Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Preliminary test on polishes  (Read 32624 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Preliminary test on polishes
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2006, 12:46:03 PM »

What happened to "last post on this thread"? ;D Actually, I just thought this was a good time to jump in and wish you and Suzanne a Healthy and Happy Hoilday Terry! All the Best! [smiley=drink.gif] Hoist!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »

Terry, had no idea you had ridden in Memphis. ;D

Now THAT'S funny!   ;D   I lived in Memphis for 30 years...then I ran away.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Suzanne

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2006, 08:58:17 PM »

I never knew a cop could be so funny! ::) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] (To be taken as a joke, right? ;D ) I guess you're looking at a white Xmas. Have a good one!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2006, 09:02:52 PM »

Actually I am up to my A$$ in sending out rescue missions and such...  I have Humvees and SUSVs scattered all over the state of colorado... Im stuck in my Ops Center for the next 3 days probably...  this strorm is hammering us!!!!!

Scot... took me 2 hours to get home with AWD on what is normally a 20 minute commute. Almost didn't make it... I highsided the Subaru in the driveway on a 4 foot drift. Neighbors and wife helped me dig it out. I'm on my 3rd Black Russian... things don't seem so bad at the moment...  ;)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2006, 09:21:58 PM »

Scot... took me 2 hours to get home with AWD on what is normally a 20 minute commute. Almost didn't make it... I highsided the Subaru in the driveway on a 4 foot drift. Neighbors and wife helped me dig it out. I'm on my 3rd Black Russian... things don't seem so bad at the moment...

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2006, 10:23:35 PM »

What's all this concern on ''polishing the paint" and waiting for the paint to cure before doing it.

Aren't we just polishing the "clearcoat" anyway and removing fine swirls from the "clearcoat".

Isn't the clearcoat there to protect the paint and give the paint depth [smiley=confused5.gif]

So why do you have to wait for the ''paint'' to cure if it's protected by clearcoat [smiley=confused5.gif]

Sorry to intrude on dis tread....but I just wonda get some learnin' :-[
 [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2006, 10:25:48 PM »

Actually I am up to my A$$ in sending out rescue missions and such...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2006, 11:00:18 PM »

What's all this concern on ''polishing the paint" and waiting for the paint to cure before doing it.

Aren't we just polishing the "clearcoat" anyway and removing fine swirls from the "clearcoat".

Isn't the clearcoat there to protect the paint and give the paint depth [smiley=confused5.gif]

So why do you have to wait for the ''paint'' to cure if it's protected by clearcoat [smiley=confused5.gif]

Sorry to intrude on dis tread....but I just wonda get some learnin' :-[ [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Actually, it's been my experience that freshly painted multi-coated custom paint jobs need quite some time before the clear becomes hard enough to polish successfully.  Just give it some time and it'll do much better.  ;) JMHO.  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2006, 12:29:07 AM »

Actually I am up to my A$$ in sending out rescue missions and such...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 12:29:32 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2006, 05:33:28 AM »

Actually, it's been my experience that freshly painted multi-coated custom paint jobs need quite some time before the clear becomes hard enough to polish successfully.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2006, 05:59:38 AM »

I think you're exactly right, Spyder.
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2006, 06:57:22 AM »

The time involved for curing of the product would also depend on if it was baked in the booth prior to being delivered to the customer.

[highlight]Baking will cut the time to almost nothing[/highlight]!

I too am waiting on the test. For those of you that think it is the best you have ever seen wait till the test is over. Again I will not use a product with any kind of abrasive unless it was needed.

I think on the next CVO get together I will bring the Zaino system and let you see how it really does work. Like I said in past post. I know guys that have 10 grand + in a paint job and they will use nothing else but Zaino. You can bet they won't use anything with any kind of abrasive after the final buff form the painter.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Pretty common misconception, DAWG.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 07:00:25 AM by BLM777 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »

The time involved for curing of the product would also depend on if it was baked in the booth prior to being delivered to the customer.

Baking will cut the time to almost nothing!

I too am waiting on the test. For those of you that think it is the best you have ever seen wait till the test is over. Again I will not use a product with any kind of abrasive unless it was needed.

I think on the next CVO get together I will bring the Zaino system and let you see how it really does work. Like I said in past post. I know guys that have 10 grand + in a paint job and they will use nothing else but Zaino. You can bet they won't use anything with any kind of abrasive after the final buff form the painter.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Until I re-read the original post in this thread, I didn't realize that DHT was talking about using his new blue SEUC.  I can understand wanting to wait awhile on the new paint before you go polishing on it.  However, DHT has at least 2 older BLACK bikes (see his sig.).  I had been assuming one of those was going to be the test mule.  Wouldn't it make more sense to use one of those, anyway?  I'm not so sure the blue on the SEUC is dark enough to reveal the differences between the polishes to the naked eye.  He calls it "dark blue," but it isn't, really.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2006, 08:15:19 AM »

Pretty common misconception, DAWG.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

DHTDHT

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2006, 08:25:34 AM »

Until I re-read the original post in this thread, I didn't realize that DHT was talking about using his new blue SEUC.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 08:32:51 AM by DHTDHT »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.