Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: There goes me buying the top of the line 2018 CVO  (Read 14151 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: There goes me buying the top of the line 2018 CVO
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »

Lol what the hell I've already been paying for it over 25 years ;)

Yeah.. At 40, you're in no-man's land. You'll almost surely never see your SS benefits, sad to say...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 05:57:55 PM »

Yeah.. At 40, you're in no-man's land. You'll almost surely never see your SS benefits, sad to say...

Ken
Well I guess I'm going to spend it all now and enjoy while I'm young!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »

Hell, Jesse... Might as well. There are no guarantees for the future.

I'd rather spend it while I'm still young enough to enjoy it, rather than hoarding it for decades and then having to spend it all on long-term care anyway when I'm old and feeble!

I'll just move in with my daughter when I'm old, and make HER life a Living Hell!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 06:43:04 PM »

Hell, Jesse... Might as well. There are no guarantees for the future.

I'd rather spend it while I'm still young enough to enjoy it, rather than hoarding it for decades and then having to spend it all on long-term care anyway when I'm old and feeble!

I'll just move in with my daughter when I'm old, and make HER life a Living Hell!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

Ken I work with a guy that is 73. He doesn't have to work he's just greedy as hell. He keeps saying next year, next year. We keep telling him to get out and enjoy life before there is no next year!

Jesse

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »

Ken I work with a guy that is 73. He doesn't have to work he's just greedy as hell. He keeps saying next year, next year. We keep telling him to get out and enjoy life before there is no next year!

Jesse

I work with an older guy also. He keeps saying "next spring" but in all actuality I don't think he's going to retire. My theory is he's afraid he'll be to lonely if he retires - no wife, kids all grown up and long since moved away, and most of his friends are those of us at work.
Me I hope to ride off into the sunset eventually and never look back - as long as they don't forget to send the pension checks  :huepfenlol2:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 09:22:40 PM »

I work with an older guy also. He keeps saying "next spring" but in all actuality I don't think he's going to retire. My theory is he's afraid he'll be to lonely if he retires - no wife, kids all grown up and long since moved away, and most of his friends are those of us at work.
Me I hope to ride off into the sunset eventually and never look back - as long as they don't forget to send the pension checks  :huepfenlol2:
I think he's afraid he'll die if he retires. His wife still lives with him. We joke that she doesn't want him home.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »

I retired May 23rd of this year. Since then I have put over 6,700 miles on my bike and 2,500 on my truck.  By the way my wife is 11 years younger and still works.  I have been elected to have the fun in the family.  Tough job but I think I'm up to it. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 11:47:41 PM »

I retired May 23rd of this year. Since then I have put over 6,700 miles on my bike and 2,500 on my truck.  By the way my wife is 11 years younger and still works.  I have been elected to have the fun in the family.  Tough job but I think I'm up to it.
I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me stay at home and keep an eye on Ruby if she takes a higher level management job at Menards after the twins move out. So far she ain't having it LOL! I just want some quality time with the CVO.

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »

I told my daughter before she got married, to marry a wealthy man so that when I got old, I would come live with them and she could take of me.
She said, No way Pop, you're goin' to the Home.
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

Bromebe

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 CVO FXDWG2 Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »

I'm 62 so I've only got about 3 more years,
hence forth the purchase desire of the 2018

this happened before, about 4 years ago?
said to hell with this and took out enough to go buy a 3 year old Shelby GT500 low miler!

just got thru paying the excess tax fee on that one this month!

the kids can tend for themselves,
I want to talk it all with me!

there's hope thou, Friday's are typically a down day and they are up a smiggun!
false hope I'm sure
2013 CVO Screaning Eagle Road King - Big Blue
2001 CVO  Switchblade - Flash (sold)

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »

I'm 62 so I've only got about 3 more years,
hence forth the purchase desire of the 2018

this happened before, about 4 years ago?
said to hell with this and took out enough to go buy a 3 year old Shelby GT500 low miler!

just got thru paying the excess tax fee on that one this month!

the kids can tend for themselves,
I want to talk it all with me!

there's hope thou, Friday's are typically a down day and they are up a smiggun!
false hope I'm sure

Attaboy! We told our kids they aren't inheriting anything either. Neither me nor my wife inherited a dime, and we've done okay for ourselves through hard work for decades. I have always been of the mindset that things you have to work for, you value… whereas things you are just given, you don't value.

Nice to see that Mr. Market is FINALLY back in somewhat of a good mood today! Today, we've made back about 15% of what we have LOST in the last 3 weeks in our IRAs and 401ks...  :-\. Hey, it's a start!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »

So far for a Friday it is good! I don't get how in todays world bonds, metals and the market can now all seem tied together??

I retired over two years ago and last year I was in buying a new bike when my wife received a text from our youngest asking what we were doing...response: spending your inheritance!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »

So far for a Friday it is good! I don't get how in todays world bonds, metals and the market can now all seem tied together??

I retired over two years ago and last year I was in buying a new bike when my wife received a text from our youngest asking what we were doing...response: spending your inheritance!

+1  :2vrolijk_21:

I don't understand how the market works these days, either. Netflix got 23% chopped off their stock price earlier this week, because they missed their revenue number, even though there still growing nicely. ISIS and the Ebola scare have turned the market on its head in the past few weeks. There's really no reason for all of the emotional selling… But that's what people start doing when they are panicked. Warren Buffett always says "be greedy when others are fearful, and be fearful when others are greedy."

I just wish I had moved to all cash a few weeks ago when the Ebola stories started happening, like I told my wife I was thinking about doing, but stupidly didn't...  :-X

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »

Holy Crap....

@ 48, I can retire from County service as early as 55 (I'll have 32 years of service) and can look for other work to tide me over until I make 67 and can collect the rest.

We have no kids and I just realized: Why do I own a home? no one to leave it to...  :nixweiss:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 02:35:39 PM »

Holy Crap....

@ 48, I can retire from County service as early as 55 (I'll have 32 years of service) and can look for other work to tide me over until I make 67 and can collect the rest.

We have no kids and I just realized: Why do I own a home? no one to leave it to...  :nixweiss:
My wife and I have kids. I'm siding with Ken here.  I'm not leaving squat.  They need to earn their own way.

We aren't sure why we own a home.  We think we'd love retiring and selling the house and living in a motor home!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.