Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: A friend just bought a Victory  (Read 11313 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: A friend just bought a Victory
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 03:28:37 AM »

Thank God this is not going to be another "i just bought a --- and I love it so much and its so much better than my HD I am am going to post every 5 minutes how much I log my --- on the CVO (HD) site" thread...
Sorry but just couldn't help myself
No that's the BMW lol

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »

My 2011 CVO Street Glide has one major complaint and that is the compensator/drivetrain sloppy feel. Hopefully there will be a fix to that at some point.

When I was asked to ride his brand new Victory home I was excited to ride it and was really thinking that maybe I'd get rid of the compensator/drivetrain slop issue and then be able to put a few bucks in my pocket.

At the price he bought the Victory I could live with the cheap feel stuff. You know sell my CVO say for $26k and buy a Victory for $16k. $10,000 in my pocket is not a bad thing.

But the engine. It's just odd. Definitely "hates" anything under 2000 rpm. Pulling away from a stop light or riding slowly across a parking lot. Cruising down a 45 mph rode and coming to a small incline you could not roll the throttle without downshifting otherwise a horrible engine noise would make you think the engine was coming apart.

Although the seat is cheap and didn't let me "sit in" the seat the overall ride/feel of the bike was nice and it is very roomy. It handles good at low speeds and zipped down the interstate at 75 mph just fine.  I'm 5'-8" and 145 lbs so I'm good on the CVO but the Victory was much more roomy.

I'm guessing the Victory engine prefers much more revs than the CVO. There appears to be much less low rpm torque on the Victory.

I'm sure I will ride the Victory again and give you feed back as I do so.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »

But the engine. It's just odd. Definitely "hates" anything under 2000 rpm. Pulling away from a stop light or riding slowly across a parking lot. Cruising down a 45 mph rode and coming to a small incline you could not roll the throttle without downshifting otherwise a horrible engine noise would make you think the engine was coming apart.

Although the seat is cheap and didn't let me "sit in" the seat the overall ride/feel of the bike was nice and it is very roomy. It handles good at low speeds and zipped down the interstate at 75 mph just fine.  I'm 5'-8" and 145 lbs so I'm good on the CVO but the Victory was much more roomy.

I'm guessing the Victory engine prefers much more revs than the CVO. There appears to be much less low rpm torque on the Victory.

I'm sure I will ride the Victory again and give you feed back as I do so.
[/quote]

I agree! The Xcountry that I test drove had the same "feel" dead under 2000 rpm and had a terrible vibration in the seat when excelerating. The seat was comfy for me and her, definitely more room than my CVO Ultra and the huge floorboards felt weird but one might get used to that after awhile.

Mandrew13

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »

He is going to take a riding class BEFORE riding it!

:2vrolijk_21:

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 04:06:02 PM »

Thank God this is not going to be another "i just bought a --- and I love it so much and its so much better than my HD I am am going to post every 5 minutes how much I log my --- on the CVO (HD) site" thread...
Sorry but just couldn't help myself

SDCVO you took the words right out of my mouth. Wanted to say that for so long but did not want to stir up sh#t. Bravo bud.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2014, 05:59:01 AM »

SDCVO you took the words right out of my mouth. Wanted to say that for so long but did not want to stir up sh#t. Bravo bud.

I'm tired of pickin' that scab as well.
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »

Now that it's been mentioned, why are there so many topics on non H-D or CVO bikes on this site?  I've read about Ducatis, Goldwings,
BMWs, Indians and the list goes on.  Aren't you guys aware that there are websites just for these brands out there too?   :jack:
Jesus is Lord

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2014, 03:57:47 PM »

Now that it's been mentioned, why are there so many topics on non H-D or CVO bikes on this site?  I've read about Ducatis, Goldwings,
BMWs, Indians and the list goes on.  Aren't you guys aware that there are websites just for these brands out there too?   :jack:
Not to pizz anyone off but.... IMHO if you really don't want to know what other brands a member owns and rides, and how they might compare to the HD's and it bugs you that much to read about it.... skip those threads.
I enjoy riding all motorcycles not just my CVO and there are many on this site that do the same. An occasional thread about another brand - whether comparing it to the HD offering, just describing a new purchase or maybe one about a days ride - is refreshing now and then.  Sometimes a little variety is a good thing.
And like I said, don't read the ones that bug you and let the thread "die" quietly as they oftentimes do.

Again just my opinion.  Yours may differ.

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

Careful there dlaws, you may suffer the wrath of Mr. Shirley.
I am one of those posting about a non Harley brand, but for me it was a review of what I thought about it.
And for the record I did place it in the "Other Motorcycle Related Topics non-CVO related" section.
It will never replace my Harley/CVO but it is fun.
I have been lucky, I have owned one or more Harley's since 1977 and at the same time a brand that wasn't a Harley.
I prefer my Harley's but about anything two wheels is fun.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »

Again just my opinion.  Yours may differ.

Ahhh Phato, as usual the Blues Brothers are on the same page!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »

Who cares what people ride as long as they ride?

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »

Careful there dlaws, you may suffer the wrath of Mr. Shirley.
I am one of those posting about a non Harley brand, but for me it was a review of what I thought about it.
And for the record I did place it in the "Other Motorcycle Related Topics non-CVO related" section.
It will never replace my Harley/CVO but it is fun.
I have been lucky, I have owned one or more Harley's since 1977 and at the same time a brand that wasn't a Harley.
I prefer my Harley's but about anything two wheels is fun.

SBB

I knew that there would be some chains yanked when I wrote that comment, with a smile on my face.   ;D  Some people it's just too easy.
Jesus is Lord
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.