Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: LETS TALK EXHAUST  (Read 16150 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: LETS TALK EXHAUST
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2004, 08:35:38 AM »

Had bassani true daul on my 95in road king they're ok, but your right leg will get very warm.  Like white bros 2 into 1 made better power on the dyno and felt better by the seat of the pants.  plus it is a very quiet exhaust.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2004, 07:52:57 PM »

I replaced the baffles in my SE two piece performance mufflers with Kerker Mikuni PAT baffles so I thought I would share a picture of the stock ones. I now know why A) they were so heavy and B) why they were so quiet. The baffles are big, heavy, and restrictive, can barely see daylight through them. I have read of having them modified which to me would mean cutting them in half and either removing or drilling through the outer sleeve. Anyways, some more info for us to have.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2004, 08:53:26 PM »

Did the baffles in the photo come from your OEM Touring Mufflers? Or did they come from a set of S/E Pro Mufflers (HD #65115-98B)??
My Pro Mufflers are anything but quite, So judging by your comments these must have come from your OEM mufflers.
Thanks

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2004, 10:10:08 PM »

Did the baffles in the photo come from your OEM Touring Mufflers? Or did they come from a set of S/E Pro Mufflers (HD #65115-98B)??
My Pro Mufflers are anything but quite, So judging by your comments these must have come from your OEM mufflers.
Thanks

They are from the 65115-98B's and I will correct myself and say that I now realize why they were not as loud as other slip on mufflers. They had a nice sound but I guess I was looking for something a little louder and more free flowing, and I found it because now they are LOUD with very little back pressure.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2004, 10:28:49 PM »

Here is the muffler that the baffle came from
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2004, 10:40:49 PM »

Thanks for the response. I have the same as yours in the photo  and they are O.K. around town, but too loud to be pleasant on the interstate. Hate to hear yours if it louder yet. Guess I am getting old, a high horsepower motor that is loud because of the compression, cam, sheer power is COOL, a stock Harley that is loud... is just loud. I changed my mufflers at 1000k and am sorry I did, and as soon as I have time I intend to change back. Once again, guess I am gettin old. Glad you changed the baffles, that was something I had thought about doing. THOUGHT about seems as far as it will go.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2004, 03:14:58 AM »

I changed my mufflers at 1000k and am sorry I did

For me there is something about the exhaust note of the SE muffler that is very sharp to the ear. I bought them as I thought a SE bike should have SE mufflers and I had been told that they had an aggressive but mellow sound. Now that I have changed baffles that sharp staccato note is just louder and crisper. I think it might be growing on me but if it does not I am going to change them out for the White Brothers Series E mufflers.          
  One thing I do notice is that it gets peoples attention as I have not heard any other pipes or mufflers that sound like these. When guys see the SE mufflers and here the sound they get kind of a perplexed look on their face.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2004, 11:31:01 AM »

FYI: I don't know if anyone here is aware that Cycle Shack makes the SE mufflers for MOCO. So you can buy the exact same muffler from elsewhere for about 1/2 the price HD charges but, they don't say SE on the sides. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Electra Glide Pete

• Pete's 2005 Screaming Eagle Electraglide
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2004, 08:42:55 PM »

I still think that the Vance & Hines slip on mufflers give you the best deep throaty sound - not too loud - but loud enough when you get on it to separate the men from the boys, plenty of flow & great performance.....Of course you won't be able to brag that you spent $1500 on the latest fad exhaust system available....but instead you will be able to spend the extra money on doing some great rides & trips on your bike & isn't that what it's all about?

Pete

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2004, 09:20:39 PM »

MAS
DID YOU CHANGE BOTH BAFFLES OR JUST THE RIGHT SIDE [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2004, 10:39:33 PM »

Pete, What kind of $1500 exhaust are you talking about?? OR just emblishing? Rienharts @ $641 and Calibers @ $729 are the most expensive a/m ones I have seen. Then you have Screamin Eagles at $379 for the mufflers, $128 for the end caps and another $128 for the heat shields to cover them when they turn blue/brown (which come on our bikes, not on others). Makes them all very close in price unless you ad the frt V & H true duals (@$295) to the S/E's which makes them the most expensive. I have the S/E setup, but I do know it is not that much cheaper than anything else in the end. Whatever makes whoever happy is the best deal for him (or her). Smiles are where it is at.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2004, 11:14:39 PM »

MAS
DID YOU CHANGE BOTH BAFFLES OR JUST THE RIGHT SIDE [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I installed Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and changed both baffles as now the exhaust flows more evenly to both mufflers.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

Electra Glide Pete

• Pete's 2005 Screaming Eagle Electraglide
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2004, 08:52:05 PM »

I might have embelished the price a bit but I think most people w/ Reinharts or Bassani's have spent an amount closer to my guess ($1500) by the time they had them installed and had the engine/module set up.  But you are probably right though....whatever floats your boat & makes you happy is also important - I just think sometimes screwing around too much with a good thing only brings you more headaches - like running lean, overheating, knocking & pinging, etc......I've seen it happen to my friend's bike....why get so technical & try so hard to change a good thing.........ride it & enjoy it instead!
I'm probably just getting bummed out because my riding season is coming to an end  here in Northwest Jersey.....it really sucks when there's salt all over the roads......I guess I'm getting too cranky & cynical.........

Pete, What kind of $1500 exhaust are you talking about?? OR just emblishing? Rienharts @ $641 and Calibers @ $729 are the most expensive a/m ones I have seen. Then you have Screamin Eagles at $379 for the mufflers, $128 for the end caps and another $128 for the heat shields to cover them when they turn blue/brown (which come on our bikes, not on others). Makes them all very close in price unless you ad the frt V & H true duals (@$295) to the S/E's which makes them the most expensive. I have the S/E setup, but I do know it is not that much cheaper than anything else in the end. Whatever makes whoever happy is the best deal for him (or her). Smiles are where it is at.

NYChog

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2004, 10:53:15 AM »

I want to install Vance and Hines duals and Oval slip-ons on my 2005 Electra Glide Classic.  I spoke to the dealer and he told me I should stay with a cross over and not to get the duals because the passengers left foot is going to be hot with dual pipes installed.  I'm not sure how true that is, I really like the look of duals on a bike.  Well in any case I'm not a bike expert and I know even less about exhaust.  Do you guys think this is a good choice?  

I'm also gonna add a stage I kit to the bike.  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2004, 09:28:31 PM »

Never having been a passenger on a bike I can't speak to that experience.  I can tell you, however, that many years of Road Kings with various true dual setups on them and a month or so of the same on the new SEEG has never had a passenger complaining about excessive heat on the left side.  

Admittedly, with the stock exhaust the left side just about doesn't get hot.  You can almost always touch the muffler with your hand, for example.  So with true duals the left side is going to get hotter than it would with a stock setup.  But that doesn't mean it's going to get "too hot" to be ridden close to.  The back of the drivers leg is going to get pretty close to that pipe also when you're at rest.  I've noticed it being hot, but not any more than you'd expect.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.