Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 07 Tour Pack Removal  (Read 15781 times)

cigarmike

Re: 07 Tour Pack Removal
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »

sideview

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 11:47:58 AM »

Can someone that has done this send me the part number for the kit that will work on a 2007 SEEg.

Thanks
Unapologetically American!

cigarmike

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »

Theres a couple Threads with the part numbers and better pics of a few of the bikes with this done, and different ways to do the License plate frame etc. . I did a search but nothing came up. Perhaps one of the Moderators can find it easier and post the link??

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

Can someone that has done this send me the part number for the kit that will work on a 2007 SEEg.

Thanks

I'm sorry to say that there is no kit available for our bikes.  Due to the amount of electronics involved, the process can be lengthy. I am currently in the process of documenting the entire process, and will soon have everything sorted out.  I'd be glad to send you what I have so far.

There are also some others on this site that have done this and have posted about their experience. I think it is definitely worth it, and will begin on mine as soon as the bike gets here.

Cheers!

Chief

cigarmike

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »

Its the same as the '06 if Im not mistaken, it shouldnt be attempted by someone without knowing the secrets to the removal made easy,. like I said, speak with HD-dude, There are issues with the amp and the harness , but Jim knows what to do. This was the best over all change I made to my bike after exhaust upgrade's. And well worth the $$$ There is also threads here that talk extensively about the parts and the procedure....but this dumb-ass couldnt find them.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:16:48 PM by cigarmike »

cigarmike

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »

Tour pak on with quick release mounting.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 12:33:17 PM »

I'm sorry to say that there is no kit available for our bikes.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Bagger

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »

Tour pak on with quick release mounting.

Mike,
I know you've said this before, but I can't remember.  Where is your amp?  Do your rear speakers work as good asthey did before you made this change?  Does your CB work?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 12:42:13 PM »

Hey Chief better be careful about that 2 Year Warranty also!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 12:44:27 PM »

Its the same as the '06 if Im not mistaken, it shouldnt be attempted by someone without knowing the secrets to the removal made easy,. like I said, speak with HD-dude, There are issues with the amp and the harness , but Jim knows what to do. This was the best over all change I made to my bike after exhaust upgrade's. And well worth the $$$ There is also threads here that talk extensively about the parts and the procedure....but this dumb-ass couldnt find them.

Mike, my question for you is what did you do with the long intercom connection for the passenger?

Cheers!

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 12:45:53 PM »

And I REALLY like your countersunk lift in the garage floor. That is super trick. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Bagger

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 07:08:55 PM »

Mike, my question for you is what did you do with the long intercom connection for the passenger?

Cheers!

Chief

Chief, I'm not sure how Mike did his, but when I had the tour pak off of my Ultra, I'd cover the tour pak electrical connectors (CB antenna, tour pak lights) with plastic, bundle tie them with the passenger's intercom cable and postion the bundle over the mounting point for the rider's backrest, so it would fit in the space provided by the Daytripper seat.  Fit like a glove.  As for covering the connectors with plastic, I did that by cutting the corners out of plastic sandwich bags, and using small bundle ties to hold the plastic bag corners on the connectors.  Then I'd route the radio antenna cable to an antenna mount, which was placed on the lower left side of the tour pak docking hardware.  Took me about 30 minutes to remove the tour pak, and about an hour to reinstall it.

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 10:43:46 PM »

I've done extensive research on this forum but have yet to find the part numbers.  I realize there is no (Kit) for the SEEG, but what regular EG part number detachble do you start with...I can't find it any where. There is definatley enough info to git er dun here.

Hell, one of you smart guys that have done this should put together a kit and sell it!  Amp and all!
Unapologetically American!

cigarmike

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »

Mike,
I know you've said this before, but I can't remember.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:51:11 PM by cigarmike »

Bagger

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 07:01:19 AM »

My Amp is in the fairing, got rid of the stock amp and put in Hog Wired, also, if you look at my pics above, My rear speakers are not needed anymore, as I have my speakers in the lower fairings with tour pak on or off. Wifey says she can hear the music better this way than the tour pak speakers that are coverd by her butt.

By moving the amp to the fairing, and since I have no use for a CB (Get er dun breaker breakker, whats ur 10 4 hillbilly ?, Over) lol I dont need the massive amount of Harness , so it gets
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.