Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wheel weights  (Read 4824 times)

markp1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

Re: Wheel weights
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 02:12:39 AM »

I had the same thing happen weights flew off while on a road trip after a couple of hundred miles after front tire was replaced 6 serious dings in front fender , took it to my dealer that did the tire install and they agreed it was there fault and are replacing my front fender

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 06:31:10 AM »

I use this in all my M/c wheels. No ugly weights, and puncture sealant...

Article from Ride On.com

Stop Flat Tires Before They Stop You!

As tested in Rider Magazine! They put 9 holes in their tires ..... and kept on riding!

eaglerider“At first I was skeptical about the product, however, it saves money and time, and keeps our riders upright and on the road. We go through tires like they’re water, so we are always on the look-out for products that maximize our tires’ efficiency. A quality, well maintained motorcycle is the most important thing EagleRider provides its customers. In 2010, EagleRider customers rode almost 28 million miles on their bikes. Incorporating the Ride-On TPS Motorcycle Formula high-speed tire balancer and sealant helps EagleRider mechanics become more efficient when working on bikes while also providing the customer with a better performing motorcycle. The sealant improves the bike’s fuel efficiency, extends tire life, mutes road vibrations, and seals punctures in the tire’s crown area.” Steve Sergi, Director National Corporate Service - EagleRider

ultrarider123

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 08:33:05 AM »

I use this in all my M/c wheels. No ugly weights, and puncture sealant...

Article from Ride On.com

So, no adverse effects what-so-ever with the sealant?  Balance on the tires good?  Easy to use?  Interested in this.....

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »

So, no adverse effects what-so-ever with the sealant?  Balance on the tires good?  Easy to use?  Interested in this.....

I've used it on the last two sets of tires with great results too.  For me it's peace of mind and no weights on the wheels.

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »

I had for the last three sets of tires on two bikes... Works very well and no chance of dinged fenders from wheel weights and wheels look cleaner with Ride On...

NYresq

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »

Dyna beads or the liquid sealer/balancer is the only way to go.

I personally run dyna beads now and my bike has never been smoother. I was a little skeptical about low speed balance, but I have tried it at every speed and I just cant feel anything moving, shifting or wobbling.

I also love the fact as the tire wears, the beads will adjust along with it. Something no fixed weights can do. Take amtire with 2K on it and throw it on a balancer. i will bet a steak dinner that it wont still be perfectly balanced like the day the weights were put on.
2005 SEEG, also known as the Banana Glide!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:55 AM »

I don't think I replied back about the outcome of my rear fender,, I did take it back to the dealer. And they did step up to the plate and made it all right for me,,, they removed the fender,, sent it to an amazing painter and all fixed.. You would never know it happened.   I was really happy about how well I was treated.  Phil Peterson is really an amazing dealership.  So a plug for them.   Since then I had repleaced both tires.  And yes they are balanced with weights.   I say a prayer or 2 every time I ride.   :'( :nervous:      Stuart

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 08:29:49 AM »

I just had a rear tire installed, Michelin Commander II.

The Indy shop told me that Michelin actually balances the tires during the construction process while the tire is spun on the machine. He said there is no need to add weights to balance them after mounting.

Other tires come with a small yellow dot that is supposed to be aligned with the valve stem to help with balancing. Michelins do not have that dot as they are already balanced and can be mounted in any position on the rim. Yes, he checks them for balance after mounting and said that if he adds any weight, it's because the rim itself is not balanced.

Does anyone know if this is true?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 24 queries.