Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: T-144 Engine now available from S&S, fits OE chassis  (Read 10552 times)

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: T-144 Engine now available from S&S, fits OE chassis
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 08:54:21 AM »

We ran the gamut years ago with clutches in our racer.
Once we went to a Bandit unit, with their adjustable lock-up hat, all clutch issues were put to rest.
Scott

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »

The EX port location is .425 raised over stock.  Other pipes would work and with some welding and a few neat thin cuts you could use many different ex systems.  Clutch that was used for testing was in fact very basic with only a AIM unit and 480 spring.  We are dealing with a 2015 SG that is in the works for the install.  I plan on using a different t/b than the 70 MM. HPI will be do the honors there. It may give up a tad of peak HP but the low end area will be greatly increased and tuning, start up and idle will be in a much better place. I run a 66 on my 124 and did back to back testing against the HPI 58. Same peak numbers but the 58 E had a solid 8 lbs of low end gain. On off throttle is way smoother as well. Even turning the 66 down its still a little touchy if you are  on off the throttle.

Hey guys what about the WEGNER "X" Pipe Header and there proprietary ST Muffler set up with the discs, may take some mod work on the exhaust port. My set up is on my HD 120R not the S&S 144, however this setup increased HP & TQ dramatically (I think HP went up apprx. 8 - 10 and TQ went about 15- 18), trying to find Dyno sheet.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:25:07 PM by geezerglide »

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »

Hey guys what about the WEGNER "X" Pipe Header and there proprietary ST Muffler set up with the discs, may take some mod work on the exhaust port. My set up is on my HD 120R not the S&S 144, however this setup increased HP & TQ dramatically (I think HP went up apprx. 8 - 10 and TQ went about 15- 18), trying to find Dyno sheet.

geezerglide
Over what exhaust ???
John

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »

geezerglide

All depends on what your looking for. It will increase the upper RPM torque and Hp but it is going to loose lower RPM torque and Hp. So if your after running your engine above 3500 all the time or drag racing its a great pipe setup. If that's not what your looking to do there are others that are better.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »

All depends on what your looking for. It will increase the upper RPM torque and Hp but it is going to loose lower RPM torque and Hp. So if your after running your engine above 3500 all the time or drag racing its a great pipe setup. If that's not what your looking to do there are others that are better.
So if you ride like Sachs (wide open) Hehe then it's a great pipe!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 10:26:04 AM »

I'd be suprised if D&D doesn't have something in the works for that, if not already, then shortly.
Scott
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.