Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Thank you cvoharley.com  (Read 7238 times)

King2013

Thank you cvoharley.com
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »

For all the information I obtained from the members.
I'm pretty sure I'm bailing on the CVO line on Friday. After my experience with my CVO road King and all the wonderful things I was worried about happening with the 110, I've decided to go non cvo this time.
The fact that my dealer is now ready to make me a deal on a 14 limited only makes it that much easier. Still worried about the dual cooling issues but the more I read, the more it sounds like they've got the issues worked out now.
I will completely understand if I'm kicked to the curb as I feel a trader, but I owe you all a great deal of gratitude for all the knowledge that I've used from the contributing members.
Thanks again.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Thank you cvoharley.com
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »

never kick you to the curb,

good luck with the limited if you go that route and remember we will be here when you are ready to return to the dark side
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

mark

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:32:40 PM »

With the new CVOs tearing up $40-45k with taxes, freight, etc, and a few mods, I imagine there will be others that follow.  I really enjoy my 2010 SESG, but may be looking at a RGS when it comes time to trade...maybe in '16 or '17.  A buddy with an '09 CVO Ultra is thinking the same.  You're not alone.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 09:34:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure I'm bailing on the CVO line on Friday. After my experience with my CVO road King and all the wonderful things I was worried about happening with the 110, I've decided to go non cvo this time.
The fact that my dealer is now ready to make me a deal on a 14 limited only makes it that much easier. Still worried about the dual cooling issues but the more I read, the more it sounds like they've got the issues worked out now.
I will completely understand if I'm kicked to the curb as I feel a trader, but I owe you all a great deal of gratitude for all the knowledge that I've used from the contributing members.
Thanks again.
Nothing wrong with the limited it's a smart buy imo

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 10:26:56 PM »

Nothing wrong with the limited it's a smart buy imo

Sure is and its a 103.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »

Thanks again.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a 2015 RG Special. If you look at the value of the extras on the FLTRXS vs FLTRX, it's a smoking deal.
Hang with site and bring your Limited to the new GTG.

DH

King2013

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 11:11:25 PM »

With the payoff my out the door is going to be under the limiteds msrp. I'll see the final numbers on Friday, this guy is usually straight up with me.
It's really not about the money with the CVOs I could get the limited cvo they have for an even better deal but I'm not fond of the 110 problems I keep reading about. If the CVOs didn't have all the "that's normal" issues I'd have no problem shelling out 40k for another 1, as of now I personally see no added value to paying the extra 10k for a CVO. I do miss the bat wing and this lifter chatter I've been hearing since 300 miles which is even noisier at 1200 miles is scarring the crap out of me. Besides not wanting to be stranded I sat on a limited and decided that when I go on my next big trip which I'm planning to go from coast to coast I want the comfort as well.

King2013

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »

I nearly pulled the trigger on a 2015 RG Special. If you look at the value of the extras on the FLTRXS vs FLTRX, it's a smoking deal.
Hang with site and bring your Limited to the new GTG.

DH

My feeling is, if your going to drop that much coin on any bike might as well get the most for your money.
One of the things I considered when deciding between the cvo limited and the regular limited is what was I getting for the extra 10k besides a chrome front end and a problematic 110 motor? I can't find the extra 10k in value in it.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »

With the new CVOs tearing up $40-45k with taxes, freight, etc, and a few mods, I imagine there will be others that follow.  I really enjoy my 2010 SESG, but may be looking at a RGS when it comes time to trade...maybe in '16 or '17.  A buddy with an '09 CVO Ultra is thinking the same.  You're not alone.

Yeah I too have been looking into the Road Glide although thinking of staying cvo. However for the money the Road Glide Special seems to be a pretty decent deal...I could possibly be persuaded to go non cvo. I also will wait until 2016 or 2017...give them more time to work out any bugs that may arise.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 05:17:10 AM »

Good luck if you go that way the Limited is a Great Bike !!!!.

DND

ultrarider123

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 07:33:04 AM »

King, stick with us through your meandering to the non CVO world.  There are quite a few of our members that are "regulars" that either no longer have a CVO or haven't purchased one yet.  It's a great site and as you have already stated, you can get all kinds of information.  Maybe that information can guide you back to a CVO at some point down the line.
The Limited is a great value and a beautiful bike.  Good luck with the deal and new bike.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »

Going non CVO is a route I’m certain most of us have done previously or investigated doing again. I’ve owned a bike with the 103 and liked it just fine. When you think about what the CVO’s offer probably some of the set up wouldn’t be something one needed/wanted anyway. CVO or non-CVO, we all ride the same road and there are plenty of mods to take care of disposable income in either case. Best of luck with the Limited purchase…

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 11:34:44 AM »

Don't feel bad at all for what some would see as "downgrading" because it really is a smart move imo ... I've done it myself a couple times and never looked back. Back in '05 when I bought my Cherry SEEG ... I thought I was getting the bike of a lifetime and I won't go into details, but it was just the opposite ... and that was before the problematic times of the 110". I was so pissed at HD for that bike that I traded it for a GL 1800. I am now on my 2nd Limited since then and this current bike is my favorite and ten times the bike that cherry ever was. Another positive note for you is to just think what you can do to that Limited when you spend that extra 10k on what YOU want ... good luck and stick around! 
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

King2013

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »

Another positive note for you is to just think what you can do to that Limited when you spend that extra 10k on what YOU want ... good luck and stick around!

Exactly, I plan to do the detachable kit and from the 10k I save I can put the stage 4 kit, the stretch bags and fender on, already ahead in the game.

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »

Yer GOOD,

I just bought one and I wasn't kick to the curb....

Bub  ::) :P
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 25 queries.