Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New Exhaust by D and D  (Read 11447 times)

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
Re: New Exhaust by D and D
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »

Is there a baffle in it?  Can you choose the baffle you want?
there is only one kind of baffle for this exhaust and they call  it Vortex Baffle 2" Louvered wrapped inter core...

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »

there is only one kind of baffle for this exhaust and they call  it Vortex Baffle 2" Louvered wrapped inter core...

Thank you.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 09:28:32 AM »

You still loving your Stubby Cat?

Any issues...good or bad?

thanks

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 03:42:40 PM »

I guess I'm probably alone on this one but my opinion for what little it is worth is that it just doesn't look all that great to me.  It says look at me I'm short and loud as hell.  It's great when we get to customize our own bikes to suite our taste but sometimes we just make the industry look bad, and I'm guilty of that one.  I'm not saying this one does but I know my Bassani Road Rage is way to loud when it's cracked open.  I replaced the 12" shocks with 13" and I still drag & grind the exhaust among other parts.  The way that one looks it would be ground down in no time.  This winter the Bassani's come off & get replaced with something like what Steve @ GMR recommends for the S&S 124".  Crusher Mellows sound more to my liking than Bassani Road Rage!  I do have to add that sometimes just having a bike sit there is not a true representation of the sound.  I like the test when they do a drive by at different speeds, then you get to hear what other people do when you drive by.  It all boils down to if you like it than that's all that matters, after all it's your bike & your money. 

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 11:18:05 PM »

You still loving your Stubby Cat?

Any issues...good or bad?

thanks
love it , sound is a killer

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 11:24:19 PM »

I guess I'm probably alone on this one but my opinion for what little it is worth is that it just doesn't look all that great to me.  It says look at me I'm short and loud as hell.  It's great when we get to customize our own bikes to suite our taste but sometimes we just make the industry look bad, and I'm guilty of that one.  I'm not saying this one does but I know my Bassani Road Rage is way to loud when it's cracked open.  I replaced the 12" shocks with 13" and I still drag & grind the exhaust among other parts.  The way that one looks it would be ground down in no time.  This winter the Bassani's come off & get replaced with something like what Steve @ GMR recommends for the S&S 124".  Crusher Mellows sound more to my liking than Bassani Road Rage!  I do have to add that sometimes just having a bike sit there is not a true representation of the sound.  I like the test when they do a drive by at different speeds, then you get to hear what other people do when you drive by.  It all boils down to if you like it than that's all that matters, after all it's your bike & your money.
You right Ray, it's my bike and my money. But I have no problems with pipe , it is very well made, and looks cool, and sounds even better :). And that is what matter to me, had many different pipes on diff. bikes and never had problem with DnD. No one can beat TH for sound but is made crappy and looks ugly again my opinion , it is just personal taste. Ride safe what ever you like ..

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2014, 04:24:52 AM »

The baffle is installed in your exhaust in your video?
Do you feel a difference with the exhaust you have before (sound and performance)?

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2014, 05:12:22 PM »

The baffle is installed in your exhaust in your video?
Do you feel a difference with the exhaust you have before (sound and performance)?
[/quote
John, before I changed to DnD I had drago's dragula and it was dyno tuned. I will do some upgrade on engine this winter so didn't bother to do again dyno and bike runs good. DnD is known for performance and I bought it in first place for sound and look and I knew they perform excellent. Sound is awesome like a V8 love it, doing homework for a 117'' SnS...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.