at interstate speeds of 75+.

We just got back from the same area you were in & found myself shifting into 6th gear below said RPMs & then down shifted to 5th. I will try & find the information on lugging & carbon build up & then pass it on. I know somebody else has seen this write up or can give us more info on the subject.

Sorry to hear about the break down so far from home. After it is all fixed & back home in the garage it will be something that you will be able talk about your trip. Back in 2001, 2000 miles from home I blew a head gasket on my FLT EVO, 100 miles out of Sturgis. I had it trailered into Sturgis & we rebuilt it in the camp ground. We had it running by 9am the next morning. No down time for that Evo! It got me back to Florida & I didn't tear it down until 2004.To this day my friends & I still talk about rebuilding it in Sturgis.

Get it rebuilt & ride it!
I'm still riding that old FLT 23 +years!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:02:57 PM by danner55 »
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »

Jesse,

I'm not an expert on the 110 motors but I read somewhere that the big motors will carbon up from lugging the motor. It stated that we can do more harm to the motor by not keeping the RPM's ups. They said to run between 2600 & 3000 RPM's.

So I've changed the way I run my CVO & run 5th gear most of the time. 6th gear usually at interstate speeds of 75+.

We just got back from the same area you were in & found myself shifting into 6th gear below said RPMs & then down shifted to 5th. I will try & the information on lugging & carbon build up & then pass it on. I know somebody else has seen this write up or can give us more info on the subject.

Sorry to hear about the break down so far from home. After it is all fixed & back home in the garage it will be something that you will be able talk about your trip. Back in 2001, 2000 miles from home I blew a head gasket on my FLT EVO, 100 miles out of Sturgis. I had it trailered into Sturgis & we rebuilt it in the camp ground. We had it running by 9am the next morning. No down time for that Evo! It got me back to Florida & I didn't tear it down until 2004.To this day my friends & I still talk about rebuilding it in Sturgis.

Get it rebuilt & ride it!
I'm still riding that old FLT 23 +years!

Thanks for the tip. I usually ride 2400-2800 I will have to bump that up a bit.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »

Well I just got off the phone with Mr. John Sachs. I have decided to ditch the factory heads in favor of some "touched up" heads he had laying around. When one door closes another door opens  :P

Smart move.
 :2vrolijk_21:
Is the Harley shop giving you credit for the stock parts?
And don't forget to have them check the tensioners?

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »

They are shipping the cores to Sachs. I am paying John for the heads and they are covering labor.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2014, 12:40:16 PM »

Send them heads to TR he knows what to do to them :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2014, 12:49:43 PM »

Send them heads to TR he knows what to do to them :2vrolijk_21:
Who's that?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »

TR Reiser, a.k.a., T-Man.  Sachs knows a thing or two, also.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »

They are shipping the cores to Sachs. I am paying John for the heads and they are covering labor.
.   I knew you wouldn't be upset over this lill hicup too long... May be send those jugs off with them heads... No better time than now
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »

I'm limited on time. My window is short I need the bike back by Wednesday. I'm in a rental and no time off of work.

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2014, 06:17:40 PM »

Jesse,

Don't know the other guy. But John Sachs is a personal friend and have had him do work on personal bikes as well as others like Stu and just about everyone in the South and I have NEVER heard a complaint or a break down. You are in good hands my brother. See you in Sturgis for the 75th Anniv in 2015. Tell Mamma, MAri and I send our best
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2014, 06:21:38 PM »

Jesse,

Don't know the other guy. But John Sachs is a personal friend and have had him do work on personal bikes as well as others like Stu and just about everyone in the South and I have NEVER heard a complaint or a break down. You are in good hands my brother. See you in Sturgis for the 75th Anniv in 2015. Tell Mamma, MAri and I send our best

Bri! Long time bro! Yes 75th rally is a go brother! Sachs is taking good care of me! Heads will be in the mail tomorrow I had to shell out some serious coin to get them to the dealer by Monday because of the holiday. I don't trust the stock components so I figured it was time to upgrade. Bike should run even better when all said and done. When you guys are ready to book a place to stay next year let me know and we will stay in the same area.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »

Jesse, Good golly I just read this and I'm so relieved that you and bike are ok.  Of all the things to happen to your sweet ride, that one pretty much sucks!  Sounds like you have a plan and I'm sure all will work out for the best.   ;D 
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2014, 10:11:44 PM »

Jesse, Good golly I just read this and I'm so relieved that you and bike are ok.  Of all the things to happen to your sweet ride, that one pretty much sucks!  Sounds like you have a plan and I'm sure all will work out for the best.   ;D 
Aww Thanks Judy! Just trying to turn a bad thing into a good thing. Looks like in the end I'm getting an unplanned performance upgrade!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.